Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 06-06-2009, 04:30 PM   #1
cartman
Connoisseur
cartman began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura HD, Sony PRS-505 (Blue)
Some small feature requests about comics and metadata

Hello, i would like to make a few small feature requests, mostly regarding comics and metadata:

1)In the "Edit Meta Information" menu, double clicking on a format should open it, that would make metadata editing much easier.

2)When calibre cannot for any reason find a cover on one format of a book, it should search the other available formats, and do that every time a new format is added (and maybe a button that shows the SECOND image on a .cb* file would be quite useful as sometimes due to file sorting issues, the second image is the correct cover).

3)Cover support from .cbr files

And of course, thanks for making such a useful program and for giving so much time listening to user input.

Last edited by cartman; 06-06-2009 at 04:32 PM.
cartman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2009, 06:08 PM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
why do you want 1?

open a ticket to request 2

3 will be in 0.6
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2009, 07:51 PM   #3
cartman
Connoisseur

Once again, thanks for the prompt responce

I want 1 because when i am editing the metadata of a newly added book, sometimes the data that is already there is not helpful at all, so i need to open the book to see which one it is and copy-paste the title, author, isbn, etc. So 1 would be very useful, especially when adding many books.
Old 06-06-2009, 07:52 PM   #4
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Ah ok, open a ticket for it and I'll implement it when I have a moment
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2009, 08:00 PM   #5
cartman
Connoisseur

ok, both tickets are open now.