Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 09-07-2013, 03:55 AM   #571
meson1
meson1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meson1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meson1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meson1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meson1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meson1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meson1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meson1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meson1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meson1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meson1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Espresso Kobo Aura HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by benovd View Post
I'm thinking in buying an Aura HD because of its great screen, but I'm afraid after reading how slippery it is. Is it so bad? Any working solution? Thank you for your comments.
I just got mine. I don't think it's so bad. But I do think Kobo screwed up by not making it with the soft touch rubberised finish we've come to expect from almost all eReaders. If they had it would have been the perfect device. That said, it's still pretty damn good.

You have two choices, if when you get it you decide you don't like the casing. You can skin it with something like these and/or get a case for it as being discussed in this topic here.

I won't say too much more, because the above mentioned topic is the best place to discuss this subject, but I'm getting myself a skin and a bespoke handmade leather case from Noreve.

Last edited by meson1; 09-07-2013 at 01:31 PM.
meson1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2013, 09:21 AM   #572
konrad white
Enthusiast
konrad white knows the square root of minus one.konrad white knows the square root of minus one.konrad white knows the square root of minus one.konrad white knows the square root of minus one.konrad white knows the square root of minus one.konrad white knows the square root of minus one.konrad white knows the square root of minus one.konrad white knows the square root of minus one.konrad white knows the square root of minus one.konrad white knows the square root of minus one.konrad white knows the square root of minus one.

Device: Sony PRS 950, Onyx M92, Kobo Aura, Kobo Aura One
I use the reader of about 3 months. Since two days I noticed that the pages are not updated properly. I did not change the settings. It looks like this:

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/12/pj46.jpg/

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/4/fy1h.jpg/
konrad white is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-07-2013, 09:29 AM   #573
meeera
Grand Sorcerer
meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, iPadMini4, iPad4, MBP; support other Kobo/Kindles
Quote:
Originally Posted by konrad white View Post
I use the reader of about 3 months. Since two days I noticed that the pages are not updated properly. I did not change the settings. It looks like this:

Does this appearance persist after a reboot, and if so, after a paperclip reset, and if so, after a full factory reset?
meeera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2013, 10:45 AM   #574
konrad white
Enthusiast
konrad white knows the square root of minus one.konrad white knows the square root of minus one.konrad white knows the square root of minus one.konrad white knows the square root of minus one.konrad white knows the square root of minus one.konrad white knows the square root of minus one.konrad white knows the square root of minus one.konrad white knows the square root of minus one.konrad white knows the square root of minus one.konrad white knows the square root of minus one.konrad white knows the square root of minus one.

I made only soft reset. Reboot is off/on mode?
Old 09-07-2013, 01:11 PM   #575
alexvi
alexvi knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'alexvi knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'alexvi knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'alexvi knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'alexvi knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'alexvi knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'alexvi knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'alexvi knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'alexvi knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'alexvi knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'alexvi knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'

Device: Kindle Keyboard, Kindle NT, Kobo Aura HD :)
Quote:
Originally Posted by benovd View Post
I'm thinking in buying an Aura HD because of its great screen, but I'm afraid after reading how slippery it is. Is it so bad? Any working solution? Thank you for your comments.
From what I red, you can apply a skin to make it less slippery. I would also try sanding the back of it with a finest grain sandpaper, although some might think it's too extreme, but in my opinion it beats putting ugly stickers on it.
alexvi is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-07-2013, 02:52 PM   #576
konrad white
Enthusiast

Factory reset didn't solve the problem.
Old 09-07-2013, 04:27 PM   #577
robko
Wizard
robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo
Quote:
Originally Posted by konrad white View Post

Something is messed up with your refresh. I would contact Kobo to get it fixed under warranty.
robko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2013, 06:14 PM   #578
speakingtohe
Wizard
speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony PRS-T1 and T3, Kobo Mini and Aura HD, Tablet
Quote:
Originally Posted by alexvi View Post
From what I red, you can apply a skin to make it less slippery. I would also try sanding the back of it with a finest grain sandpaper, although some might think it's too extreme, but in my opinion it beats putting ugly stickers on it.
I would send it back for sure.
Helen
speakingtohe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2013, 07:31 PM   #579
OverHaze
Connoisseur
OverHaze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OverHaze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OverHaze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OverHaze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OverHaze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OverHaze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OverHaze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OverHaze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OverHaze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OverHaze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OverHaze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, iPad Air 2
What fonts are people using on their Aura HDs? I generally like a sans serif but it seems a waist on a screen with this kind of DPI. I'm trying to find something comfortable yet pretty.
OverHaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2013, 07:40 PM   #580
evanft
Zealot
evanft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.evanft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.evanft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.evanft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.evanft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.evanft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.evanft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.evanft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.evanft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.evanft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.evanft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 4 NT
Charis SIL Modified Larger. It's fantastic.
evanft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2013, 08:01 PM   #581
taosaur
intelligent posterior
taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 2, Samsung S8, Lenovo Tab 3 Pro
Quote:
Out of stock in US, I can't believe it, was just in stock earlier today, i will never forgive it to myself if it's gone for good
Dang, I didn't move fast enough First noticeable result of Amazon's big announcement: a competing reader sells out
taosaur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2013, 11:14 PM   #582
alexvi
alexvi knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'alexvi knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'alexvi knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'alexvi knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'alexvi knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'alexvi knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'alexvi knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'alexvi knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'alexvi knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'alexvi knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'alexvi knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'

Quote:
Originally Posted by taosaur View Post
Dang, I didn't move fast enough First noticeable result of Amazon's big announcement: a competing reader sells out
My thoughts exactly: although I suspected PW2 will be 6" only, I was hoping they will at least up the dpi, what a disappointment, now Aura HD is a must have for me

I noticed there is a list of book stores around the states where they might have Aura HD for sale: http://www.kobo.com/indie (input your zip code on the bottom). I placed an order online at the store I found on that list, http://www.greenlightbookstore.com/product/kobo-aura-hd . However after I called them today, I found out they are currently out of them and expecting to get a new batch in 3 days or so, they care Onyx color versions only. Keeping my fingers crossed on that one
Old 09-08-2013, 12:45 AM   #583
Prestidigitweeze
Fledgling Demagogue
Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Clara HD; Oasis 2; Aura HD; iPad Air; PRS-350; Galaxy S7.
Quote:
I noticed there is a list of book stores around the states where they might have Aura HD for sale: http://www.kobo.com/indie (input your zip code on the bottom). I placed an order online at the store I found on that list, http://www.greenlightbookstore.com/product/kobo-aura-hd.
An excellent find, A. I'd given up on finding a local store on that list which might carry the newest Kobo hardware -- I last looked months ago. It's rather boss to be apprised of the spiffed shop you sleuthed with your formidable sleuther.

Last edited by Prestidigitweeze; 09-08-2013 at 12:49 AM.
Prestidigitweeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2013, 01:16 AM   #584
alexvi

Old 09-08-2013, 02:21 AM   #585
anacreon
Guru
anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Elipsa, Sage
fonts

Quote:
Originally Posted by OverHaze View Post
What fonts are people using on their Aura HDs? I generally like a sans serif but it seems a waist on a screen with this kind of DPI. I'm trying to find something comfortable yet pretty.
My favourite has been for a while Linux Libertine. Before that, it was Charis modified larger like evanft.
anacreon is online now   Reply With Quote