Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 11-25-2010, 09:17 AM   #1
max99
Addict
max99 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.max99 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.max99 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.max99 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.max99 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.max99 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.max99 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.max99 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.max99 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.max99 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.max99 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle DXG, PW
Kindle DX Graphite - can i increase sleep timer?

love my Kindle DX graphite but utterly frustrated by the sleep mode which kicks in after 10 mins.

I use the Kindle for reading music at the piano so you can imagine how frustrating it is having to flick the power button every 10 mins.

is there some way to extend the sleep activation time or maybe just make the Kindle display the last page i was on during sleep?

my software version is 2.5.5

thanks
max99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2010, 09:20 AM   #2
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: A K1, Kindle Paperwhite, an Ipod, IPad2, Iphone, an Ipad Mini & macAir
Welcome to MobileRead, max99

I don't think its possible, but if it is, someone will chime in soon.

Consider using the "introduce yourself" link below to start a new thread and joining us. There is much to do and see here!
desertgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-25-2010, 10:25 AM   #3
troyme
Enthusiast
troyme began at the beginning.

Device: kindle dx US
with kindle dx ,your can change the t1_timeout: 1200 line in the file /etc/powerd.conf ,
increase 1200 to 3600 or something.
I don't know whether dxg have the same config file.
troyme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2010, 11:45 AM   #4
max99
Addict
max99 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.max99 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.max99 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.max99 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.max99 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.max99 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.max99 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.max99 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.max99 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.max99 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.max99 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

thanks troyme,

can you tell me roughly how i can access and edit this file on my kindle dxg?

also will it give me problems for software updates if a modify this?

thanks
Old 11-25-2010, 01:07 PM   #5
KRorschachZ
Update
KRorschachZ doesn't litterKRorschachZ doesn't litterKRorschachZ doesn't litter

Device: kindle DX graphite, we need update/firmware with optios PDF Kindle 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by max99 View Post
love my Kindle DX graphite but utterly frustrated by the sleep mode which kicks in after 10 mins.

I use the Kindle for reading music at the piano so you can imagine how frustrating it is having to flick the power button every 10 mins.

is there some way to extend the sleep activation time or maybe just make the Kindle display the last page i was on during sleep?

my software version is 2.5.5

thanks
go, that's funny, I had never thought ... I advise you to send an email to amazon and explain the problem, you may take this into account, the usage is very interesting ...

Last edited by KRorschachZ; 11-25-2010 at 01:12 PM.
KRorschachZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-25-2010, 01:11 PM   #6
KRorschachZ
Update
KRorschachZ doesn't litterKRorschachZ doesn't litterKRorschachZ doesn't litter

Device: kindle DX graphite, we need update/firmware with optios PDF Kindle 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by KRorschachZ View Post
go, that's funny, I had never thought ... I advise you to send an email to amazon and explain the problem, you may take this into account, the usage is very interesting ...
I have an old guitar and well, I was interested in this idea, in fact, perhaps by activating the Audiotex with the volume set to zero, uhmm, I do not think that even so also goes into sleep mode.

and connected to the usb perhaps?

Well, a healthy

PS: in fact, should be provided in time for the advanced page alone
KRorschachZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2010, 01:25 PM   #7
max99
Addict

looks like i can't access that file on the Kindle DXG

even with show hidden files on there is no such directory or file on my kindle. there's a system folder that only has one editable file that seems to store info on the last book you read.

any other help from anyone on this would be great i'd be happy with just doubling the sleep activation time.
Old 11-25-2010, 01:55 PM   #8
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
@max99: The sstimeout hack will do that, but (my version) is currently unavailable until I find time to properly implement safe FW 3.x support.
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2010, 02:20 PM   #9
max99
Addict

hi NiLuJe,

thanks for that.

one question: if i install this hack will it cripple my Kindle from receiving future firmware updates from Amazon?
Old 11-25-2010, 09:18 PM   #10
troyme
Enthusiast
troyme began at the beginning.

Device: kindle dx US
Because the /etc/powerd.conf located in the system storage partition, not the user storage partition, so you need usbnetwork hack to login to your dxg to modify the file. Or you can just simply use NiLuJe's hack after it release.
troyme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2010, 08:08 AM   #11
max99
Addict

thanks for that,

can anyone confirm whether or not changing the config file will stop me receiving future firmware updates?

Last edited by max99; 11-26-2010 at 08:26 AM.
Old 12-01-2010, 04:43 AM   #12
cc200
cc200 began at the beginning.

Device: kindle3
try the debug commands as below:
Quote:
;debugOn
~help
maybe you can find some funny things.
cc200 is offline   Reply With Quote