Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Apple Devices

Notices

Old 10-29-2009, 04:31 AM   #1
mtravellerh
book creator
mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB360°
Online space

Does anyone know if there is an online service for storing your ebook files (maybe even Ereader pdbs AND Stanza epubs) and let you download those books to Stanza and EReader respectively online from everywhere? I would be willing to pay for such a service!
mtravellerh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2009, 12:02 PM   #2
Trubu
Zealot
Trubu will become famous soon enoughTrubu will become famous soon enoughTrubu will become famous soon enoughTrubu will become famous soon enoughTrubu will become famous soon enoughTrubu will become famous soon enough

Device: Kindle 2, Nook, iPhone 3GS, iPad
Fictionwise/eReader have a "Personal Content" feature for iPhone/iPod Touch that allows you to upload personal books in .pdb/.prc format to your account, where they are then available through Stanza or the eReader app. There's a 25MB limit but it's a free service, you just need an account with them.

You can also set up Calibre to serve an online catalog from your home computer (accessible via Stanza) if you're somewhat technically inclined.

Last edited by Trubu; 10-29-2009 at 12:08 PM.
Trubu is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-29-2009, 12:11 PM   #3
Terisa de morgan
Grand Sorcerer
Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara/Aura One/Forma,XiaoMI 5, iPad, Huawei MediaPad, YotaPhone 2
If you have an account in box.net, you can upload them and, later, download them when you want from Stanza (if you have online access). box is free for 1G (And it works, I download my books to Stanza sometimes in that way).
Terisa de morgan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2009, 02:20 PM   #4
mtravellerh
book creator
mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trubu View Post
Fictionwise/eReader have a "Personal Content" feature for iPhone/iPod Touch that allows you to upload personal books in .pdb/.prc format to your account, where they are then available through Stanza or the eReader app. There's a 25MB limit but it's a free service, you just need an account with them.

You can also set up Calibre to serve an online catalog from your home computer (accessible via Stanza) if you're somewhat technically inclined.
Well, I have set up Stanza to access Calibre (or is it Calibre to access Stanza) per W-Lan, but I don't want Calibre to be accessible over Internet.
Old 10-29-2009, 02:21 PM   #5
mtravellerh
book creator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terisa de morgan View Post
If you have an account in box.net, you can upload them and, later, download them when you want from Stanza (if you have online access). box is free for 1G (And it works, I download my books to Stanza sometimes in that way).
Thanks Terisa, I'll try that!
Advert
Old 10-29-2009, 03:03 PM   #6
kjk
kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: never enough
I use Dropbox to store my Calibre Library.
They give you 2G free, and I can access it from my Mac, PC, and iPhone.
kjk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2009, 12:57 PM   #7
Nate the great
Sir Penguin of Edinburgh
Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Shake a stick plus 1
I'm trying both box.net and Dropbox, and I think I'd recommend the latter. Dropbox requires that you install their software,but the upside is that the software is compressing the upload. My upload speed quadrupled.
Nate the great is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2009, 12:59 PM   #8
zelda_pinwheel
zeldinha zippy zeldissima
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: eb1150 & is that a nook in her pocket, or she just happy to see you?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nate the great View Post
I'm trying both box.net and Dropbox, and I think I'd recommend the latter. Dropbox requires that you install their software,but the upside is that the software is compressing the upload. My upload speed quadrupled.
i had no idea it did that. although i have noticed it's usually a very speedy upload. nice for when you're uploading a 100mo illustrator file or eleventy-gazillion high-res images...
zelda_pinwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2009, 03:09 PM   #9
Nate the great
Sir Penguin of Edinburgh
Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Shake a stick plus 1
I'm having trouble with box.net. Their bulk upload option is a browser based Java applet, and it won't work for me. I'm running JRE 1.6, and still they want me to upgrade to the latest one. I only update for really important reasons and this isn't one, so I won't be using this service.
Nate the great is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2009, 09:15 AM   #10
mtravellerh
book creator

Well, I do have trouble with dropbox. I have to use the dektop version in Stanza to be able to download the book to the application.