Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 11-20-2010, 02:55 PM   #1
judith009
Groupie
judith009 knows what time it isjudith009 knows what time it isjudith009 knows what time it isjudith009 knows what time it isjudith009 knows what time it isjudith009 knows what time it isjudith009 knows what time it isjudith009 knows what time it isjudith009 knows what time it isjudith009 knows what time it isjudith009 knows what time it is

Device: Kindle 3, Voyage
Question Can anyone please recommend a hard (not flexible) protective case for K3?

I already have the standard Amazon lighted case for the device, but I was wondering if there is anything out there that is more protective. Namely, every day I put the K3 in my pocket when traveling between 2 different buildings, and when it's in the Amazon case I still always have to be conscious of whether or not I'm applying too much pressure to the device. With a hard, solid case, I wouldn't have to worry about anything. I'm not looking for anything functional, maybe just a slip-on style, just to protect it while traveling. Lighter and smaller are also good features.

Thanks a lot!
judith009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2010, 01:23 AM   #2
basschick
Wizard
basschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.basschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.basschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.basschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.basschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.basschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.basschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.basschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.basschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.basschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.basschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
i think this one might work but it is pricy. neat, though -
http://www.dodocase.com/collections/...ase-for-kindle
basschick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2010, 01:27 AM   #3
Tiersten
Guru
Tiersten shines like a glazed doughnut.Tiersten shines like a glazed doughnut.Tiersten shines like a glazed doughnut.Tiersten shines like a glazed doughnut.Tiersten shines like a glazed doughnut.Tiersten shines like a glazed doughnut.Tiersten shines like a glazed doughnut.Tiersten shines like a glazed doughnut.Tiersten shines like a glazed doughnut.Tiersten shines like a glazed doughnut.Tiersten shines like a glazed doughnut.

Device: Kindle 3G+WiFi
Quote:
Originally Posted by basschick View Post
Thats a pretty nice looking case. Very Moleskine like as well
Tiersten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2010, 01:50 AM   #4
Pushka
Wizard
Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle, Ipad, Iphone, Nexus and PPW
Quote:
Originally Posted by basschick View Post
Ooh, I like those too.
Pushka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2010, 03:34 PM   #5
judith009
Groupie
judith009 knows what time it isjudith009 knows what time it isjudith009 knows what time it isjudith009 knows what time it isjudith009 knows what time it isjudith009 knows what time it isjudith009 knows what time it isjudith009 knows what time it isjudith009 knows what time it isjudith009 knows what time it isjudith009 knows what time it is

Thanks a lot for the reply. Although I'm not going to get one of those that you listed, you confirmed my opinion that faux leather might be the toughest, most rigid material available. Supposedly Octovo has made some nice solid faux leather cases for K2, and they look like just what I'm looking for. But unfortunately they haven't released their K3 cases yet, so I guess I'll just wait for them. I can't imagine they won't release their K3 cases before Christmas...

Does anybody here have the Octovo faux leather K2 cases? Can you please share your opinion on them? Thanks
Old 11-23-2010, 03:58 PM   #6
Tiersten
Guru
Tiersten shines like a glazed doughnut.Tiersten shines like a glazed doughnut.Tiersten shines like a glazed doughnut.Tiersten shines like a glazed doughnut.Tiersten shines like a glazed doughnut.Tiersten shines like a glazed doughnut.Tiersten shines like a glazed doughnut.Tiersten shines like a glazed doughnut.Tiersten shines like a glazed doughnut.Tiersten shines like a glazed doughnut.Tiersten shines like a glazed doughnut.

I know some people really liked the Oberon Design cases for their K2s and they seem to have a range for the K3 now. They're pretty expensive however.
Old 11-23-2010, 05:14 PM   #7
judith009
Groupie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiersten View Post
I know some people really liked the Oberon Design cases for their K2s and they seem to have a range for the K3 now. They're pretty expensive however.
Wow! Those cases are very fancy! And I think their website is very cool, too. It almost has an RPG theme to it. I probably won't be getting those cases, though, because I just need something hard and simple that I can quickly slip the K3 in and out of frequently. I'm surprised that nobody has made one yet - or maybe it's just that I haven't found it. I think a sleeve type case is what I'm needing.
Old 11-23-2010, 05:27 PM   #8
Tiersten
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by judith009 View Post
I probably won't be getting those cases, though, because I just need something hard and simple that I can quickly slip the K3 in and out of frequently. I'm surprised that nobody has made one yet - or maybe it's just that I haven't found it. I think a sleeve type case is what I'm needing.
Somebody else mentioned this case. I don't think its actually got a hard side though. From the description it sounds like the only thing between your Kindle and the rest of the world is just that leather.

Or how about this one?
Old 11-23-2010, 05:39 PM   #9
judith009
Groupie

Quote:
Somebody else mentioned this case. I don't think its actually got a hard side though. From the description it sounds like the only thing between your Kindle and the rest of the world is just that leather.

Or how about this one?
Thanks for showing me those! Those are much closer to what I'm looking for. I will consider that leather one, but I think that other one is too soft. That leather one might be too soft, too, and also it's more on the pricey side.

I've already had to exchange my K3 for a new one because my first one got horizontal lines all across the screen. Amazon CS said that usually that happens after physical damage, but honestly this time I didn't drop it or anything. (I have a thread on that issue somewhere here). My point is that I really can't allow my K3 to get a broken screen again, because they probably won't be so friendly the 2nd time through.

--Update: Woah! Those cases ship from New Zealand! I looked more into that company, and that's what I learned. I'm in the USA. I wonder how long it takes for something to go from NZ to USA?

Last edited by judith009; 11-23-2010 at 05:42 PM. Reason: Ships from New Zealand!
Old 11-24-2010, 12:12 AM   #10
wvcherrybomb
Sharp Shootin' Grandma
wvcherrybomb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wvcherrybomb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wvcherrybomb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wvcherrybomb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wvcherrybomb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wvcherrybomb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wvcherrybomb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wvcherrybomb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wvcherrybomb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wvcherrybomb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wvcherrybomb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Kindle Fire, Literati (has been adopted by my daughter)
http://cgi.ebay.com/Kindle-3-eBook-R...item27b554a92d
wvcherrybomb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2010, 06:53 AM   #11
judith009
Groupie

Quote:
Originally Posted by wvcherrybomb View Post
Thanks! That's my number 1 choice right now. It's a little large, but beggars can't be choosers! Also the price is right. I've never bought anything off of eBay before - but I'm guessing it'll be easy. I never search through eBay for items either, so that's probably why I never saw that.
Old 11-24-2010, 12:26 PM   #12
Gunnerp245
Gadget Freak
Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EE, Note 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by wvcherrybomb View Post
I get a 'shop not found' error when clicking on the link.?
Gunnerp245 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2010, 12:47 PM   #13
judith009
Groupie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunnerp245 View Post
I get a 'shop not found' error when clicking on the link.?
Works for me. Maybe try a different browser.
Old 11-24-2010, 12:52 PM   #14
booknut
Zealot
booknut understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'booknut understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'booknut understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'booknut understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'booknut understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'booknut understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'booknut understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'booknut understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'booknut understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'booknut understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'booknut understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'

Device: PW1 + PW2, NOOK HD
I got one off ebay, 10 bucks, supposed to be leather, I am not sure about that but it's entirely serviceable, nothing fancy but just the basics but for that price I am very happy with it.
Here's the link:
http://cgi.ebay.com/Leather-Case-Scr...item56411bcea2
booknut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2010, 12:58 PM   #15
Shazza
Addict
Shazza doesn't litterShazza doesn't litterShazza doesn't litter

Device: Kindle 3 - 3G & Wifi iphone
Lighted would be nice

Quote:
I just got my new kindle yesterday! Have it charging as we speak. Can't wait to download from my Kindle for PC!

I would like one as above, but lighted so I can read in bed. Anyone got any ideas there?

thanks, Sharon
Shazza is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
case, hard