Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 03-27-2013, 03:21 PM   #16
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
+1 for using Calibre.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 05:13 PM   #17
Shopaholic
Cockatoo Mom!
Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW4, Kobo: A1, Clara, Libra 2, iPad Pro 11, iPad Mini
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashjuk View Post
And just to buck the trend - I detest Calibre.

I absolutely hate the way IT decides how to organise your library - I do not want every book to be in it's own folder and there is no way to change it.

There most definitely is a way to change it. Take a look at the tags that have been assigned to your various books. Delete them and Calibre won't put each book in it's own collection. Tags = collections. No tag, no collection! If you want a book or books in specific collections then make up your own tags and all of those books will be in that collection.

Booklover, I understood exactly what you meant. Mark obviously lost what you meant in the translation. She meant that no book on her reader is in a collection other than what she wants it in and she organizes it thusly through Calibre not the device.
Shopaholic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 03:27 AM   #18
Ashjuk
Fanatic
Ashjuk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ashjuk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ashjuk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ashjuk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ashjuk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ashjuk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ashjuk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ashjuk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ashjuk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ashjuk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ashjuk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura One, Sony PRS 600/650
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shopaholic View Post
There most definitely is a way to change it. Take a look at the tags that have been assigned to your various books. Delete them and Calibre won't put each book in it's own collection. Tags = collections. No tag, no collection! If you want a book or books in specific collections then make up your own tags and all of those books will be in that collection.

Booklover, I understood exactly what you meant. Mark obviously lost what you meant in the translation. She meant that no book on her reader is in a collection other than what she wants it in and she organizes it thusly through Calibre not the device.
Unfortunately you are wrong - there is NO way of changing it.
I am not talking about collections I am talking of physical folders on my hard drive, and I quote -
Quote:
The short and sweet answer:

You can't change the library's folder structure. You shouldn't even be in there.
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=119175

Sorry but that's not good enough. I want the folder structure of my library organised the way I want it and not the way that the developer of Calibre decided it should be.

I also quote -
Quote:
The reason calibre copies all those ebooks over into its own set of folders is so that it can have exclusive access to them, and so it can know exactly what they are, where they are, and what they're named. Think of it as a black box, one with a big warning label stating "NO USER SERVICEABLE PARTS INSIDE!" Or maybe a storage room with a locked door with a sign on it saying "PRIVATE - Calibre Only".
What?? In what universe do the developers think that they have exclusive access to MY material stored on MY machine - that is just plain arrogant.
I am perfectly capable of knowing what they are, where they are and what they are called - is not "My Documents\Library\Biographies\Rob Brydon - Small Man in a Book.epub" clear enough? It is for me.
And for that reason in my opinion Calibre sucks.
Ashjuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 08:14 AM   #19
Shopaholic
Cockatoo Mom!
Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW4, Kobo: A1, Clara, Libra 2, iPad Pro 11, iPad Mini
Then perhaps to be more clear you should have specified folders on your PC hard drive. Myself and others, judging by their comments, thought you were referring to your reading device. Which is precisely what this thread was discussing in the first place.

And since THEY developed the program I think it only fair that they decide how THEY want to make it function.
Shopaholic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 08:35 AM   #20
bla
E bookworm
bla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS T1,Android Tablet, I phone
Why do people have to complicate things? remember KISS.... is your books collection really so big and complex that you have a need to use a third party program ?Unless you are adding a complete library or 100's of books at a time just use the device software.. I have over a 1000 books simply organized by author in 96 collections.. I add collections as needed... I can find a book with a couple of taps or just use the search function in the books list.. think carefully as to whether you really need so much organization
bla is offline   Reply With Quote