Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > iRex

Notices

Old 06-17-2010, 06:26 PM   #1
pavelh
Zealot
pavelh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pavelh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pavelh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pavelh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pavelh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pavelh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pavelh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pavelh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pavelh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pavelh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pavelh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Kobo Clara HD
DR800 & tyh promised text highligting

Hi and thanks for reading my post,

I was wondering if iRex fulfilled their promise and has got the highlighting of text running on DR800? I've contacted their support, but probably due to the company problems (the store is down ) they did not reply.

Many thanks in advance for your kind help!

PH

(sorry for the typos in the headline)
pavelh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2010, 04:34 AM   #2
Mackx
Guru
Mackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to behold

Device: iRex DR1000S
Highlighting is not in the current firmware. I am not sure where this was promised, I only know some future annotation functionality they are considering for epub in this thread. Lets hope iRex finds some new investors so these features all make it into a future firmware.
Mackx is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-18-2010, 08:01 AM   #3
pavelh
Zealot
pavelh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pavelh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pavelh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pavelh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pavelh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pavelh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pavelh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pavelh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pavelh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pavelh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pavelh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Hi and thanks for your reply!

I sure hope they can get out of the pickle too. I love their products and I was just about ready to get one

As to the highlighting - I am certain it was promised although I probably won't be able to allocate the info source, nevertheless I communicated with their support a long while back and they confirmed that highlighting would be made possible with an upcoming firmware and I can dig up that e-mail if anyone's interested.

Best regards,

PH
Old 06-18-2010, 11:54 AM   #4
Shaggy
Wizard
Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iRex iLiad, DR800SG
Quote:
Originally Posted by pavelh View Post
I was wondering if iRex fulfilled their promise and has got the highlighting of text running on DR800?
I don't remember seeing them say that the DR800 would have highlighting.
Shaggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2010, 12:26 PM   #5
pavelh
Zealot

Shaggy:
They certainly planned for it for sure. If there is interest among more users here, I will dig up the e-mail with their support in which they confirmed it to me from my archive.

PH
Advert
Old 06-18-2010, 12:32 PM   #6
Shaggy
Wizard
Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iRex iLiad, DR800SG
Quote:
Originally Posted by pavelh View Post
Shaggy:
They certainly planned for it for sure. If there is interest among more users here, I will dig up the e-mail with their support in which they confirmed it to me from my archive.

PH
They may have been planning on it, but I've never seen a public statement promising it. There are lots of things on internal software roadmaps that never get done, that's a bit different than making public promises of features and then not fulfilling them (which is what it sounded like you were suggesting). There are certainly examples of iRex doing that in the past, but I don't think this is one of them.
Shaggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2010, 01:08 PM   #7
pavelh
Zealot

Shaggy:
Agree with your point, obviously. Doesn't make much difference to me as a possible user, though. It either gets done or not and that's what I needed to find out.

PH