Kaetrin
Kaetrin began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura HD
excellent, thx!
Kaetrin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2014, 10:47 PM   #857
LadyKate
Groupie
LadyKate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LadyKate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LadyKate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LadyKate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LadyKate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LadyKate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LadyKate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LadyKate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LadyKate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LadyKate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LadyKate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: android 4 (samsung tablet and asus tablet)
Just updated to 2.8 from 1.48 and can't update epub

I just changed the language on an epub and it will not update. The error is

Modify ePubs
Logfile for book ID 111824 (Bookname / Author Name)
Modifying: C:\Users\Kate\AppData\Local\Temp\calibre_hyfut4\pl _lz0_modify_epub\111824.epub
Updating metadata and cover
Parsing xml file: content.opf
Parsing xml file: toc.ncx
Looking for files to remove: [u'META-INF/calibre_bookmarks.txt']
BookName - ERROR: Traceback (most recent call last):
File "calibre_plugins.modify_epub.modify", line 79, in process_book
File "calibre_plugins.modify_epub.modify", line 134, in _process_book
KeyError: u'strip_spans'

ePub not changed after 0.19 seconds

This epub did not have any bookmarks but the plugin is configured to remove bookmarks, update metadata, smarten punctuation, remove metadata covers

This is the first time I've tried to use it since updating to 2.x of Calibre.
LadyKate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2014, 11:30 PM   #858
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch, Kobo Glo
@LadyKate: Can you make sure you have the latest version of the plugin installed. This is 1.3.12.

If that doesn't help, delete the saved settings for the plugin. To do this, open the calibre preferences, go to the "Miscellaneous" section and press the "Open calibre configuration Then go into the directory "plugins" and find the file "Modify ePub.json" and delete it. The restart calibre and try the plugin again.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2014, 01:19 AM   #859
LadyKate
Groupie
LadyKate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LadyKate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LadyKate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LadyKate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LadyKate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LadyKate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LadyKate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LadyKate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LadyKate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LadyKate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LadyKate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: android 4 (samsung tablet and asus tablet)
Thanks for responding davidfor. I must have needed a few more restarts of calibre. I had updated the plugins... all of them, and restarted BUT after making a couple of other changes and restarting about six times the next time I tried (which I did after almost every restart) it worked. Must have been in limbo or something. Sorry for bothering all.

Must be because it was a major update, I hadn't updated from 1.48 until tonight.
LadyKate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2014, 02:37 AM   #860
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch, Kobo Glo
Nothing to see here. Another thread, maybe...

I really need to pay attention to what I am doing

Last edited by davidfor; 11-01-2014 at 02:43 AM.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote