Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 05-30-2009, 10:36 AM   #1
dovlex@gmail.com
dovlex@gmail.com began at the beginning.

Device: prs-505
Adobe Digital Editions/Mac/Calibre

Is there a way to transfer files from ADE to Sony-PRS-505 on mac osx?
dovlex@gmail.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2009, 10:47 AM   #2
wallcraft
reader
wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Kobo Glo HD
Once your PRS-505 has been authorized for your Adobe ID (same ID as on the Mac), all you need do is download the ebooks to your Mac using Adobe Digital Editions and then copy them via USB to the PRS-505 just as you would a DRM-free ebook.

From Adobe Forums:
Quote:
First, on the same Windows machine that you upgraded your Sony Reader, install ADE and authorize it to your AdobeID.

Next, plug in your Sony Reader and then in ADE, select the Reader and choose "Authorize Device" from the Library menu (I'm doing this from memory, and I don't have a Sony Reader to test it on right now - so the wording may be off).

At this point you have a Sony Reader which is authorized to your AdobeID. For any eBooks you purchase on the Mac (with ADE 1.5 authorized to the same AdobeID), you will be able to copy the .pdf/.epub files to your Sony Reader, using the Finder, and then be able to view then on your Sony Reader.
If you did not use a Windows PC with the Sony before, then "same Windows machine" probably can be replaced by "any Windows machine".
wallcraft is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-30-2009, 12:12 PM   #3
dovlex@gmail.com
dovlex@gmail.com began at the beginning.

Device: prs-505
But I do need Windows machine, do I? I don't have it
dovlex@gmail.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2009, 12:47 PM   #4
wallcraft
reader
wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Kobo Glo HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by dovlex@gmail.com View Post
But I do need Windows machine, do I?
You need to use a Windows PC one time only. Once your PRS-505 is registered with Adobe on the Windows PC, your Mac can be used from then on. This is a limitation caused by Sony's lack of Mac support. The same mobile ADE on other EInk devices will apparently interface with the Desktop Mac ADE.
wallcraft is offline   Reply With Quote