Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 03-06-2009, 12:18 AM   #31
InlawBiker
Connoisseur
InlawBiker will become famous soon enoughInlawBiker will become famous soon enoughInlawBiker will become famous soon enoughInlawBiker will become famous soon enoughInlawBiker will become famous soon enoughInlawBiker will become famous soon enough

Device: Kindle 1.0
I'll have the library get rid of the 2nd PID. Thanks for your help folks. Thought I was going crazy. I confirmed my PID is good because mobidedrm does work with it. I don't see the need to circumvent DRM from the library though, I'm good with their rules

I love the Kindle again.

Greg.
InlawBiker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2009, 06:23 AM   #32
wallcraft
reader
wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Kobo Glo HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nate the great View Post
The Kindle knows the date. Whispernet has nothing to do with whether the ebook expires.
I agree that the issue is what time does the Kindle think it is. I have not tested this, but I would not be surprised if the Kindle was not an accurate time keeper, particularly when turned off (or how about on a fully drained battery). The time would obviously be corrected when connected via Whispernet.
wallcraft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2009, 08:32 AM   #33
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by daffy4u View Post
This may be a question for Leep or DesertGrandma. They are library checker-outers.
So am I actually. But I just do it differently. Check out the Mobipocket format, remove the DRM, convert via Calibre, install on my 505, and read away.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2009, 08:50 AM   #34
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
So am I actually. But I just do it differently. Check out the Mobipocket format, remove the DRM, convert via Calibre, install on my 505, and read away.
Isn't that illegal, Jon?
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2009, 11:05 AM   #35
daffy4u
I'm Super Kindle-icious
daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KDXG, KT, Oasis
Quote:
Originally Posted by wallcraft View Post
I agree that the issue is what time does the Kindle think it is. I have not tested this, but I would not be surprised if the Kindle was not an accurate time keeper, particularly when turned off (or how about on a fully drained battery). The time would obviously be corrected when connected via Whispernet.

I've read posts on Amazon from people in non-whispernet areas, that the Kindle gets confused about time when it can't connect wirelessly. They've downloaded books and chosen their sort as "most recent" but the new books end up at the end because the Kindle can't tell which are recent.

Others have spoken about traveling out of their Whispernet area into one without and the time not updating when they use alt+t.
daffy4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2009, 11:14 AM   #36
sirbruce
Provocateur
sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch, Kindle 2, Kindle DX, iPhone 3GS
I can verify (in fact, I think I'm the first one to notice it) that if the wireless is off for more than a day, Kindle 2 stops timestamping books when you read them, so they wind up sorting at the end of the "most recent" list rather than the beginning. I have no idea why this should be the case.
sirbruce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2009, 12:29 PM   #37
daffy4u
I'm Super Kindle-icious
daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KDXG, KT, Oasis
Quote:
Originally Posted by sirbruce View Post
I can verify (in fact, I think I'm the first one to notice it) that if the wireless is off for more than a day, Kindle 2 stops timestamping books when you read them, so they wind up sorting at the end of the "most recent" list rather than the beginning. I have no idea why this should be the case.
My examples were from posts about K1 several months ago, so it seems they issue is universal.
daffy4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2009, 01:14 AM   #38
vng
vng began at the beginning.

Device: None
Hi everyone, just got the K2 and have a NYPL card. Downloaded a few titles to my computer and was able to use kindlepid to get the PID and entered in as the 3rd PID (already had two others) and tried to use kindlefix to put them on the kindle, but result was "PID not valid". Do I have to get rid of the other 2 PIDs or is my cmd script wrong?
vng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2009, 05:39 PM   #39
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by vng View Post
Hi everyone, just got the K2 and have a NYPL card. Downloaded a few titles to my computer and was able to use kindlepid to get the PID and entered in as the 3rd PID (already had two others) and tried to use kindlefix to put them on the kindle, but result was "PID not valid". Do I have to get rid of the other 2 PIDs or is my cmd script wrong?
Nope... I don't think so. Although, I have herd conflicting reports that it will/will not work if you have more than one PID in the library.

BOb
pilotbob is offline   Reply With Quote