Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > iRex > iRex Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 10-21-2006, 05:58 PM   #1
scotty1024
Banned
scotty1024 is no ebook tyro.scotty1024 is no ebook tyro.scotty1024 is no ebook tyro.scotty1024 is no ebook tyro.scotty1024 is no ebook tyro.scotty1024 is no ebook tyro.scotty1024 is no ebook tyro.scotty1024 is no ebook tyro.scotty1024 is no ebook tyro.scotty1024 is no ebook tyro.

Device: Reader / iPhone / Librie / Kindle
RSS feed puller for iLiad

Now that we're in, who's going to compile us up a RSS feed puller?

A cute little command line tool that leaves goodies in newspapers and can be invoked from /usr/bin/wireless.sh's "start" code would be cool.

Don't forget, Minimo can reach out and process live links in the RSS feed during the wireless session...
scotty1024 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2006, 03:59 AM   #2
scotty1024
Banned
scotty1024 is no ebook tyro.scotty1024 is no ebook tyro.scotty1024 is no ebook tyro.scotty1024 is no ebook tyro.scotty1024 is no ebook tyro.scotty1024 is no ebook tyro.scotty1024 is no ebook tyro.scotty1024 is no ebook tyro.scotty1024 is no ebook tyro.scotty1024 is no ebook tyro.

Device: Reader / iPhone / Librie / Kindle
OK so I got Java working and I had an existing feed puller written in Java.

So I tweaked it up and it works on the iLiad by running it with wonka.

Needs polish some scripting etc, but here's the beginnings... the fun part is that with wonka, jikes and the already present vi, you can polish this baby right in place on the iLiad.

Kind of cool, you compile it, run it, then turn to your iLiad and click on the document to view it.

The RSS links are live into the actual pages and any link you see on a page you can click. Very nice.
Attached Files
File Type: zip TheDailyiLiadian.zip (2.3 KB, 455 views)
scotty1024 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-06-2008, 06:26 AM   #3
Crumbz
Crumbz began at the beginning.

Device: iLiad
How to get it working for a newbie programming illiterate iLiad owner??

Hi Scotty, I am not a programmer but I want this to work on my iLiad. I have followed the The "absolute n00b guide to installing applications" so i do have shell access and have a working dillo web browser and a script thing that allows wifi to be turned on and off. Could you please detail how to get wonka and the rss feed puller working for a programming illiterate n00b??

I have been to the post "Get your Java VM for iLiad here" but am at a total loss of how to get wonka operating due to my lack of programming experience.

I've noticed using news websites on dillo on the iLiad is a little difficult because many sites aren't optimized for small screened ereaders. Having a rss feed puller MAY help in reading the news on the iLiad. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Regards
Newbie iLiad owner
Crumbz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2008, 08:26 AM   #4
ericshliao
Guru
ericshliao will become famous soon enoughericshliao will become famous soon enoughericshliao will become famous soon enoughericshliao will become famous soon enoughericshliao will become famous soon enoughericshliao will become famous soon enough

Device: Dell X51v; iLiad v2
Scotty had abandonded his iLiad (or iRex). He might not come here and see this thread.
As to JVM, there is a small JVM in iLiad ready for mobiplocket reader. I never saw anyone use wonka. Maybe you can try the official JVM.
ericshliao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2008, 10:46 PM   #5
CleverClothe
Guru
CleverClothe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CleverClothe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CleverClothe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CleverClothe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CleverClothe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CleverClothe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CleverClothe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CleverClothe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CleverClothe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CleverClothe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CleverClothe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iRex iLiad, Onyx Boox 60
Crumbz, have you tried looking at iNewsStand? It runs on the iLiad and will download RSS feeds and convert them into an eBook. It is also actively developed by the folks at Feedbooks.com.
CleverClothe is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert