Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > iRex

Notices

Old 01-12-2012, 03:42 PM   #1
nhimclc
nhimclc began at the beginning.

Device: none
Unhappy Help with Irex battery and screen problem

Hi,
After a bit research, it turns out that I have an Irex Book Edition. It was working well until 4 months ago when I took it to Vietnam where I did fieldwork. Now, returning to the US, I turned it on last month and the battery would not charge. The red light will be on for about 1 minute and that's it. After a day of charge, the battery indicator is only half full, so I can only read for about an hour or so.
What is worse is the screen. It becomes so blur that it is very difficult to read. The black ink turns almost into grey. I really don't know what is going on. Is it because of the battery?
I would really appreciate any help cause I love my ereader and I need it for school. Thanks.
nhimclc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012, 05:03 PM   #2
ericshliao
Guru
ericshliao will become famous soon enoughericshliao will become famous soon enoughericshliao will become famous soon enoughericshliao will become famous soon enoughericshliao will become famous soon enoughericshliao will become famous soon enough

Device: Dell X51v; iLiad v2
I guess that your battery is dying. And the screen problem is caused by insuffient voltage provided by the dying battery.
Perhaps replacing the battery can solve the problem. There is a thread about replacing battery.

Last edited by ericshliao; 01-12-2012 at 07:02 PM.
ericshliao is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-14-2012, 07:55 PM   #3
nhimclc
nhimclc began at the beginning.

Device: none
Thank you very much. It totally makes sense. I will try to replace the battery. Thanks a lot.
nhimclc is offline   Reply With Quote