Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 12-11-2014, 01:34 AM   #76
eschwartz
Ex-Helpdesk Junkie
eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Beaten Path, USA, Roundworld, This Side of Infinity
Device: Kindle Touch fw5.3.7 (Wifi only)
I need a copy of them, 'tis a pity it's an omnibus...

Still, might be worth it to setup the hassle of buying in Canada...

Thanks for spotting this must-read!
Old 12-11-2014, 01:39 AM   #77
ATDrake
Wizzard
ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2 International, Sony PRS-T1, BlackBerry PlayBook, Acer Iconia
^

The singles cost $9.99 CAD each and you can steal their covers if you split the omnibus up.

Anecdotally, Kobo seems to care the least* about where you're buying from, these days.

* It used to be that even with your account address set, you had to have a matching IP even to see what was available in your desired region, but apparently at some point they said "eh, screw it", and decided not to bother any more.

Last edited by ATDrake; 12-11-2014 at 02:04 AM. Reason: Typo.
Advert
Old 12-11-2014, 02:00 AM   #78
eschwartz
Ex-Helpdesk Junkie
eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Beaten Path, USA, Roundworld, This Side of Infinity
Device: Kindle Touch fw5.3.7 (Wifi only)
I will have to think about it. In the morning.

Thanks for the tip.
Old 12-11-2014, 02:51 AM   #79
peachiekene
Fanatic
peachiekene ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peachiekene ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peachiekene ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peachiekene ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peachiekene ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peachiekene ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peachiekene ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peachiekene ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peachiekene ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peachiekene ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peachiekene ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo aura one, htc 10, kobo glo hd
I've never purchased from another country before (free - yes, paid - no), but damn, that's super, super tempting.... I may need to take a quick trip up north.
Old 12-11-2014, 06:51 AM   #80
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
I confess I made a quick trip to visit my son, who's in Canada for a bit. Luckily my credit balance transferred over and back OK, so it was really simple. I've been intending to get some more of her books when they came up on offer.
Advert
Old 12-11-2014, 01:10 PM   #81
sakura-panda
Guru
sakura-panda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sakura-panda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sakura-panda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sakura-panda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sakura-panda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sakura-panda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sakura-panda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sakura-panda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sakura-panda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sakura-panda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sakura-panda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 2017 10.5" iPad Pro (Kobo, NOOK, Kindle, Google Play Books & Scribd)
Quote:
Originally Posted by peachiekene View Post
Sorry for such a delay. I haven't read them myself, but looking at the first ebook version, it doesn't look like they are illustrated outside of the chapter announcements. Basically a standard ebook. Then again, if they offer two different versions (tablet or eink) you could just pick whichever you think she would prefer.

My daughter loves this series (at least the first two) so she's getting the third and the short story collection for Christmas (Debating on getting her the first in paper - she's made it very well known that she prefers the hardcovers over eink.)

Thanks! I ended up not getting them because she has the first two in the series in hardcover and hasn't read them yet; I guess they were a bit beyond her reading level when we got them and she hasn't gone back to them. I'm going to wait before I buy any more.
Old 12-19-2014, 04:45 AM   #82
septentrion
Addict
septentrion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.septentrion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.septentrion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.septentrion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.septentrion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.septentrion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.septentrion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.septentrion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.septentrion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.septentrion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.septentrion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 2014, Kindle Voyage and Kindle Oasis 2
Silver Shadows, 5th book in the Bloodlines series by Richelle Mead, is 2.99$ at amazon: http://www.amazon.com/Silver-Shadows.../dp/B00GY9SJKE
Old 12-19-2014, 03:29 PM   #83
ATDrake
Wizzard
ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Free from the author via KDP Select @ Amazon:

The Powerhouse by "Ann Halam", YA pseudonym of multiple award-winning British sf/fantasy author Gwyneth Jones (ISFDB, Wikipedia), 4th in her Ghosts and Other Hauntings series of YA sfnal/supernatural adventure thrillers, this one a horror-ish haunted building installment originally out from Orion Children's Books in 1997.

Robs Hayward, a talented young pianist, is thrilled when she's recruited by Maddy Turner and Darryl (Jef) Jeffries, to join an experimental techno band. She's fourteen and a shy loner, Maddy and Jef are sixteen and super-cool. When their rehearsal space at school becomes a new car park, it's Robs who suggests they could use a mysterious, derelict old industrial building in the Wild Park. She doesn't tell them, she'd feel so stupid, that she's afraid it might be haunted. Everything works out okay, though The Powerhouse is being repurposed by the town Council, and they have to share it with a rather eccentric Artist in Residence . . .

Until Maddy, the bright flame, gets obsessed with an ancient murder mystery. Robs is certain that a seance would be a really, really bad idea. She doesn't think the thing she keeps seeing, out of the corner of her eye, is the sad ghost of a sweet hippie wild child. Maddy is determined to clear the name of an innocent man, but Robs has a horrible feeling there'll be hell to pay . . .
Old 12-19-2014, 04:52 PM   #84
ATDrake
Wizzard

Bargain @ 99 cents for today only (Dec 19th) from Open Road Media's Kids Can Press imprint (couponable @ Kobo but the sale edition there isn't the Read Along enhanced one, price good in the standard Canada & US stores, may or may not be discounted in other regions, etc.):

Franklin's Christmas Gift by Paulette Bourgeois & Brenda Clarke, a festive installment in their popular children's picture book series starring the eponymous turtle (Wikipedia). This is available in a read-along edition narrated by the author with music & sound effects @ iTunes & Google Play (who also have a standard edition at the same price which doesn't require owning an Android Tablet to read it on), the B&N version is a Nook Kids Read To Me (no idea if it has the special author narration), and the Amazon & Kobo versions are plain ones (the Kobo Read Along one is not on sale).

In this Franklin Classic Storybook, Franklin can’t decide what to donate to his school’s Christmas toy drive. At first, all of his toys seem too special to give away, then nothing seems special enough. With some inspiration from his Great Aunt Harriet, Franklin finally comes up with the perfect gift.

This ebook features read-along narration by the author as well as music and sound effects.
<-- only applies to iTunes & Google Play Android editions
Old 12-23-2014, 12:39 PM   #85
Critteranne
Guru
Critteranne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Critteranne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Critteranne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Critteranne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Critteranne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Critteranne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Critteranne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Critteranne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Critteranne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Critteranne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Critteranne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle, iPad
Book One of The Iron Trial by Holly Black and Cassandra Clare is just $2.99! And it's still in hardback.

This is categorized as "upper middle grade," so it can be considered "young adult" as well. I have the hardback (because some stores had signed copies), but I'm considering getting the eBook anyway. And I want Book Two to come out soon. (I'm reallly interested in what happens to the MC next because of what he learned at the end of Book One..)
Old 12-23-2014, 04:57 PM   #86
wawasteele
Addict
wawasteele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wawasteele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wawasteele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wawasteele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wawasteele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wawasteele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wawasteele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wawasteele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wawasteele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wawasteele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wawasteele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 1st PW, Sansa Clip Zip, Samsungs: GT 7.0 Plus, Note4, GT 4 10.1"
This list of free Christmas books appeared on my Facebook feed. I think there were affiliate tags so I'm just listing the name of the books with their direct URLs. Sorry but I don't have time for descriptions.

[All your links have affiliate tags - MODERATOR]

Last edited by Dr. Drib; 12-29-2014 at 04:42 PM.
Old 12-29-2014, 03:53 PM   #87
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Moto E6, Echo Show
25 Kids' Books, $1 each
  • Ages 3-5 --> 5 titles
  • Ages 6-8 --> 13 titles
  • Ages 9-12 --> 7 titles
Old 12-30-2014, 02:45 PM   #88
wawasteele
Addict
wawasteele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wawasteele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wawasteele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wawasteele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wawasteele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wawasteele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wawasteele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wawasteele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wawasteele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wawasteele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wawasteele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 1st PW, Sansa Clip Zip, Samsungs: GT 7.0 Plus, Note4, GT 4 10.1"
Quote:
Originally Posted by wawasteele View Post
This list of free Christmas books appeared on my Facebook feed. I think there were affiliate tags so I'm just listing the name of the books with their direct URLs. Sorry but I don't have time for descriptions.

[All your links have affiliate tags - MODERATOR]
Well, blast! I guessed the original link might have tags, that's why I listed the books individually. I guess I don't understand how tags work. I do apologize. I will try and do some research on them.
Old 01-01-2015, 02:02 AM   #89
gabby98
Wizard
gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Android, Nook Simple Touch, Nook Color, ..., Glo
started a new thread for 2015
Old 01-01-2015, 03:41 AM   #90
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by gabby98 View Post
started a new thread for 2015
Thread closed.
Closed Thread