Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 02-08-2013, 01:22 PM   #1
Randon136
Randon136 began at the beginning.

Device: none
[Old Thread] Online Armor spots Calibre Keylogger

Hi, kovidgoyal, I just installed Calibre. It seems to work well enough. However, in the middle of reading a book Online Armor flagged that the calibre-parallel process wanted to run and in fact wanted to install a keylogger. What's it all about? I wasn't doing any conversion; I was just reading a book--and at the moment that the calibre-parallel process wanted to run wasn't even reading the book but working with another program.
Randon136 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 01:50 PM   #2
Turtle91
A Hairy Wizard
Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 11/X/6/iPad 1,2,Air & Air Pro/Surface Pro/Kindle PW & Fire
You might get a faster response if you post this in the Calibre forum
Turtle91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-08-2013, 02:04 PM   #3
Randon136

I reposted this on ebook-software/calibre.

Seems it's been moved already.

Last edited by Randon136; 02-08-2013 at 02:07 PM. Reason: update
Old 02-08-2013, 10:44 PM   #4
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
http://manual.calibre-ebook.com/faq....a-virus-trojan
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 01:03 PM   #5
Randon136

I contacted Online Armor and they told me that I could safely 'trust' Calibre.
Advert
Old 08-20-2013, 02:58 AM   #6
quickercarter
Banned
quickercarter began at the beginning.

Device: steve jobs
Quote:
Originally Posted by Randon136 View Post
Hi, kovidgoyal, I just installed Calibre. It seems to work well enough. However, in the middle of reading a book Online Armor flagged that the calibre-parallel process wanted to run and in fact wanted to install myjad keylogger. What's it all about? I wasn't doing any conversion; I was just reading a book--and at the moment that the calibre-parallel process wanted to run wasn't even reading the book but working with another program.
In order to log into Email or somewhere secure and password protected, there is one way to get around the keylogger:
Click on Start -> Go to All Programs -> Click on Accessories -> Select Accessibility ->Click on On-Screen Keyboard
Executing the above steps opens a keyboard on the screen so that the user can click whatever letter he/she would like to type. Since a keylogger does not track where and what the user clicks, this helps to get around it in times of urgency.

Last edited by quickercarter; 08-20-2013 at 03:01 AM.
quickercarter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2013, 05:16 AM   #7
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Welcome to Mobileread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by quickercarter View Post
In order to log into Email or somewhere secure and password protected, there is one way to get around the keylogger:
Click on Start -> Go to All Programs -> Click on Accessories -> Select Accessibility ->Click on On-Screen Keyboard
Executing the above steps opens a keyboard on the screen so that the user can click whatever letter he/she would like to type. Since a keylogger does not track where and what the user clicks, this helps to get around it in times of urgency.
Nice info but not calibre related and the thread has long since become obsolete. In case you missed it there never was a keylogger in this entire thread. Please do not try and help by replying to old threads.

We welcome your participation in this forum and hope you will further share your expertise, but in the calibre forums please keep your replies calibre related and limited to relatively recent posts.

Last edited by DoctorOhh; 08-20-2013 at 05:54 AM.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote