Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Barnes & Noble NOOK > Nook Color & Nook Tablet

Notices

Old 08-11-2013, 09:08 PM   #1
j.p.s
Grand Sorcerer
j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: pb360
wikipedia non-mobile site on nook hd+

I can not figure out how to get http://en.wikipedia.org/ to display in chrome on my up to date, but otherwise stock nook hd+ instead of http://en.m.wikipedia.org/

Does anyone know whether it is chrome, android, B&N, or wikipedia itself forcing me onto the mobile version of the site?

If it is possible for me to go to the main site on the nook hd+, would somebody please tell me how? 1920x1200 on a 9" screen is plenty big enough to show the main site.

Thanks.
j.p.s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2013, 11:13 PM   #2
livramax
Addict
livramax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.livramax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.livramax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.livramax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.livramax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.livramax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.livramax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.livramax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.livramax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.livramax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.livramax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook ST, Aura HD, Galaxy Note 8, Fire HD10, Galaxy S6 Lite
It's Wikipedia that controls which page-format get returned by default to the browsing device (based on info it gets about the browser/OS types).

You can switch out of this default page-format by clicking on the link labeled "Desktop" at the bottom of Wikipedia landing pages.

Last edited by livramax; 08-12-2013 at 10:03 AM.
livramax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2013, 07:33 AM   #3
Asawi
Gadgetoholic
Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2, Tolino Vision 6
I add the "non-m" addy to my bookmarks (erase it from the address field) and keep "request desktop site checked.
Just doing one doesn't do it for me, but doing both it works perfect.

Last edited by Asawi; 08-13-2013 at 07:40 AM.
Asawi is offline   Reply With Quote