Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 10-01-2009, 11:57 AM   #1
koland
Grand Sorcerer
koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle(all), nook, nookcolor, Sony, Kobo, epic, iphone, iPad, pc
October Two Dollar Deals

All of these are supposed to be on special for $1.99 this month (see below, one hasn't caught up on Kindle, yet), in various ebookstores. No changes yet at Fictionwise or BooksOnBoard.

The Ax is yet another bargain title by Donald E. Westlake. Of course, at the rate of one a month, it'll be over a year before they run through just the titles already on Kindle, so hopefully this will become a monthly tradition.

... brilliant, laser-sharp tale of the deadly consequences of corporate downsizing.

Burke Devore is a middle-aged manager at a paper company when the cost-cutting ax falls, and he is laid off. Eighteen months later and still unemployed, he puts a new spin on his job search -- with agonizing care, Devore finds the seven men in the surrounding area who could take the job that rightfully should javascript:void(0);be his, and systematically kills them. Transforming himself from mild-mannered middle manager to ruthless murderer, he discovers skills ne never knew ne had -- and that come to him far too easily.

Marked by Passion, by Kate Perry

Book Description
Gabrielle Sansouci Chin is turned for a loop when she receives the ancient scroll that she was marked to protect. Her possession only means one thing...her father is dead. Gabe has no idea how she is going to balance her new responsibilities as a Guardian being a painter by day and a bartender by night. Having just been contracted for her new "Enter the Light" series, Gabe tries to handle it all. But it seems like her luck has run dry when she's ill trained to take her proper place as guardian, having a dry spell at painting, and for some reason can't help but fall for Rhys Llewellyn, the sexy Brit who offers his help in more ways than one.

Devil in a Kilt, by Sue-Ellen Welfonder

Book Description
Linnet MacDonnell was the youngest of seven sisters, and not the family beauty. With her flame-bright red hair, sharp tongue, and strange gift of second sight, no man wanted her. But the devil would take her. Bartered as a bride to her father's long-sworn enemy, the nobly born Highlander, Duncan MacKenzie of Kintail, she had no choice but to enter a marriage with a man rumored to have murdered his first wife and said to possess neither heart nor soul. Forbidding and proud, Duncan MacKenzie wanted only one thing from his new bride -- to use her special gift to determine if young Robbie was truly his son. He never expected the MacDonnell lass to stubbornly follow her heart, chase away the darkness in his castle with light and laughter, and ignite a raging fire in his blood. How dare she defy him, and tempt a devil like him to feel what he feared most of all --- love!

Reality Dysfunction Part 1 & 2, by Peter F. Hamilton. I'd recommend you instead consider getting The Night's Dawn Trilogy ($7.99), as it contains The Reality Dysfunction, The Neutronium Alchemist and The Naked God - over 4000 pages in paperback and 5 megabytes on Kindle.

Book Description
In the far future, humanity has divided along a single major line. The Edenists are genetically engineered space-dwellers with telepathic affinity to their biotechnological homes and ships. Adamists are effectively the Luddites of the future, willing to pioneer new worlds much as their ancestors did hundreds of years previously. The two clash on a primitive world called Lalonde, involving a huge cast of characters including a beautiful teenage girl who has inherited a vast technological empire; a freebooting adventurer in search of alien treasure; a renegade Edenist criminal; an alien race which observes human behavior; an ineffectual priest shocked by the world he has come to settle . . . and many, many more.

Wolf in the Shadows, by Marcia Muller, I've put last because Amazon hasn't yet changed the price. This one is supposed to be included in the special, so I'll check back on it over the next few days. It's already marked down in the Sony bookstore.

Book Description
While investigating her lover's disappearance, San Francisco private investigator Sharon McCone stumbles upon some unpleasant truths. By the author of Pennies on a Dead Woman's Eyes.

All of these are currently available for $1.99 in the Sony Bookstore.
koland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2009, 11:59 AM   #2
lilac_jive
Grand Sorcerer
lilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud of

Device: PRS-505
Thanks for posting! Just an FYI, I don't think these are Orbit, but Kensington. The Orbit promo is $1, and is only one book a month.
lilac_jive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2009, 12:05 PM   #3
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilac_jive View Post
Thanks for posting! Just an FYI, I don't think these are Orbit, but Kensington. The Orbit promo is $1, and is only one book a month.
They're from various Hachette labels.
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2009, 12:18 PM   #4
koland
Grand Sorcerer
koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Um... Did I accidentally put Orbit in there somewhere.... off to check (I know I copied my earlier blog post about Orbit to create this one, so might have, accidentally ...)

I give up, though. I can't find it...
Old 10-01-2009, 12:29 PM   #5
lilac_jive
Grand Sorcerer
lilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by koland View Post
Um... Did I accidentally put Orbit in there somewhere.... off to check (I know I copied my earlier blog post about Orbit to create this one, so might have, accidentally ...)

I give up, though. I can't find it...
In the thread title

It confused me, that's why I pointed it out. Don't mind me, it's one of those days
Old 10-01-2009, 05:01 PM   #6
koland
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
I think you just misread. This thread title (unchanged, at least by me, and cut and pasted from my blog post w/ the same title) is:

October Two Dollar Deals

I don't think the other thread mentions orbit in the title.

To make it more confusing, I saw another post somewhere today that did attribute all of them to Orbit. Guess their monthly specials are paying off when they get credit for all of them.
Old 10-01-2009, 05:59 PM   #7
lilac_jive
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by koland View Post
I think you just misread. This thread title (unchanged, at least by me, and cut and pasted from my blog post w/ the same title) is:

October Two Dollar Deals

I don't think the other thread mentions orbit in the title.

To make it more confusing, I saw another post somewhere today that did attribute all of them to Orbit. Guess their monthly specials are paying off when they get credit for all of them.
I think I must be going crazy then Today was just one of those days. Anyway, thanks again for posting! Now I have to figure out which ones I want to buy
Old 10-02-2009, 12:53 AM   #8
koland
Grand Sorcerer

I haven't checked all the samples yet, but I'd guess almost any of them are better than Orbit's book this month. I couldn't even get thru the sample and deleted it. If the rest was more of the same, I'd say it's low reviews were well warranted.