Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > iRex

Notices

Old 05-06-2008, 03:52 PM   #1
maxfacs
maxfacs began at the beginning.

Device: none
Protective cover VS sleeve

I am now just one step away from buying Iliad. Just final question should I buy additional cover or protective sleeve safe enough to protect screen? I will transport iliad in my backpack and really afraid to kill the screen.
maxfacs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2008, 05:22 PM   #2
daudi
Addict
daudi has learned how to read e-booksdaudi has learned how to read e-booksdaudi has learned how to read e-booksdaudi has learned how to read e-booksdaudi has learned how to read e-booksdaudi has learned how to read e-booksdaudi has learned how to read e-booksdaudi has learned how to read e-books

Device: iRex iLiad, Psion 5MX, nokia n800
It comes with a shoulder bag that is only slightly bigger than the iliad itself. This bag has a protective plate inside it. I keep mine inside this shoulder bag and then put the whole thing in my bag of stuff. I tend not to use the shoulder bag on its own because it looks just a little bit too much like this
daudi is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-06-2008, 05:53 PM   #3
maxfacs
maxfacs began at the beginning.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by daudi View Post
It comes with a shoulder bag that is only slightly bigger than the iliad itself. This bag has a protective plate inside it. I keep mine inside this shoulder bag and then put the whole thing in my bag of stuff. I tend not to use the shoulder bag on its own because it looks just a little bit too much like this
Thanks mate

I will go for it without additional protective cover.
maxfacs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2008, 06:23 PM   #4
junkyardwillie
Addict
junkyardwillie will become famous soon enoughjunkyardwillie will become famous soon enoughjunkyardwillie will become famous soon enoughjunkyardwillie will become famous soon enoughjunkyardwillie will become famous soon enoughjunkyardwillie will become famous soon enough

Device: Onyx Note Pro, Kobo H20 and iPad
You would think for the amount of money you pay for the device they could throw a nice cover in there like the Sony Reader but instead you get a murse (man-purse) which is guaranteed to get you pants where-ever you live, its like buying a Bentley and not getting air conditioning.

I opted out of the extra $70 for a "real" cover and just use the bag they gave minus the murse straps, those I use to fight off evildoers like Indiana Jones during my train ride if anyone gets to close to my reader.
junkyardwillie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2008, 03:25 AM   #5
Gogolo
Addict
Gogolo has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: DR1000S, Nook ST (rooted), Kobo Aura one (ksm)
Pay attention with iLiad in the shoulderbag in a bag... my screen crashed like this. The shoulderbag may not hinder torsion on iLiad...

Gogolo
Gogolo is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-07-2008, 04:50 AM   #6
daudi
Addict
daudi has learned how to read e-booksdaudi has learned how to read e-booksdaudi has learned how to read e-booksdaudi has learned how to read e-booksdaudi has learned how to read e-booksdaudi has learned how to read e-booksdaudi has learned how to read e-booksdaudi has learned how to read e-books

Device: iRex iLiad, Psion 5MX, nokia n800
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gogolo View Post
Pay attention with iLiad in the shoulderbag in a bag... my screen crashed like this. The shoulderbag may not hinder torsion on iLiad...

Gogolo
Good point. I have one of those "messenger bags" with several pockets, including a nice big one that is large enough for the iliad in its protective case that keeps it upright and largely prevents it from being twisted.
daudi is offline   Reply With Quote