Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > iRex > iRex Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 07-13-2007, 03:18 AM   #16
azerty
azerty began at the beginning.

Device: iliad/palm TX
CF boot longer

Tried to boot from CF. It takes MUCH longer using a simple CF card. 47 seconds from internal flash, 75 seconds from CF. See http://forum.irexnet.com/viewtopic.php?p=7790#7790
azerty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2007, 03:28 AM   #17
tororebelde
No es el toro que piensas
tororebelde began at the beginning.

Device: iRex iliad
I love to start the day with this nice nice news!

But, like Antartica, I don't have a CF too so it's time to acquire one.
What size of CF card recommend you guys who were been able so fortunated to try the reflash utility? What size is the developer kernel/initrd image?
tororebelde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2007, 05:19 AM   #18
tribble
iLiad Maniac
tribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it is

Device: Bookeen Opus (i love that thing) and iPad (what an irony)
since the max internal memory is 128MB for kernel and apps, that what you need. (well, the zipped files are alot smaller: 28mMB atm)
tribble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2007, 06:19 AM   #19
Adam B.
Addicted to Porting
Adam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the rough

Device: iRex iLiad, Nokia 770, Samsung i760
I bought a spare 1GB CF card last night for $20. Very cheap.
Adam B. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2007, 07:34 AM   #20
Antartica
Evangelist
Antartica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Antartica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Antartica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Antartica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Antartica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Antartica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Antartica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Antartica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Antartica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Antartica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Antartica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: quaderno, remarkable2, yotaphone2, prs950, iliad, onhandpc, newton
Ok. I've managed to get a SanDisk Ultra II 2GB for 33EUR at the local supermarket. I still wonder why they are 30% more expensive in the nearby photo shops -- tororebelde: I've purchased it in a "Alcampo" (the one from La Vaguada (Madrid)), so certainly they're cheap almost everywhere :-).

How do I subscribe to that download? Has iRex put another page for this, or I have to send a PM to matthijs in the irex forum?

AFAIK I have to download an upgrade from iDS for this to work, or am I totally clueless? :-)

Last edited by Antartica; 07-13-2007 at 07:37 AM. Reason: fix typo
Antartica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2007, 07:47 AM   #21
Adam B.
Addicted to Porting
Adam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the rough

You'll have to PM Matthijs, then you'll get a small update in your IDS account, and you're good to go.
Old 07-13-2007, 07:54 AM   #22
deadite66
Groupie
deadite66 began at the beginning.

Device: irex iliad, uk Kindle gen3
i'll be able to try ipdf now o/
was always worried about asking for shell access incase of bricking my iliad and irex aren't known for quick repairs.
deadite66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2007, 08:06 AM   #23
tororebelde

Ok, now it's time to try the new release Can't wait anymore!!

Antartica: thanks for the tip. I'm near Granada, but has Alcampo too so this evening will be my first stop to get the CF card.
Old 07-13-2007, 08:19 AM   #24
tororebelde

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam B. View Post
You'll have to PM Matthijs, then you'll get a small update in your IDS account, and you're good to go.
Adam, is posible to everybody interested on it to get it just sending the PM to Matthijs? I supposed that development image was only to a few developers interested on doing some test or so

Just thinking what can be to Matthijs receive lots of PM to him ...
Old 07-13-2007, 08:23 AM   #25
Adam B.
Addicted to Porting

I think that right now, they're only granting it to a few select developers. After they do some polishing, they'll release a standard user version.

The problem I have with their planned "user" version, is that it'll only patch a signed firmware file by iRex. That, more than anything, prevents a 3rd party firmware image from being common place. I'm sure they have their reason, but nonetheless...
Old 07-13-2007, 08:31 AM   #26
kapoira
Connoisseur
kapoira has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.kapoira has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.kapoira has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: i62HD + T68
Antartica you too are from Spain:
yo actualmente estoy viviendo en toledo y trabajando en Madrid, si quieres algo ya sabes ;-)

sorry for the offtopic of saludate antartica in spanish, but it was a surprise
kapoira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2007, 08:32 AM   #27
tororebelde

Quote:
I think that right now, they're only granting it to a few select developers. After they do some polishing, they'll release a standard user version.

The problem I have with their planned "user" version, is that it'll only patch a signed firmware file by iRex. That, more than anything, prevents a 3rd party firmware image from being common place. I'm sure they have their reason, but nonetheless...
Ok, that is what I supposed would be ... Then, I'm not sure to ask Matthijs for the developers image, because even thought I want to try it, check, test, learn, ... I know there are other developers with more "technical karma" or linux knowledge than me that can be more useful to iRex

I'll wait to the user version
Old 07-13-2007, 10:12 AM   #28
Adam B.
Addicted to Porting

So I tried making a binary patch file for my Unbrickable version using bsdiff. It gave me a 22MB patch file, which is only slightly smaller than the original. Perhaps when you add files to an ext2 image, it changes more than I thought.
Old 07-13-2007, 01:23 PM   #29
DeGodefroi
Zealot
DeGodefroi began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle DX Graphite (had Illiad)
So, does alternative os boot come to us?
DeGodefroi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2007, 04:27 AM   #30
Antartica
Evangelist
Antartica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Antartica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Antartica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Antartica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Antartica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Antartica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Antartica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Antartica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Antartica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Antartica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Antartica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: quaderno, remarkable2, yotaphone2, prs950, iliad, onhandpc, newton
Quote:
Yep. Thanks for the tip. Matthijs has been quick :-). I have the reflash enabled!
Antartica is offline   Reply With Quote