Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Barnes & Noble NOOK > Nook Color & Nook Tablet

Notices

Old 07-05-2013, 07:27 PM   #1
Aijuswhanakno
Aijuswhanakno began at the beginning.

Device: Nook HD+
Nook HD+, OSX 10.8.4, and Calibre

Hello all. I'm new here, and need help! Basically, I can't get Calibre to actually recognize my Nook. My macbook is recognizing the nook just fine, and I can edit files in Calibre and then just drag them over to the nook. However, I would like to be able to actually sync them using Calibre. Is it user error? Or do these systems just not work well together?
Aijuswhanakno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2013, 07:33 PM   #2
Aijuswhanakno

Oh and I should mention I'm using the most recent version of Calibre, 0.9.38
Old 07-06-2013, 08:09 AM   #3
PatNY
Zennist
PatNY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PatNY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PatNY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PatNY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PatNY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PatNY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PatNY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PatNY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PatNY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PatNY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PatNY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPod Touch, Sony PRS-350, Nook HD+ & HD
Calibre Companion can sync your Calibre books to the device. Unfortunately, I don't think there is another automated way to do do that.

You can always simply manually add your books to your micro SD card.

Calibre Companion is not free, but it's really a great app. It will even automatically sync over metadata changes you've made to individual books that are also on your device. For example, if you change the book description and author name of one book in Calibre, the next time you connect to CC it will check the metadata and make sure the books on your device match those in Calibre.

Edit: You might want to try out Calibre Sync in the Play store. Haven't yet used it myself, but it's free and got decent ratings.

--Pat

Last edited by PatNY; 07-06-2013 at 08:50 AM.
PatNY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2013, 03:17 PM   #4
Aijuswhanakno

Thank you. I did end up just buying Calibre Companion. I think it's so weird that Calibre recognizes an older device but not a newer one. Oh well!

Tags
apple, calibre, issues, nook hd+