Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 12-12-2010, 12:17 AM   #16
Purple Lady
Grand Sorcerer
Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Huawei MediaPad M5, LG V30, Boyue T80S, Nexus 7 LTE, K3 3G, Fire HD8
Thanks. The only thing I haven't been able to figure out how to do using Send to Device is how to send them to the folders I want - I have separate folders for borrowed books and for free books, and the plugin for Boox doesn't allow you to choose which one you want. That's why I've been using save to disk - I'll have to check out using Connect to Folder.

I was going to check it out now anyway - ever since I upgraded to 7.32 saving to disk takes forever and when I try to copy multiple books it has been erroring out at some point saying it can't find MyBooks\borrowed after saving a few correctly.
Purple Lady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2010, 08:47 AM   #17
Charles Lewis
Charles Lewis began at the beginning.

Device: Droid X
Looks as if my Droid X is not going to cooperate. I did have the plug-in disabled, so I re-started Calibre and the option appeared (should have tried that earlier -- sorry). But when I tried to send the file via "Connect to folder," the job=1 icon came on, stayed on a few seconds, and then disappeared. But when I checked the Kindle folder, the file wasn't there. I then tried save to disk, which did send the file, but put it within a sub-folder that the Kindle app apparently couldn't find.

For the time being, I'll just use Finder to transfer converted material from the calibre folder on my computer to the Droid. When I get a Kindle down the road, it will be much easier. The purpose of using this program was to convert the books to a Kindle format, which it does great, so I'll be making a small donation.

Thanks for your patience and great customer support.
Charles Lewis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2010, 06:56 PM   #18
Purple Lady
Grand Sorcerer
Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Huawei MediaPad M5, LG V30, Boyue T80S, Nexus 7 LTE, K3 3G, Fire HD8
Try going into Calibre preferences for Saving books to disk. In the Save template I have {title} - {authors}. this will save the book with the filename having the title of the book followed by a dash and then the author's name. You can then save it in the folder of your choice. I think the default saves the book in a folder with the author's name.
Purple Lady is offline   Reply With Quote