Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > General Discussions

Notices

Old 12-09-2012, 06:28 PM   #61
crich70
Grand Sorcerer
crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, Kindle Paperwhite, Calibre, and Mobipocket for Pc (netbook)
Quote:
Originally Posted by DustyDisks View Post
Yep!

Article #6 on how not to impress a woman.

How to inflate a woman's expectations into the stratosphere and prick said balloon with a pin in less than a nanosecond.

If done be ready to run for safety ..quick!
I understand that one of the few things that's worse than that is if you buy her a vacuum cleaner or other such appliance.
crich70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 07:43 PM   #62
4691mls
Wizard
4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: ALL DEVICES ARE STOCK: Kobo Clara, Tolino Shine 2, Sony PRS-T3, T1
Quote:
Originally Posted by crich70 View Post
I understand that one of the few things that's worse than that is if you buy her a vacuum cleaner or other such appliance.
Even worse - a scale (happened to someone I know)
4691mls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 09:10 PM   #63
DuckieTigger
Wizard
DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 3, Oasis 2, PW3, PW1, KT
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4691mls View Post
Even worse - a scale (happened to someone I know)
Or a scale and a mirror.
DuckieTigger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 09:27 PM   #64
Anabana
Zealot
Anabana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anabana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anabana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anabana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anabana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anabana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anabana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anabana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anabana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anabana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anabana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, Kindle Fire 7" & 10"; 11"(?)-12" Lenovo laptop
A scale and/or mirror I could handle, but a vacuum - ? It better come with an agreement to run it for me on a weekly basis ....

While I read a book!
Anabana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 03:03 AM   #65
OddCosine
Connoisseur
OddCosine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OddCosine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OddCosine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OddCosine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OddCosine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OddCosine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OddCosine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OddCosine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OddCosine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OddCosine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OddCosine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by DianNC View Post
An aside: If anyone tries Idea #6, please come back and let us know how it turned out.

(If you're still conscious)
Years ago I did something similar. The dome light in my then-girlfriend's car had burned out. I bought a replacement bulb and put it in a small jewelry box (not a ring box) and gave it to her for Christmas. She actually took it pretty well, but the look on her face when she saw the jewelry box made me realize I'd made a big mistake. It wasn't fatal to the relationship, we ended up married, but it's not something I'd ever do again.
OddCosine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 07:37 AM   #66
Turnstone
Zealot
Turnstone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turnstone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turnstone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turnstone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turnstone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turnstone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turnstone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turnstone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turnstone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turnstone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turnstone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by crich70 View Post
I got a chip pan from my husband a few years ago. I was sooo disapointed and hated it first. Later I discovered how much I liked it, to be able to make fries whenever I wanted without much trouble. My husband doesn't like fries at all, so it was really a gift for me and not something he profited from. But I still think it was not a good idea for a christmas present...
Turnstone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 07:39 AM   #67
kennyc
The Dank Side of the Moon
kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle2; Kindle Fire
What's a chip pan?
kennyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 07:45 AM   #68
Turnstone
Zealot
Turnstone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turnstone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turnstone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turnstone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turnstone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turnstone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turnstone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turnstone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turnstone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turnstone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turnstone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kennyc View Post
What's a chip pan?
That's what my dictionary told me how the device should be called. In German it's "Fritteuse". Maybe I just didn't find the right translation... It's a kitchen device which heats up oil or fat and has a basket so you can fry chips / fries or whatever you like without messing up the kitchen!
Something like this:
Old 12-10-2012, 07:49 AM   #69
kennyc
kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Ah, gotcha, probably what I'd call a 'deep fat fryer' -- course I'm an ol' foggie.

Thanks!
Old 12-10-2012, 08:51 AM   #70
xendula
eBookworm
xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 4B/K ~ Nexus 7 ~ Kindle Paperwhite 1&2 ~ iPad Air
Turnstone, since Christmas is coming up again .... they make those for the health conscious now: you only drizzle a bit of oil onto it, but it is mostly dry. My sis got a TEFAL one on amazon.de over a year ago and they use it a few times a week for the kids.
xendula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 09:05 AM   #71
Turnstone
Zealot

Quote:
Originally Posted by xendula View Post
Turnstone, since Christmas is coming up again .... they make those for the health conscious now: you only drizzle a bit of oil onto it, but it is mostly dry. My sis got a TEFAL one on amazon.de over a year ago and they use it a few times a week for the kids.
I heard about those! But after I switched to a paleo style diet I don't eat anything fried in vegetable oil anymore!

Back to topic: on German Amazon it is not possible to gift an ebook. You can only use gift cards (which you can buy almost everywhere). Kobo has the possibility to gift a book, but both partys need a Kobo account for that.

I am curious if I get any giftcards for my Kobo for christmas!
Old 12-10-2012, 10:43 AM   #72
DianNC
Banned
DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Color, Entourage Pocket Edge, iPod Touch 5th Gen
Quote:
Ah, gotcha, probably what I'd call a 'deep fat fryer' -- course I'm an ol' foggie.

Thanks!
We had a 'Fry Daddy' and that's what we called it!

(It's currently in a cabinet somewhere - probably next to the 'George Foreman').
DianNC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 10:48 AM   #73
kennyc

Quote:
Originally Posted by DianNC View Post
We had a 'Fry Daddy' and that's what we called it!

(It's currently in a cabinet somewhere - probably next to the 'George Foreman').
Hey I use my George Foreman Lean Mean Grillin' Machine at least several times over the winter. When it's too cold to grill outdoors (like today 10F!!!! )

Old 12-10-2012, 11:02 AM   #74
DianNC
Banned
DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Color, Entourage Pocket Edge, iPod Touch 5th Gen
I always loved George's commercials

We'd probably use ours more if we kept it on the counter-top instead of stowed away.
DianNC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 04:11 PM   #75
crich70
Grand Sorcerer
crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, Kindle Paperwhite, Calibre, and Mobipocket for Pc (netbook)
Quote:

Thanks!
I wouldn't say that Kennyc, especially as I'd also call it a deep fat fryer and I know I'm not that old yet.
crich70 is offline   Reply With Quote