Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 01-02-2009, 06:04 PM   #1
anelson87
anelson87 began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-505 (UK)
No images

Hi,

First time poster here. I have a Sony PRS-505 (UK edition) and have downloaded several books from ebooks.com in the Adobe format with no problem. Now I have come to download my first book from www.waterstones.co.uk which is the recommend site for use with the reader in the UK. The problem I am having is that the text shows up fine but I have no cover or any other images in the book, both on Adobie Digitial Editions and when I view the book on the reader itself. I have had a browse online and believe it may be something to do with the file having JPEG2000 images which are not supported by the ADE or the reader but how can I make sure this is definately the problem. I can't find anywhere that tells me if this file format is part of the ebook I downloaded. Help!!! I have included the link and ISBN of the book I downloaded.

http://www.waterstones.com/waterston...do?sku=6327796

ISBN - 9780748109142
anelson87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2009, 05:00 PM   #2
Patricia
Reader
Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-500, PRS-505, Asus EEEpc 4G
Welcome to the forum, anelson87.
I think that I would email Waterstone's because this sounds like a faulty conversion. They may get the publisher to correct it, or refund your money.
Patricia is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert