Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 04-22-2011, 07:47 AM   #1
jk2
jk2 began at the beginning.

Device: PRS-505S
Kindle DX Graphite Desk Drawer Stand

I sit in an Ikea chair when I read my DXG, however I find it uncomfortable to hold the DXG for long periods of time. I wanted the DXG, to float in front of me, just like the books in Harry Potter. A music stand was too far away, as this chair makes you sit too far back. I thought about using some kind of Anglepoise arrangement but that would look a bit odd in my bedroom.

I came up with this this morning using some scrap board, a length of wood and a small piece of metal (it's actually one half of the runners that you get underneath computer desks meant for the keyboard)

Everything slides away after use, and is invisble once you close the desk cupboard door

Anyway, here are a few photos: ( and please remember to be careful if you make one yourself )

Last edited by jk2; 04-22-2011 at 04:08 PM. Reason: extra photo added
jk2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2011, 08:12 AM   #2
jk2
jk2 began at the beginning.

Device: PRS-505S
I should actually add:

This design is not very child friendly.

I would recommend making the end safer by using a flat wooden stage with some plastic kitchen cupboard blocks ( we call them 'conti blocks' in the UK) to hold the DXG in place.

jk2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-22-2011, 04:40 PM   #3
Latinandgreek
Warrior Princess
Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505; PRS-350, PRS-T1, iPad, Aura HD
Wow, great job!
Latinandgreek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2011, 05:13 PM   #4
CWatkinsNash
IOC Chief Archivist
CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Meebook M7, Paperwhite 2021, Fire HD 8+, Fire HD 10+, Lenovo Tab P12
That looks great! Very clever!
CWatkinsNash is offline   Reply With Quote