Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 12-11-2010, 05:17 PM   #1
kelliedn
Enthusiast
kelliedn plays well with otherskelliedn plays well with otherskelliedn plays well with otherskelliedn plays well with otherskelliedn plays well with otherskelliedn plays well with otherskelliedn plays well with otherskelliedn plays well with otherskelliedn plays well with otherskelliedn plays well with otherskelliedn plays well with others

Device: Sony Touch Reader PRS-650
Sony Pocket and Philadelphia Free Library

I tried to download three books from the library yesterday. One of them downloaded fine, while the other two are protected and I can't read them. Can anyone give me any insight as to why this would happen possibly? I downloaded all three to the Sony Connect Library and then transferred them to my Sony Pocket Reader.
kelliedn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2010, 05:32 PM   #2
doreenjoy
01000100 01001010
doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Polyamorous
If this is on a 300, the problem is likely that EPUB and PDF library books can't coexist on the Reader. You might try deleting the EPUB or the PDF and see if that fixes the problem.

This bug was fixed on the 350/650
doreenjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-11-2010, 05:44 PM   #3
kelliedn
Enthusiast
kelliedn plays well with otherskelliedn plays well with otherskelliedn plays well with otherskelliedn plays well with otherskelliedn plays well with otherskelliedn plays well with otherskelliedn plays well with otherskelliedn plays well with otherskelliedn plays well with otherskelliedn plays well with otherskelliedn plays well with others

Ah yes, it is the 300

I will check that and see if that is the issue.

Thank you.
Old 12-11-2010, 05:45 PM   #4
kelliedn
Enthusiast

That is EXACTLY the problem! Both the books I can't read are Adobe PDF books! So I have to delete my epub books off to read one of them then?

Last edited by kelliedn; 12-11-2010 at 05:50 PM.
Old 12-11-2010, 06:09 PM   #5
Bookworm_Girl
E-reader Enthusiast
Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 3; Kobo Aura One; iPad Mini 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by kelliedn View Post
That is EXACTLY the problem! Both the books I can't read are Adobe PDF books! So I have to delete my epub books off to read one of them then?
Unfortunately, yes, you will have to delete the library EPUB books off your ereader in order to read the library PDF books. It's an either / or situation. You can't have both library EPUBs and PDFs on your reader at the same time.

However, you do not have to delete ALL of your EPUBs, just the library ones. Your non-library EPUBs and PDFs can coexist happily together on your ereader.
Bookworm_Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-11-2010, 06:11 PM   #6
kelliedn
Enthusiast

Well, I deleted EVERYTHING off my reader and re-added the PDF library book (just one) and I still can't read it. It is the only book on my reader right now.
Old 12-11-2010, 06:17 PM   #7
kelliedn
Enthusiast

Okay, I had to redownload them from the library and add them back onto my reader and I can read them now. lol! Wish I hadn't deleted EVERYTHING off my reader...duh! Well, I know better now!
Old 12-11-2010, 06:18 PM   #8
kelliedn
Enthusiast

Thank you for all your help!
Old 12-11-2010, 06:21 PM   #9
Bookworm_Girl
E-reader Enthusiast
Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

First, could you read at least one library book ok before? I ask that just to make sure that your ereader is properly authorized and working with ADE DRM-protected files.

What you describe has happened to me before with my 505 which also had this conflict problem. What I did was to delete all copies of the library books (both EPUB and PDF formats) from both my reader and my computer hard-drive. Try that and start with a clean slate. Then redownload only one file format, i.e. just the PDFs, from your library account. Transfer it to your ereader and see if that works.
Old 12-11-2010, 06:24 PM   #10
Bookworm_Girl
E-reader Enthusiast

Great news! I was typing my message at the same time as you. I see you figured out how to fix it. I know it is really annoying to have to read only one library file format at a time. I am glad that Sony has fixed this problem on the new models. Too bad they couldn't have also fixed it on the older models with a firmware update.
Old 12-11-2010, 07:44 PM   #11
doreenjoy
01000100 01001010
doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Polyamorous
Glad you got it working!
doreenjoy is offline   Reply With Quote