Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 10-13-2006, 09:46 AM   #1
Mohit25
Mohit25 began at the beginning.

Device: Sony Reader
Unhappy Problems with the reader memory

Hi,

I just opened my reader and found that a couple of books I'd saved had gone off from the Internal memory - all my bookmarks too had been erased and all the books I'd been reading had been reset to Page 1 !!

Anyone else faced this problem ?
Mohit25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2006, 10:53 AM   #2
Leaping Gnome
Evangelist
Leaping Gnome once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Leaping Gnome once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Leaping Gnome once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Leaping Gnome once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Leaping Gnome once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Leaping Gnome once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Leaping Gnome once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Leaping Gnome once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Leaping Gnome once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Leaping Gnome once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Leaping Gnome once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: Sony Reader PRS-500
Hmm, was your battery run all the way down?
Leaping Gnome is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-13-2006, 11:18 AM   #3
Mohit25

The battery may be low but I havent charged the device partly to see how long it would go without juice and partly because the battery meter keeps fluctuating anyway (from 1 to 3 bars)
Old 10-13-2006, 11:55 AM   #4
NatCh
Gizmologist
NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Touch HD3
From 1 to 3 blocks? Yikes!

Did you do an initial charge when you got it? Sometimes those power meter circuits need to 'learn' what fully charged really means before they can track it properly....
NatCh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2006, 12:06 PM   #5
Mohit25

Yeah - I'd charged it fully the first time around. It goes down to 1-2 bars when I'm reading - when I switch it back again, its back up to 3.

In the interim, the loss of my books, bookmarks etc still boggles me -
Advert
Old 10-13-2006, 12:40 PM   #6
NatCh
Gizmologist
NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Touch HD3
You may want to call their support line, that doesn't sound right to me. Perhaps it's something that'll sort itself out, but I'd want to check on it.
NatCh is offline   Reply With Quote