Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Introduce Yourself

Notices

Old 08-17-2009, 11:07 AM   #1
jdouglasj
jdouglasj began at the beginning.

Device: K2
Any way to download & print Kindle article?

I have a K2. Most of what I read are internet articles I paste into MS Word and then Email to Kindle. After I have read an article and highlighted it, I would like to move the highlighted article from Kindle back to my computer where i can print it out with highlights.

Is there any way to do this?

Douglas Johnson
jdouglasj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2009, 12:30 PM   #2
MickeyC
Grand Sorcerer
MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 6 plus, Sony T1, iPad 3
Hi Douglas and welcome to MobileRead. Knowledgeable Forum members will log on shortly and field your question.
MickeyC is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-17-2009, 12:59 PM   #3
daffy4u
I'm Super Kindle-icious
daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KDXG, KT, Oasis
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdouglasj View Post
I have a K2. Most of what I read are internet articles I paste into MS Word and then Email to Kindle. After I have read an article and highlighted it, I would like to move the highlighted article from Kindle back to my computer where i can print it out with highlights.

Is there any way to do this?

Douglas Johnson
This was easier to do with K1 where you could save a whole page to the "my clipping.txt" file but you can still get it done with K2. I just gave it a try and this is what I did.

To save the article without highlights:

-Believe it or not you need to highlight the whole article... all the pages. I reduce the font to size 1, so you have fewer pages to go through.
-Connect your Kindle to your computer with the USB cable. Look for the "my clippings.txt" file in the documents folder. Copy that folder to your computer and open it. You will see the whole article without highlights at or near the end of the file.

To save the article with highlights:

-Since highlights are saved in the book's .mpb file, the only way I can think of to be able to print your highlights is to save each page as a .gif file. Press alt+shift+g on each page of the article (usinga font size you normally read) and a .gif image will be save in your Kindle's documents folder for each page.

Note: If you run into a clipping limit post again and I'll tell you how to get around it.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	eden1.PNG
Views:	393
Size:	30.6 KB
ID:	34396   Click image for larger version

Name:	eden2.gif
Views:	405
Size:	19.9 KB
ID:	34397  
daffy4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2009, 02:35 PM   #4
kazbates
Wizard
kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: SurfacePro, SurfaceBook 2
Welcome to MobileRead, Douglas!

Thank goodness for Daffy, because I know nothing about the Kindle!! Be sure to check out the free ebooks you can download from MR. You might find even more uses for your K2! Enjoy.

Happy Reading!
kazbates is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2009, 09:17 AM   #5
Mark Eutsler
Mark Eutsler began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle for PC
Is there any way to print a page from Kindle for PC?

Thanks.
Mark Eutsler is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-11-2009, 10:09 AM   #6
daffy4u
I'm Super Kindle-icious
daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KDXG, KT, Oasis
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Eutsler View Post
Is there any way to print a page from Kindle for PC?

Thanks.
Not really. You can screen capture and print a Kindle for PC page but it will be an image of the page.
daffy4u is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
download, highlight, msword, print