Notices

Old 11-06-2007, 04:42 PM   #1
tcmoon
Connoisseur
tcmoon is on a distinguished road

Device: slate pc
mobipocket trouble

JSWOLF,
I have checked and the pid is there, the downloaded book does open on the desktop and works fine. I checked the system clock on the computer and all is well. Also I can open the book on my slate pc as well. Cybook does open non protected mobipocket books. Anyother suggestions?

Thanks for your help,
Tom
tcmoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2007, 05:42 PM   #2
delphidb96
Wizard
delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: TWO Kindle 2s, one each Bookeen Cybook Gen3, Sony PRS-500, Axim X51V
Quote:
Originally Posted by tcmoon View Post
JSWOLF,
I have checked and the pid is there, the downloaded book does open on the desktop and works fine. I checked the system clock on the computer and all is well. Also I can open the book on my slate pc as well. Cybook does open non protected mobipocket books. Anyother suggestions?

Thanks for your help,
Tom
Did you re-register the Cybook's PID with Mobipocket (or Fictionwise)? Because if you haven't, you'll have problems. You may have to re-download the ebook if you've not done this step.

Derek
delphidb96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-06-2007, 07:03 PM   #3
tcmoon
Connoisseur

it comes from www.cpl.org ebook section, it is an online library. pid is not the problem because it says not active yet when I select it from the cybook library. I wonder if they can send me the program so I can reinstall on the cybook. mobipocket desktop doesnt recognize it as a reading device.

Tom
Old 11-07-2007, 12:39 AM   #4
delphidb96
Wizard
delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
it comes from www.cpl.org ebook section, it is an online library. pid is not the problem because it says not active yet when I select it from the cybook library. I wonder if they can send me the program so I can reinstall on the cybook. mobipocket desktop doesnt recognize it as a reading device.

Tom
Okay,

You need to download Mobipocket Reader 6.1 from the beta-test page - yes, I know it's 'alpha' but it works *FINE* on my WinXP machine.

Derek
Old 11-07-2007, 04:06 AM   #5
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:

Tom
The fact that the book is not "active" would seem to suggest that the book has NOT been re-downloaded for the PID of the Gen3. To clarify, having added the Gen3's MobiPocket PID to the site from where you bought the book, you must redownload the book from that site. I've done this for the Mobi books I've bought from Fictionwise, and they work fine on my Gen3.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-07-2007, 05:55 AM   #6
julia
Connoisseur
julia began at the beginning.

Device: prs-505, kindle2, nook glow
mobipocket pid problem

hi,
just received my cybook.
downloaded the mobipocket software.
it recognised the cybook. but trying to send several books from different bookstores i need a pid. can't find it anywhere.

can someone help me out here.
thanks.
julia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2007, 06:07 AM   #7
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by julia View Post
hi,
just received my cybook.
downloaded the mobipocket software.
it recognised the cybook. but trying to send several books from different bookstores i need a pid. can't find it anywhere.

can someone help me out here.
thanks.
See the following thread on how to find the PID.

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=15865
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2007, 08:46 AM   #8
tcmoon
Connoisseur

I have re-downloaded the book many times & it doesnt work, the books work on a slate pc and a desktop. they both run the new 6.1 mobipocket with cybook support. Neither pc recognizes the cybook as a reading device. I wonder if Bookeen can send the software by email so I can reinstall?
Old 11-07-2007, 09:10 AM   #9
CChris
CChris once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.CChris once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.CChris once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.CChris once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.CChris once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.CChris once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.CChris once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.CChris once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.CChris once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.CChris once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.CChris once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: Simpad, HTC P4350, Cybook Gen3
Same Problem

Hi!

My XP Computer recognises the cybook, but Mobipocket Readers doesn't.
I already ugraded to the 6.1 version, still no success...
Found this already in another forum, but can't find it again today (different computer...)
Will try later with another computer (clean install of Mobipocket Reader).

Doesn't bother me much right now, nearly everthing else works fine.
Had to reformat one of my Micro-SD cards to get it to work.

Chris
CChris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2007, 09:14 AM   #10
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
I have re-downloaded the book many times & it doesnt work, the books work on a slate pc and a desktop. they both run the new 6.1 mobipocket with cybook support. Neither pc recognizes the cybook as a reading device. I wonder if Bookeen can send the software by email so I can reinstall?
Does the book work on your Gen3 if you copy it via USB? If it doesn't, that means that it has not been encoded with the MobiPocket PID of your Gen3.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2007, 10:15 AM   #11
CChris
CChris once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.CChris once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.CChris once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.CChris once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.CChris once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.CChris once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.CChris once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.CChris once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.CChris once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.CChris once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.CChris once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: Simpad, HTC P4350, Cybook Gen3
Hi!

Mobipocket 6.01 kind of works with a clean install;

But:
- It doesn't recognise the cybook as a reading device, only as a card reader...
But it hat access to the device, not the card...

- It is extremley slow, and crashed twice

I'm going to mail this to bookeen as well, with some other details; lets see, what comes around...

Chris

P.S: Linus recognized it once, an nevermore as an USB Device?!
CChris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2007, 10:21 AM   #12
delphidb96
Wizard

Quote:
Besides registering the PID of your Cybook with Mobipocket (and Fictionwise if you're buying your Mobi ebooks from there), have you actually clicked on 'Reading Devices' under MR6.1 and thence on the 'Install New Device' button along the center of the menu bar on the new page? 'Cause if you haven't, your copy of MR6.1 ain't gonna recognize the Cybook. You have to treat the Cybook the same as if you were adding a new PDA to the list on your PC.

And even then, you may well (should) have to re-download the ebook from the site where you purchased it.

Derek
Old 11-07-2007, 10:26 AM   #13
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Don't forget PaperBackDigital and BooksOnBoard. Both cheaper then Mobipocket and Fictionwise.
Old 11-07-2007, 10:32 AM   #14
delphidb96
Wizard

Under Windoze, the process for getting MR6.x to accept the Cybook as a Reading Device is:

Install very *LATEST* version of Mobipocket Reader 6.1. ((I have version 6.1, Build 585 and all this works)

Determine Cybook's PID from the "About" dialog box.

At both Fictionwise and Mobipocket, register the Cybook's PID. Each site has instructions on how to do this and I'm sure the process is explained at any other e-store selling secure Mobipocket ebooks.

Once the Cybook's PID has been registered at the e-store you use, re-download the ebooks in question.

Plug in the Cybook to your system. (Turned on, of course)

Bring up MR6.1.

Click on Reading Devices.

When the page comes up (you'll see graphical representations of all the registered devices - including your PC), find the "Install new device" button in the middle of the menu (probably black) bar and click on the button.

Once clicked, a short menu should appear just below the button, with one (possibly the only one) option being "Other devices". Click on that. MR6.1 should find the Cybook and 'register' it on your system.

From there, you should be able to move and manipulate the Mobi ebooks on your Cybook with Mobipocket Reader the same way you would with a registered PDA.

Derek
Old 11-07-2007, 10:35 AM   #15
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon

The process should be as simple as going to the site, plugging in the Gen3's PID and then downloading the book. Then using the Gen3 as a mass storage device, copy the downloaded book to the proper directory on the Gen3, You should not need Mobipocket desktop as there isn't such for Linux or OS X. That and HarryT has already done it without Mobipocket Desktop.