Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 09-21-2010, 07:57 PM   #1
eosrose
Enthusiast
eosrose began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Forma
Red face Features I really would like to see...

I often download ebooks in bulk and add them to collections later. Ideally, I would like to add them to collections right after I've read them--from the device itself rather than by editing collections on my computer. That way I can easy move books from my "To-Read" list to my "Have-Read" list and add relevant genres, etc., so that I can find the story again later (I can't remember titles for the life of me). Gosh, a feature like that would make life so much easier!

Also, it would be great if it were possible to filter stories by more than one collection. For example, I could ask for all stories in the "Fantasy" genre that are on my "For a Rainy Day" list. Glory!

Finally, I'm absolutely terrible at deciphering the pronunciation guides used by dictionaries. Would it really be that hard to embed sound clips into the dictionary? That's what I love about online dictionaries. Usually when I look something up it's because I want to know how to pronounce it anyway.

I don't know much about the new Sony readers. Any chance that features like these might exist? What features would you guys love to see in the future?
eosrose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2010, 08:40 PM   #2
igorsk
Wizard
igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-500/505/700, Kindle, Cybook Gen3, Words Gear
You can manage collections on the device in the new Readers.
igorsk is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-21-2010, 10:41 PM   #3
eosrose
Enthusiast
eosrose began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Forma
Quote:
You can manage collections on the device in the new Readers.
Fabulous!
eosrose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2010, 10:26 AM   #4
Pinecone
Guru
Pinecone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pinecone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pinecone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pinecone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pinecone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pinecone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pinecone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pinecone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pinecone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pinecone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pinecone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-650, PRS-600, PRS-350
And using Calibre can allow you to put various books in mulitple collection, based on tags.

What I wold really like is sub-collections. So I could do a collection of an author, and under that author, I could make sub-collections of each of the series that author writes.
Pinecone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2010, 12:42 PM   #5
kartu
PRS+ author
kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-300, 505, 600, 650, 950
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinecone View Post
What I wold really like is sub-collections. So I could do a collection of an author, and under that author, I could make sub-collections of each of the series that author writes.
I'd say this is called "folders" and you can expect to have it on prs 600 in a couple of weeks (PRS+).

Regarding most of the other features mentioned, it's doable, but rather not worth the effort.
kartu is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-01-2010, 05:36 AM   #6
Pinecone
Guru
Pinecone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pinecone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pinecone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pinecone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pinecone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pinecone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pinecone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pinecone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pinecone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pinecone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pinecone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-650, PRS-600, PRS-350
If you are doing custom firmware, add a way to mark a book as Read on the Reader.

With long series, I can't remember where I left off.

And of course, a way to unmark them (like when you finish the series).
Pinecone is offline   Reply With Quote