Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 08-29-2014, 09:35 AM   #1081
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
Yup, IIRC, 5.3.2 was the annoying one, bsdiff is your friend . (There's a quick recap of what to do in the HOWTO_BUILD, IIRC).

@ADambi: Thanks, I'll try to merge this later this evening .

Last edited by NiLuJe; 08-29-2014 at 02:50 PM.
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2014, 03:14 PM   #1082
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Version 2.7.4

Merge ADambi's patch to support FW 5.4.5.1, thanks!
Kill support for FW 5.4.3, since it's been shown to be broken. 5.4.3.1 was untouched, but is also untested.

----

Random rant: BitBucket not handling ECDSA keys sucks.

Last edited by NiLuJe; 08-29-2014 at 03:29 PM.
Advert
Old 08-29-2014, 09:21 PM   #1083
the big ant
the big ant began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Just a thank you for this program. Great to have it working again with latest Kindle firmware upgrade (5.4.5.1). It seems to work fine.
the big ant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2014, 03:41 AM   #1084
felixcode
felixcode began at the beginning.

Device: KPW2
changed to 5.4.3.2 downloaded from link in this thread, problem resolved.
thanks
felixcode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2014, 03:42 AM   #1085
felixcode
felixcode began at the beginning.

Device: KPW2
Quote:
Originally Posted by knc1 View Post
Please see "requirements" section of first post. In part:
In addition to those things documented as broken, you have just found another one -
One specific to your Hardware / Firmware combination.
I.E:
Code:
java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: com.amazon.kindle.content.catalog.G: method lhc(Ljava/lang/String;)Lcom/amazon/kindle/content/catalog/h; not found
See that class named "G" and the method named "h" ?
Those change their names with every firmware build for each hardware (Kindle) model.

There is a (non-Ixtab) update to Collections Manager somewhere earlier in this thread that may have fixed those specific errors.
downloaded 5.4.3.2 image from link in this thread, upgraded and reinstalled, problem solved, thanks!
felixcode is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-30-2014, 08:10 AM   #1086
ADambi
Enthusiast
ADambi has never been to obedience school.ADambi has never been to obedience school.ADambi has never been to obedience school.ADambi has never been to obedience school.ADambi has never been to obedience school.ADambi has never been to obedience school.ADambi has never been to obedience school.ADambi has never been to obedience school.ADambi has never been to obedience school.ADambi has never been to obedience school.ADambi has never been to obedience school.

Device: PW2 5.4.5.1
Quote:
Originally Posted by knc1 View Post
Hmm...

Go to:
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=170929
Scroll down to the "Repair Images" links to off-site file storages ;
At least one of those sites still has a copy of the 5.3.0 image on-file.

(I just this minute checked by downloading it. )
Sorry, no direct link - site policy - you have to go to one of our off-site lists of recovery links.

And Amazon still is providing the 5.3.0 (partial) image update files.
Which, with a lot of hassle, could be applied off-Kindle to the 5.3.0 full image.
Note: You will need a copy of bzpatch installed on your development machine to do that (and KindleTool to take the Amazon .bin apart with).

Ref:
https://s3.amazonaws.com/G7G_Firmwar...ndle_5.3.2.bin
https://s3.amazonaws.com/G7G_Firmwar...le_5.3.2.1.bin

The update path for the KT is listed here:
http://www.amazon.com/gp/help/custom...deId=200790650
Thanks for hinting, did it from 5.1.2 dump and Update_kindle_5.3.2.1.bin:
update-15-1679530004-1804290009 (5.1.2->5.3.2)
update-15-1679530004-1840090002 (5.1.2->5.3.2.1)
with modification of original ffs script.
ADambi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2014, 08:40 AM   #1087
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Quote:
Originally Posted by ADambi View Post
Thanks for hinting, did it from 5.1.2 dump and Update_kindle_5.3.2.1.bin:
update-15-1679530004-1804290009 (5.1.2->5.3.2)
update-15-1679530004-1840090002 (5.1.2->5.3.2.1)
with modification of original ffs script.
SUPER!
(This is one of the things I mean by "Embedded Cheerleader" even though I screw up the easy answers, I sometimes get the hard ones correct.)

Hang on to those resultant images -
It is rare, but the need for them as reference material sticks its head up from time-to-time.

I don't have write access to our "recovery image" storage locations, but perhaps someone who does will contact you via PM about putting those reference works on-line.

Last edited by knc1; 08-30-2014 at 08:44 AM.
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2014, 09:15 AM   #1088
NiLuJe
BLAM!

Yeah, I don't have a full one either, I think I only did the patching for the jars .
Old 08-30-2014, 09:48 AM   #1089
ADambi
Enthusiast
ADambi has never been to obedience school.ADambi has never been to obedience school.ADambi has never been to obedience school.ADambi has never been to obedience school.ADambi has never been to obedience school.ADambi has never been to obedience school.ADambi has never been to obedience school.ADambi has never been to obedience school.ADambi has never been to obedience school.ADambi has never been to obedience school.ADambi has never been to obedience school.

Device: PW2 5.4.5.1
I did it under mingw shell (Windows) and my target was only jars.
There are no recovery images...
ADambi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2014, 09:16 PM   #1090
mhnotnot
mhnotnot can teach chickens to fly.mhnotnot can teach chickens to fly.mhnotnot can teach chickens to fly.mhnotnot can teach chickens to fly.mhnotnot can teach chickens to fly.mhnotnot can teach chickens to fly.mhnotnot can teach chickens to fly.mhnotnot can teach chickens to fly.mhnotnot can teach chickens to fly.mhnotnot can teach chickens to fly.mhnotnot can teach chickens to fly.

Device: kindle 4, paperwhite 2
NiLuJe,

I think people asked for 5.4.4.2, can you please apply these files? I do not have PW1 so they are totally untested but given all methods but one are full bytecode match to 5.4.2 and one is the only candidate with matching signature it should work.

P.S. I am lazy so I want a version that will run import from calibre directly on unplug. Does anybody know if it is possible to run kindlet or some other java application from command line? Is it possible to trigger something on USB unplug from computer?
Attached Files
File Type: zip fw5442.zip (13.5 KB, 236 views)

Last edited by mhnotnot; 08-31-2014 at 09:18 PM.
mhnotnot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2014, 01:51 AM   #1091
CheriePie
Connoisseur
CheriePie got an A in P-Chem.CheriePie got an A in P-Chem.CheriePie got an A in P-Chem.CheriePie got an A in P-Chem.CheriePie got an A in P-Chem.CheriePie got an A in P-Chem.CheriePie got an A in P-Chem.CheriePie got an A in P-Chem.CheriePie got an A in P-Chem.CheriePie got an A in P-Chem.CheriePie got an A in P-Chem.

Device: Kindle Voyage, Samsung Galaxy S23+, Galaxy Tab S6
I'm on 5.4.4.2 on a PW1 so would be willing to test any fixes. Let me know what to download when it's ready and I'll take it for a spin.
CheriePie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2014, 12:30 PM   #1092
NiLuJe
BLAM!

@CheriePie: Here goes nothing .

@mhnotnot: Thanks again .

As for running stuff from the CLI, I vaguely remember some scripts calling a compiled java class through cvm directly, but I have no idea how said class must be engineered for that to work.

As for running stuff on unplug, that simply requires something running in the background and listening for the usb unplug event (both the ScreenSavers & Fonts hack have a mechanism that handles this, albeit disabled by default on FW 5.x).

Last edited by NiLuJe; 10-11-2014 at 05:25 PM. Reason: Remove deprecated attachment ;)
Old 09-03-2014, 11:05 PM   #1093
Tukan
Tukan began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle PW2
Just wanted to say thanks.
With FW 5.4.5.1 and CM 2.7.4 I was able to finally sync my PW2 4GB with Calibre collections without a problem. Thanks again.
Tukan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2014, 02:14 AM   #1094
mthodmn101
mthodmn101 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle PW
Quote:
Originally Posted by NiLuJe View Post
@CheriePie: Here goes nothing .

@mhnotnot: Thanks again .

As for running stuff from the CLI, I vaguely remember some scripts calling a compiled java class through cvm directly, but I have no idea how said class must be engineered for that to work.

As for running stuff on unplug, that simply requires something running in the background and listening for the usb unplug event (both the ScreenSavers & Fonts hack have a mechanism that handles this, albeit disabled by default on FW 5.x).
makes the collections on 5.4.4.2 but doesnt put the books in them
mthodmn101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2014, 02:05 AM   #1095
CheriePie
Connoisseur
CheriePie got an A in P-Chem.CheriePie got an A in P-Chem.CheriePie got an A in P-Chem.CheriePie got an A in P-Chem.CheriePie got an A in P-Chem.CheriePie got an A in P-Chem.CheriePie got an A in P-Chem.CheriePie got an A in P-Chem.CheriePie got an A in P-Chem.CheriePie got an A in P-Chem.CheriePie got an A in P-Chem.

Device: Kindle Voyage, Samsung Galaxy S23+, Galaxy Tab S6
Quote:
Originally Posted by mthodmn101 View Post
makes the collections on 5.4.4.2 but doesnt put the books in them
Tested CM 2.7.5 on PW 5.4.4.2 and though it will indeed launch now, and allow me to hide and unhide stuff from the top pane, a step in the right direction at least, it doesn't see any of my collections right now, expected behavior though since all my collections were converted to cloud collections.

So I went ahead and created a new (local) collection from within CM. That worked fine, but then as mthodm101 stated above, nothing happens when I try to move or copy books into the newly created collection. Going through all the same motions seems to work fine, but the books don't actually get put into the collection.

So at least it solved one of my problems, which was being able to launch CM again so I could unhide some of the items I'd previously hidden before my firmware update. But yeah, no can copy or move stuff into local folders.

Thanks for trying anyway, and if you've got any other ideas you'd like me to test, just let me know. I'm happy to help out where I can. Unfortunately I know nothing about coding this stuff so I can't do more than troubleshoot and provide feedback. But coming from an IT background, I'm good at that part at least.
CheriePie is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
collections, collections manager, kindle touch hacks