Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 07-29-2009, 11:18 AM   #1
tvoverbeek
tvoverbeek began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle DX
Kindle DX shipping again

Got a shipping message from Amazon today that my Kindle DX has shipped.
So it seems the next batch of DX has arrived.
tvoverbeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2009, 12:31 PM   #2
mgalactico
mgalactico began at the beginning.

So when did you make your order? I want to try and guess when mine might be available.

Thanks!
mgalactico is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2009, 12:32 PM   #3
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
Welcome to MobileRead, tvoverbeek.

Enjoy the site and please feel free to ask questions.

Have fun!

Don
Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2009, 08:25 PM   #4
tvoverbeek
tvoverbeek began at the beginning.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgalactico View Post
So when did you make your order? I want to try and guess when mine might be available.

Thanks!
Ordered mine July 3. Expected delivery date Aug 4.
tvoverbeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2009, 01:10 AM   #5
fugazied
Wizard
fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: iPod Touch
Excellent. The only thing stopping me from getting a DX for my mother for a birthday present is the possibility of an Apple tablet... Then I could get a tablet and give her my DX. Better wait a couple of months I guess.
fugazied is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2009, 09:16 AM   #6
mgalactico

Quote:
Originally Posted by tvoverbeek View Post
Ordered mine July 3. Expected delivery date Aug 4.
I ordered mine July 21st. No e-mail from Amazon yet. Just have to be patient.
Old 07-31-2009, 11:32 AM   #7
hanasea
Enthusiast
hanasea began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle, iPod Touch
Hmm. I'm going to order DX today. How long does it take? 3 weeks? 4 weeks.. Well, I need patient.
hanasea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2009, 08:08 PM   #8
tyrionlannister
Mobile Reader
tyrionlannister began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle DX, Nokia N800, iPhone
I ordered my DX a couple of hours ago, after I saw the estimated ship date on the product page pushed back from 1-2 days to 2-3 days.

ETA, with 1 day shipping: August 4, 2009 - August 7, 2009
tyrionlannister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2009, 11:25 AM   #9
advocate2
My Kingdom for Karma
advocate2 is a jewel in the roughadvocate2 is a jewel in the roughadvocate2 is a jewel in the roughadvocate2 is a jewel in the roughadvocate2 is a jewel in the roughadvocate2 is a jewel in the roughadvocate2 is a jewel in the roughadvocate2 is a jewel in the roughadvocate2 is a jewel in the roughadvocate2 is a jewel in the roughadvocate2 is a jewel in the rough

Device: Sony 350, 650, 950, Nook Color
My experience with Amazon is that it is not first come, first serve on out of stock or new release items. I ordered my DX on July 30 and received an August 11 to 18 delivery date. Since they want more customers to order, they could very well fulfill newer orders before older orders. They have done this several times on newly released video games. The solution is to just cancel an old unfulfilled order if you see Amazon shipping faster on new orders.
advocate2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2009, 11:44 AM   #10
mgalactico

I ordered mine on July 21 and have mot yet received an e-mail indicating that it has shipped. The e-mail that acknowledged my order did indicate that it will be shipped between August 7 and August 14. I am not holding my breath.

I forgot to add that I am a Amazon Prime member. I guess it does not count for Kindle.

Later:.....
Amazon just send me an e-mail stating that my order should arrive earlier than expected. Specifically by Aug 7. It has not shipped yet.

Last edited by mgalactico; 08-03-2009 at 01:23 PM. Reason: Speak of the Devil
Old 08-03-2009, 03:08 PM   #11
pboss
Evangelist
pboss will become famous soon enoughpboss will become famous soon enoughpboss will become famous soon enoughpboss will become famous soon enoughpboss will become famous soon enoughpboss will become famous soon enough

Device: none
Quote:
My experience with Amazon is that it is not first come, first serve on out of stock or new release items. I ordered my DX on July 30 and received an August 11 to 18 delivery date. Since they want more customers to order, they could very well fulfill newer orders before older orders.
That explains everything. So don't go canceling and re-ordering your KDX, the shipping date can change in every minute.
pboss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2009, 06:25 PM   #12
advocate2
My Kingdom for Karma
advocate2 is a jewel in the roughadvocate2 is a jewel in the roughadvocate2 is a jewel in the roughadvocate2 is a jewel in the roughadvocate2 is a jewel in the roughadvocate2 is a jewel in the roughadvocate2 is a jewel in the roughadvocate2 is a jewel in the roughadvocate2 is a jewel in the roughadvocate2 is a jewel in the roughadvocate2 is a jewel in the rough

I just received an email from Amazon stating that my expected delivery date is August 6 (I paid the extra $3.99 for next day delivery). When I checked the status of the order in my Amazon account, the message states that the shipment is being prepared and can not be changed. Whopee!!!!!
Old 08-05-2009, 08:58 PM   #13
advocate2
My Kingdom for Karma

I just received a confirming email from Amazon stating that my DX is shipping today for delivery tomorrow.
Old 08-05-2009, 09:13 PM   #14
tyrionlannister
Mobile Reader
tyrionlannister began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle DX, Nokia N800, iPhone
Mine has been in the "being prepared" state since Monday night, but still nothing has shipped. It looks like I won't get it until the last day of their estimated window.
tyrionlannister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2009, 09:20 PM   #15
mgalactico

Talking Shipped!

My DX finally shipped today. I'm

Tags
kindle dx