Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 10-17-2009, 07:58 PM   #31
zelda_pinwheel
zeldinha zippy zeldissima
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: eb1150 & is that a nook in her pocket, or she just happy to see you?
Quote:
Originally Posted by LazyScot View Post
If we are but actors on the stage that is Adrian's Dream, does that explain my fear of alarm clocks?
well, i have the same fear, so i would say yes (and also that adrian got lazy about the individualisation of his figments).

Quote:
I'm slightly worried that you know the taste of furry bananas.... (At least Am has half an excuse.)
why ? (doesn't everyone know that taste ?) and, why ??
zelda_pinwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2009, 04:51 AM   #32
Peverel
Still Easily Confused
Peverel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Peverel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Peverel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Peverel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Peverel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Peverel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Peverel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Peverel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Peverel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Peverel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Peverel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Or maybe we are all just bot programs talking in an endless loop

Who know what could happen!!!!
Peverel is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-18-2009, 08:17 PM   #33
fugazied
Wizard
fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: iPod Touch
I'm a vegetarian so I have to eat 'not-bacon' which is a soy product that kinda tastes like bacon. Suprisingly close!
fugazied is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2009, 08:44 PM   #34
kennyc
The Dank Side of the Moon
kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle2; Kindle Fire
Quote:
Originally Posted by fugazied View Post
I'm a vegetarian so I have to eat 'not-bacon' which is a soy product that kinda tastes like bacon. Suprisingly close!

Wait ... a .... minute....how do you know what bacon tastes like if you're a vegetarian??? Hmmm??? How???

kennyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2009, 09:19 PM   #35
montsnmags
Grand Sorcerer
montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
I'm slightly worried that you know the taste of furry bananas.... (At least Am has half an excuse.)
Hey, hello. Adrian sent me over here. He's in the corner giggling like a mad eejit, pointing at the forum and saying something about people appreciating the "taste" of a "hairy banana". I don't get it. What's funny 'bout that, Adrian?

Well...no answers there...just a laughing episode akin to seizure.

~sigh~ Sometimes I think that boy's not quite right in the head.

Cheers,
Marc (I don't like bananas. I like mangoes)
montsnmags is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-24-2009, 07:24 PM   #36
mvisconte
pHilosopher kIng
mvisconte ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mvisconte ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mvisconte ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mvisconte ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mvisconte ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mvisconte ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mvisconte ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mvisconte ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mvisconte ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mvisconte ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mvisconte ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Laptop, laptop, desktop, phone (HTC, HTC, Asus, Asus, LG rah!)
Closed-captioning provided in my head...

Quote:
Originally Posted by montsnmags View Post
... pointing at the forum and saying something about people appreciating the "taste" of a "hairy banana". I don't get it. What's funny 'bout that, Adrian?

Cheers,
Marc (I don't like bananas. I like mangoes)
Boy, where DOES the time (and date) go?

Usually, at least three months back, to bypass the trial date for shareware. -- But anyway, yes, we have no bananas... we have NO bananas today? But how true is that. I have no idea, especially about the hairy banana thing. Bananas Foster? Not quite, but pretty much anything w/ chocolate on it. Even better if it's flambeau(X?).

I do know about the taste of fuzzy fish, which is not quite what you'd expect. Fish should not taste fishy... if it does, your sushi is NOT fresh, go hit the showers. Only Gortons' can attest to that, but they don't make sushi, so it's a moot point.

Hm... there's something fishy going on here. (... remind me to tell you about the time we got thrown out of the Boston Aquarium... something about having several drinks on a walk-about and thinking it was a self-serve sushi bar. It's quite fuzzy in my memory, but it did taste fresh. And aside from the eels, did no taste fishy.)
mvisconte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2009, 07:29 PM   #37
zelda_pinwheel
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

well, well. so that's where you've been ? on improvisational do-it-yourself sushi tours of the boston aquarium ? listen boyo, if you think that sort of thing will get you the same kind of respect around here as a good recipe for zany carters, a steady hand for pouring, and a well-oiled trebuchet with precise launch coordinates, well, you may have been eating one (hovercraft) too many eels.

seriously though, pull up a chair and let me get you a cocktail.
Old 11-04-2009, 09:17 PM   #38
mvisconte
pHilosopher kIng
mvisconte ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mvisconte ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mvisconte ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mvisconte ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mvisconte ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mvisconte ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mvisconte ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mvisconte ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mvisconte ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mvisconte ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mvisconte ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zelda_pinwheel View Post
seriously though, pull up a chair and let me get you a cocktail.
*A* cocktail? I know that ploy... that's how it starts. First it's "pull up a chair and let me get you a cocktail", then it's "wanna come up stairs and see my etchings", then it's pure horror because, really, that's happened. I mean, ETCHINGS!? Who the blank even HAS etchings these days, much less admits it in public? Here I am anticipating at least a guilty conscience, and then it's all "and this was from his 'black' period, before his sainted aunt left him her box of Crayolas..."
Etchings! PAH! Well, at least it's better than "So, now that I have you alone, have you ever considered being in business for yourself? I represent an internationally known company who encourages entrepreneurship... they have many different products, and one day you can be a black diamond with over 50 platinum memberecs and... what? NO! I never MENTIONED AMWAY! Well, yes, it IS Amway, but really, they're respec- WAIT! COME BACK! DID I TELL YOU ABOUT MY ETCHINGS???"

No thanks. Well, I'll just have that one... Mm... GIN!
Old 11-04-2009, 09:21 PM   #39
zelda_pinwheel

i knew you couldn't resist a cocktail.

i promise i won't mention any etchings. although my neighbor mentioned he has a very impressive stamp collection, and if you are interested, i am sure he'd be happy to show both of us. he's been offering to show it to me for months, but somehow we always run into each other at the most inconvenient times. alternately, would you like me to give you a demo of my various liseuses ? i've got the sony 600 in gorgeous red, and a few others besides... well, i say a few... not that many really. almost too few to mention. hm, your glass is nearly empty, here, let me top it up for you.
Old 11-05-2009, 06:05 AM   #40
GeoffC
Chocolate Grasshopper ...
GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Muse HD , Cybook Gen3 , Pocketbook 302 (Black) , Nexus 10: wife has PW
Quote:

i promise i won't mention any etchings. although my neighbor mentioned he has a very impressive stamp collection, and if you are interested, i am sure he'd be happy to show both of us. he's been offering to show it to me for months, but somehow we always run into each other at the most inconvenient times. alternately, would you like me to give you a demo of my various liseuses ? i've got the sony 600 in gorgeous red, and a few others besides... well, i say a few... not that many really. almost too few to mention. hm, your glass is nearly empty, here, let me top it up for you.

gotcha .... (now go and update your av lines)
GeoffC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2009, 01:16 PM   #41
LazyScot
DSil
LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle, Cybook
Quote:

Is it me, or is Zelda doing "My Way"....

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeoffC View Post
Weatherflash: Whiteout blizzard reported in Hades....
LazyScot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2009, 07:41 PM   #42
zelda_pinwheel

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeoffC View Post
get over it. 300€ please, no tchèques. you can pay me directly. or adrian.

Quote:
Is it me, or is Zelda doing "My Way"....

Weatherflash: Whiteout blizzard reported in Hades....
you know what i love about you, lazy scot ? your perspicacity. (amongst your many, many qualities, obviously, which i won't list here because the forum soft-ware prohibits posts that long.)
Old 11-07-2009, 11:29 PM   #43
mvisconte
pHilosopher kIng

Now that's scary... "now go and update your av lines..." sounds suspiciously like "make sure your shots are up to date". Oh, not (A)nti-(V)irus? You know, yull never cats me nupdatin my anniviris. Is it hot innear?

Toppy off my dink? Tanks. Whyza room all fuzzy? Iss like yer horrizonal an verdigle got all mesh up. Stampsh? Cancel da stampsh! Mark it all fra gilly. An smash the hell outda it. Lige clockwork. Samp an smash, samp an smass. I think I godda lay down. Onna flowr here. I don' be neebuddy's way, juss for a min...

(Sadly, that's pretty much what happened, once, a long, long time ago. Now, I just prop up against the wall.)
Old 11-08-2009, 07:57 PM   #44
zelda_pinwheel

Quote:
Originally Posted by mvisconte View Post
Now that's scary... "now go and update your av lines..." sounds suspiciously like "make sure your shots are up to date". Oh, not (A)nti-(V)irus? You know, yull never cats me nupdatin my anniviris. Is it hot innear?

Toppy off my dink? Tanks. Whyza room all fuzzy? Iss like yer horrizonal an verdigle got all mesh up. Stampsh? Cancel da stampsh! Mark it all fra gilly. An smash the hell outda it. Lige clockwork. Samp an smash, samp an smass. I think I godda lay down. Onna flowr here. I don' be neebuddy's way, juss for a min...

(Sadly, that's pretty much what happened, once, a long, long time ago. Now, I just prop up against the wall.)
don't worry, zany carters have that effect on everybody. it's just that we seasoned veterans know enough to stick close to a wall, or better yet to strap ourselves to a chair before ordering. other than that, how was the ride ?
Old 11-08-2009, 08:09 PM   #45
DixieGal
Hi There!
DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by mvisconte View Post
Nope, I got that covered... it works both as a skin softener, and a cologne. I am quite the chic magnet. Well, chic chicks, and dogs, and cats, and pretty much any mammal. Wait, let's not forget the insects. I might go back to just wearing raw blood behind my ears. It's less messy, and it fits in nicely with my "sudden headache" excuses.
.... Laughing so hard that my eye is watering ...
DixieGal is offline   Reply With Quote