Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 01-13-2010, 11:06 AM   #1
davidm_uk
davidm_uk began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-505
Force Database Rebuild?

(I have searched for this but couldn't find anything)

I've been playing with Calibre for a couple of weeks to get the hang of the basics, and had imported some tens of books. I now want to start afresh and have deleted (using Calibre) all but a couple of books I want to keep in there. I've checked that Calibre did delete the book files and folders.

Now when I import some books, including a few that might have been in the first download, it is reporting duplicates, so it seems that the database itself hasn't been cleared. Before I add any more books is there a way of forcing Calibre to re create the database with the books that are there, or am I going to have to delete everything and start again (I have backups of the book files, so not a disaster if I have to reconvert and import them again)?
davidm_uk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2010, 11:56 AM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Its reporting duplicates based on books you've deleted? That sounds impossible. But go to preferences->advanced and click the check database integrity button (as aprt of the check, the database is re initialized)
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-13-2010, 02:59 PM   #3
davidm_uk
davidm_uk began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-505
Whatever it was, that's fixed it.

Many thanks.
davidm_uk is offline   Reply With Quote