Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Barnes & Noble NOOK

Notices

Old 02-15-2011, 01:06 AM   #1
dianepsmith
dianepsmith began at the beginning.

Device: Nook
emails

Hi all,
I purchased my Nook Color last week and so far I'm delighted with it, except for one problem which I hope I can get help with here. My email server is Bell, when I try to send a email using my Nook from the Bell site I unable to type in the message box. Has anyone else had this problem? I don't have this problemfrom my Gmail account.
dianepsmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2011, 01:38 PM   #2
leday
Groupie
leday has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.leday has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.leday has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.leday has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.leday has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Sony PRS-700, Nook Color
I had somewhat of this problem with sending emails from my comcast server website. I found that if I used the "mobile version" of the comcast site (the one which works with mobile devices, like smartphones) then I could send and read emails just fine. See if Bell has a "mobile" site.
leday is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-16-2011, 02:22 PM   #3
geertm
Guru
geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura One
Quote:
Originally Posted by dianepsmith View Post
Hi all,
I purchased my Nook Color last week and so far I'm delighted with it, except for one problem which I hope I can get help with here. My email server is Bell, when I try to send a email using my Nook from the Bell site I unable to type in the message box. Has anyone else had this problem? I don't have this problemfrom my Gmail account.
Since software update 1.0.1 you can in the browser settings choose between desktop or mobile browser (desktop is the default).
If you choose mobile as your default setting, you should get the mobile versions of websites automatically.
geertm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2011, 12:32 AM   #4
dianepsmith

Browser

Where do I find the browser settings?
Old 02-18-2011, 01:11 AM   #5
dianepsmith

Woohoo, thanks so much, I changed the settings (finally figured out where to do it) and the problems is fixed.
Advert