Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 02-12-2013, 05:49 PM   #1141
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Your taking things personally again.

The "one experienced member" was not you - was the person who melted the series resistors off of his PaperWhite pc board.
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 09:18 PM   #1142
geekmaster
Carpe diem, c'est la vie.
geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K1 to PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by knc1 View Post
Your taking things personally again.

The "one experienced member" was not you - was the person who melted the series resistors off of his PaperWhite pc board.
I lost the resistors on my K4 back when they first came out. I posted about that here. I thought your reference was to my posts, so of course I took it as a reference to my personal experience (not being aware that somebody else did the same thing to a later model). Mine were JERKED off rather than melted off though, but the melting and kindle model were not mentioned in your "experienced member" reference.
geekmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-15-2013, 03:07 PM   #1143
ivakuska
Enthusiast
ivakuska knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'ivakuska knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'ivakuska knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'ivakuska knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'ivakuska knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'ivakuska knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'ivakuska knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'ivakuska knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'ivakuska knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'ivakuska knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'ivakuska knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'

Device: Kindle Touch software Version 5.1.2
Good day. Did someone that video tutorial .. Thx

Or, maybe someone can give me a "help-hand" to put DUOKAN on my Kindle Touch version 5.3.2

Thx

Last edited by ivakuska; 02-16-2013 at 05:55 PM.
ivakuska is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 09:43 PM   #1144
bonjurkes
Enthusiast
bonjurkes can read faster than his screen refreshesbonjurkes can read faster than his screen refreshesbonjurkes can read faster than his screen refreshesbonjurkes can read faster than his screen refreshesbonjurkes can read faster than his screen refreshesbonjurkes can read faster than his screen refreshesbonjurkes can read faster than his screen refreshesbonjurkes can read faster than his screen refreshesbonjurkes can read faster than his screen refreshesbonjurkes can read faster than his screen refreshesbonjurkes can read faster than his screen refreshes

Device: Kİndle Touch v5.3.2
I can set bootmode to "fastboot" via imx usb loader with gui, but whenever I use fastboot command it says "waiting for device". Anyone have an idea about the cause?

libusb-1.0 and libusb-dev and libusb-1.0-dev is installed. The device is in fastboot mode (blank screen) and connected to computer and looks plugged in at virtualbox. I am using fastboot special for kindle

Is there any missing package or am I doing something wrong

Last edited by bonjurkes; 02-16-2013 at 09:46 PM.
bonjurkes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 09:50 PM   #1145
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bonjurkes View Post
I can set bootmode to "fastboot" via imx usb loader with gui, but whenever I use fastboot command it says "waiting for device". Anyone have an idea about the cause?

libusb-1.0 and libusb-dev and libusb-1.0-dev is installed. The device is in fastboot mode (blank screen) and connected to computer and looks plugged in at virtualbox. I am using fastboot special for kindle

Is there any missing package or am I doing something wrong
What operating system is this?
If Linux - try: sudo fastboot ....
Advert
Old 02-16-2013, 09:55 PM   #1146
bonjurkes
Enthusiast
bonjurkes can read faster than his screen refreshesbonjurkes can read faster than his screen refreshesbonjurkes can read faster than his screen refreshesbonjurkes can read faster than his screen refreshesbonjurkes can read faster than his screen refreshesbonjurkes can read faster than his screen refreshesbonjurkes can read faster than his screen refreshesbonjurkes can read faster than his screen refreshesbonjurkes can read faster than his screen refreshesbonjurkes can read faster than his screen refreshesbonjurkes can read faster than his screen refreshes

sorry for not being clear. I try

sudo ./fastboot getvar bootmode then it says "waiting for device"

I am using this fastboot : https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=174923

and this is the imx usb loader : https://github.com/aditya3098/imx_usb_loader

Looks like device is going to fastboot mode without a problem because of the output text.

Is there a command detail that I am missing, or something else?

I am using linux mint 14 ,32 bit, on virtualbox
Old 02-16-2013, 10:15 PM   #1147
twobob
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°){ʇlnɐɟ ƃǝs}Týr
twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: uti gratia usura (Yao ying da ying; Mo ying da yieng)
Device: PW-WIFI|K5-3G+WIFI| K4|K3-3G|DXG|K2| Rooted Nook Touch
what does lsusb

or dmesg | grep usb say after you connect the device initially?

is it even being detected?
twobob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 10:25 PM   #1148
bonjurkes
Enthusiast

lsusb
Quote:
Bus 001 Device 002: ID 80ee:0021 VirtualBox USB Tablet
Bus 001 Device 004: ID 15a2:0052 Freescale Semiconductor, Inc. i.MX50 SystemOnChip in RecoveryMode
Bus 001 Device 001: ID 1d6b:0001 Linux Foundation 1.1 root hub
and

dmesg | grep usb

Quote:
[ 139.680384] usb 1-2: >new full-speed USB device number 4 using ohci_hcd
[ 139.875793] usb 1-2: >New USB device found, idVendor=15a2, idProduct=0052
[ 139.875799] usb 1-2: >New USB device strings: Mfr=1, Product=2, SerialNumber=0
[ 139.875802] usb 1-2: >Product: NS Blank CODEX
[ 139.875805] usb 1-2: >Manufacturer: Freescale SemiConductor Inc
I am using that magic button thing to go into fastboot (blank screen) after that connect to windows, then via virtualbox I choose usb device for it to be plugged in to linux.

edit: I just need to install diag and other stuff to jb my kindle touch :/
Old 02-17-2013, 04:50 AM   #1149
ivakuska
Enthusiast
ivakuska knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'ivakuska knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'ivakuska knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'ivakuska knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'ivakuska knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'ivakuska knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'ivakuska knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'ivakuska knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'ivakuska knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'ivakuska knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'ivakuska knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'

Can somebody help me PLEASE>... I need very much to fix my kindle..

Thx
Old 02-17-2013, 08:50 AM   #1150
ixtab
(offline)
ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, K4, K5, KPW, KPW2
Quote:
Originally Posted by ivakuska View Post
Can somebody help me PLEASE>... I need very much to fix my kindle..

Thx
Try this.
ixtab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 09:58 AM   #1151
twobob
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°){ʇlnɐɟ ƃǝs}Týr
twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: uti gratia usura (Yao ying da ying; Mo ying da yieng)
Device: PW-WIFI|K5-3G+WIFI| K4|K3-3G|DXG|K2| Rooted Nook Touch
Timely
twobob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 01:35 PM   #1152
ivakuska
Enthusiast

Can I use some program to make Live USB?

THX

Last edited by ivakuska; 02-17-2013 at 01:58 PM.
Old 02-17-2013, 02:00 PM   #1153
knc1
Going Viral

Quote:
Which steps should I follow? Steps from the begin of the threat?

THANK you.. .. I will try to burn on USB LIVE... What is your opinion ?

I found one program with who I can create the live USB .." LinuxLive USB Creator". Can I use them, this program will affect that linux OS ?

THX
You don't need to create one - ixtab did that.
  • Download his attachement
  • Uncompress it
  • Us whatever CD rom burner program you have to burn it
  • Then "Boot from CD" to run it - yes, it is a Linux OS

Note: You may have to change your machine's BIOS settings to make "Boot from CD" the first boot choice.
Old 02-17-2013, 02:18 PM   #1154
ixtab
(offline)
ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, K4, K5, KPW, KPW2
Quote:
Can I use some program to make Live USB?

THX
If at all possible, use the Live ***CD***.
That is, if you have a computer with a CD or DVD drive, burn the .iso to a CD. Then boot from that CD.

If, and only if, this is absolutely impossible for you (the only good reason would be that your computer doesn't have a CD or DVD drive), then yes, it is possible to create a Live USB stick. Unfortunately, this is far more complicated than burning a CD. It's neither easy nor intuitive for newbies, and most of all, it's potentially dangerous, because you could wreck your USB stick, or, if you're doing things really wrong, your entire computer.

I'm not kidding. If I knew of an easier way to create a Live USB stick, I would have documented it. See the notes in the "spoiler" of the kubrick post. Until then, the only thing that I can do is to strongly discourage inexperienced users from trying to do it.
ixtab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 02:58 PM   #1155
ivakuska
Enthusiast

OK. Now I'm starting to debrick my kindle.. Wish me luck ..

BRB

Tags
debricking