Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 12-09-2012, 05:56 PM   #61
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Moto E6, Echo Show
Quote:
Originally Posted by xendula View Post
So jealous of Seattle!! I so want a Seattle card now!
The multiple waiting lists is why I have several as well, and the fact that there are some books only one of the libraries will carry.
You should see the main library in downtown Seattle. It's quite the tourist attraction. Check here for some pics and here for a 20 minute virtual tour.
tubemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 06:44 PM   #62
xendula
eBookworm
xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 4B/K ~ Nexus 7 ~ Kindle Paperwhite 1&2 ~ iPad Air
Wow, that's gorgeous and huge!!!!
I should post a picture of my local RI library for the giggles of it.
xendula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 07:01 PM   #63
kennyc
The Dank Side of the Moon
kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle2; Kindle Fire
Denver Public Library:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Denver_Public_Library

https://www.google.com/search?q=big+...w=1217&bih=826

http://www.panoramio.com/photo/10588655

We also have the Big Blue Bear https://www.google.com/search?q=big+...w=1217&bih=826
(but not at the library )

Last edited by kennyc; 12-09-2012 at 07:04 PM.
kennyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 07:18 PM   #64
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Moto E6, Echo Show
Quote:
Originally Posted by kennyc View Post
We also have the Big Blue Bear https://www.google.com/search?q=big+...w=1217&bih=826
(but not at the library )

We have a troll under a bridge

tubemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 07:23 PM   #65
kennyc
kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Hee-hee!
Old 12-09-2012, 07:26 PM   #66
xendula
eBookworm
xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

It's huge! But then, I guess it does service way more patrons than my little library.
Old 12-09-2012, 07:28 PM   #67
xendula
eBookworm

I lurrrrrve the troll, and had never heard of it before! Why is it squishing a California Beetle?
Old 12-09-2012, 07:51 PM   #68
BearMountainBooks
Maria Schneider
BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 3g Kindle Keyboard
Quote:
Originally Posted by tubemonkey View Post
I never knew about the troll the whole time I lived in Seattle and am very disappointed I never got to visit it. The troll is a special and cool character in Patricia Brigg's Alpha and Omega series. Second book if I recall correctly.
BearMountainBooks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 03:49 AM   #69
medard
Wizard
medard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.medard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.medard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.medard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.medard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.medard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.medard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.medard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.medard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.medard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.medard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Electronic Paper
Quote:
Originally Posted by xendula View Post
So jealous of Seattle!! I so want a Seattle card now!
I know. Once you start looking at this, you want them all. I was really into Tubemonkey's "CleveNet" thing, too, after I found out that it's from Ohio. At least for me, Ohio and Texas are quite similar..

Brooklyn might be a bit boring, but we have the coolest door:

Spoiler:

Brooklyn is OK..
medard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 06:35 AM   #70
kennyc

Quote:
Originally Posted by medard View Post
..... Ohio and Texas are quite similar.. ....

Quote:
Brooklyn might be a bit boring, but we have the coolest door:

Spoiler:

WOW! That is the best door!

and since you mention Brooklyn and this thread is about Amazon Prime....
thanks to my Amazon Prime membership I've been watching 'American Experience New York season 1' - http://www.amazon.com/New-York-Count...ience+new+york

free of course. What an excellent series!
Old 12-10-2012, 09:07 AM   #71
xendula
eBookworm

Very cool door, indeed!
Old 12-10-2012, 12:08 PM   #72
sadievan
Wizard
sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 2, iPhone, Kindle Fire HD 6
Quote:
Thanks a lot, xendula. I'll have a look now.

Austin, Brooklyn, or Philadelphia.. Difficult..
If you are over 65 the Philadelphia card is free.
sadievan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 12:14 PM   #73
nynaevelan
eBook Junkie
nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Fire 2020, Kindle PW2
I am able to get the Philadelphia library card for free though I think I am going to also sign up for a Brooklyn card.
nynaevelan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 02:35 PM   #74
Lutraa
Well Read
Lutraa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lutraa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lutraa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lutraa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lutraa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lutraa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lutraa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lutraa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lutraa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lutraa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lutraa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KK 3G, K4B, Nook HD+, Galaxy S3
Quote:
One added benefit for Prime Members just started in the last 10 days is free ONE DAY delivery on all purchases. I purchased two items and received them the NEXT DAY. I don't believe Amazon has announced this yet.
That is, free ONE DAY delivery on all purchases for Prime members except those living in Alaska and Hawaii. We merely get free standard shipping -- not even free TWO DAY, yet we pay the same annual Prime membership fees as residents of the Lower 48. I can see why Amazon doesn't want to subsidize shipping costs to AK (although USPS costs to AK and HI are no higher than between the two coasts in the L 48), but I don't see why I don't get a commensurate Prime membership discount. That means we are subsidizing the rest of you, who are getting free one or two day shipping on everything for the same annual fee.
Lutraa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 03:37 PM   #75
kennyc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lutraa View Post
That is, free ONE DAY delivery on all purchases for Prime members except those living in Alaska and Hawaii. We merely get free standard shipping -- not even free TWO DAY, yet we pay the same annual Prime membership fees as residents of the Lower 48. I can see why Amazon doesn't want to subsidize shipping costs to AK (although USPS costs to AK and HI are no higher than between the two coasts in the L 48), but I don't see why I don't get a commensurate Prime membership discount. That means we are subsidizing the rest of you, who are getting free one or two day shipping on everything for the same annual fee.
Yep, I occasionally ship to my son in AK and have to pay the shipping charges.