Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > PocketBook

Notices

Old 01-19-2024, 07:56 AM   #1
chrisridd
Guru
chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura, Kobo Aura ONE, Marvin 3
New InkPad Eo coming

https://fccid.io/2AUVWPB1042

It looks like a different physical design - very flat, no physical page turning buttons, and with one wider border - to the current InkPad models.

Judging from the line drawings, it may have a MicroSD card slot and a camera. So maybe a tablet.
chrisridd is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2024, 08:54 AM   #2
Michal Jancik
Sorry for my English
Michal Jancik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michal Jancik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michal Jancik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michal Jancik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michal Jancik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michal Jancik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michal Jancik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michal Jancik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michal Jancik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michal Jancik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michal Jancik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KOBO Libra H2O, Clara HD, Inkpad 3 & Inkpad 4, BOOX Nova Pro
Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisridd View Post
https://fccid.io/2AUVWPB1042

It looks like a different physical design - very flat, no physical page turning buttons, and with one wider border - to the current InkPad models.

Judging from the line drawings, it may have a MicroSD card slot and a camera. So maybe a tablet.
According to the picture, maybe a NOTE type device, without buttons, so I guess the device will work with Android OS + Wacom pen-compatible screen?

https://fccid.io/2AUVWPB1042/Label/I...cation-7040404

Last edited by Michal Jancik; 01-19-2024 at 11:13 AM.
Michal Jancik is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-19-2024, 09:24 AM   #3
cellaris
Addict
cellaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cellaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cellaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cellaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cellaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cellaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cellaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cellaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cellaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cellaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cellaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle, Kobo, PocketBook, Tolino, Bookeen, Onyx Boox, Boyue.
And PB1041 is still pending.
cellaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2024, 12:08 PM   #4
chrisridd
Guru
chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michal Jancik View Post
According to the picture, maybe a NOTE type device, without buttons, so I guess the device will work with Android OS + Wacom pen-compatible screen?

https://fccid.io/2AUVWPB1042/Label/I...cation-7040404
Yes, honestly it reminds me of a Boox device.

Presumably PocketBook will cripple it with Android 4 on an underclocked Z80, but we can but hope
Old 01-19-2024, 12:26 PM   #5
chrisridd
Guru

Assuming that is a Micro SD card tray I measured it as 140px wide, and the screen as 1138px wide by 1520px high.

I reckon a tray is 16mm wide IRL, so that gives us really approximate screen dimensions of 130mm x 174mm aka an 8.5" screen - which I don't think E-Ink make.

So my 16mm guess is probably wrong. Any better ones?
Advert
Old 01-19-2024, 12:29 PM   #6
rantanplan
Fanatic
rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite (2021), Boox Note Air 2+, Kobo Clara 2E, Tolino Vision 6
You're assuming that this is to scale
I'd assume that the screen is 8 inches in size.
rantanplan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2024, 06:49 AM   #7
chrisridd
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by rantanplan View Post
You're assuming that this is to scale
I'd assume that the screen is 8 inches in size.
Indeed. I'm expecting them to base the artwork on at least an engineering drawing but they might not.

I wonder how they're going to position it with the InkPad 4, if the screens are approximately the same size.

Tags
inkpad eo