Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Development

Notices

Old 08-08-2012, 02:37 PM   #1
Agama
Guru
Agama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Agama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Agama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Agama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Agama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Agama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Agama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Agama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Agama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Agama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Agama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW2, Nexus7
Add extra <dc:> metadata field

Can I write a plugin to add extra <dc:> fields to a book's metadata.

For example: <dc:Contributor opf:role="rps">[some value]</dc:contributor>

I've had a look at set_metadata in calibre\ebooks\metadata\meta.py but I can't see if this let's me do it.
Agama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 02:52 PM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
You can write a replacement for the builtin epub metadata reader plugin that reads that field, but you have no way of ensuring that the field gets written to the database. calibre's metadata reading code does a lot of post processing on the input it gets from the metadata plugins, so it's unlikely that your custom metadata will survive.

Short answer: no.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert