Notices

Old 09-21-2012, 10:43 AM   #271
Jvangiel
Jvangiel began at the beginning.

Device: Pocketbook 603
BUG TRACKING!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by donbex View Post
I really do hate Facebook... but here's something constructive (sorry for repeating myself): why not use a true bug-tracking platform?
It souldn't be too much difficult to set up Bugzilla, and it offers a great deal of flexibility (see Bugzilla for deteils). Even Facebook uses it.
Otherwise, as the Pocketbook-free project is hosted on SourceForge, a zero-effort solution could be to simply use the SourceForge bug-tracker.
YES YES YES! Another vote!
I'm getting frustrated to go through this thread to have to read again and again the same requests without any response from Pocketbook. Without knowing if they will address any of these questions, without a good overview for each question about how many votes it got....
Jvangiel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2012, 08:27 PM   #272
rkomar
Wizard
rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505, PB 902, PRS-T1, PB 623, PB 840, PB 633
@mtravellerh was (is?) a sales rep for PocketBook, and he set up this thread years ago. Since then, he has given up on this forum because of the amount of abuse he was getting from irate PB customers. It's not clear that anyone else at PocketBook even reads this thread or the Bug Report thread. The company seems to be active in Russian forums, but I'm not sure that any feedback in English ever reaches them (unless a Russian/Ukrainian reader passes it on). The fact that they have pulled out of North America makes it seem unlikely that they care to hear anything from us anymore.

Last edited by rkomar; 09-21-2012 at 08:30 PM.
rkomar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2012, 07:07 PM   #273
preempalver
Connoisseur
preempalver can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'preempalver can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'preempalver can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'preempalver can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'preempalver can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'preempalver can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'preempalver can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'preempalver can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'preempalver can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'preempalver can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'preempalver can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'

Device: PocketBook pro 603 (Leggo IBS fw PB 2.1.3)
If true, this approach is unbelievably awkward, if not suicidal for a company, since it's pretty clear that users here are from all over the world. well... *shrugs* we all have problems.
preempalver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2012, 01:45 PM   #274
kacir
Wizard
kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PocketBook 360, before it was Sony Reader, cassiopeia A-20
Quote:
Originally Posted by preempalver View Post
If true, this approach is unbelievably awkward, if not suicidal for a company, since it's pretty clear that users here are from all over the world. well... *shrugs* we all have problems.
Well, there is very good reason that most companies avoid ANY contact with the userbase in the form of forum discussions and similar means. You only very seldom see Amazon, Sony, Kobo, Barnes and Noble, Apple or any other representative openly discussing their products on third-party forums.
If you promise *anything* and it is later changed, delayed or canceled you have lots of angry users complaining very loudly. And things *do* get changed, delayed or canceled in real life due to circumstances you can not affect.
Also, even for the most successful products there is very small fraction of the userbase that is not satisfied. And such discussion forum like this works as a focus for such rightly or wrongly dissatisfied people. It takes only a small handful of nasty complainers to ruin a good thing for the vast majority of people that are extremely happy to have direct discussion with a company representative.

PocketBook company did have (and still has) close contact with their userbase through the russian speaking forum the-ebook.org/forum . This is what sets them apart. This is why PB301 and 360 were such great products. Their design and software speciffication were created with cooperation with forum members.

mtravellerh was (and perhaps still is) a representative of a PocketBook *distributor* for Germany and the rest of EU. (the situation has changed and his company became part of PocketBook company, I think, but I do not have any more info). Sometimes he promised things that he had very good reason to believe were going to happen (such as testing a beta version of a new feature), and later the company changed the plans and some things, such as keyboard support for PB302 never materialized.
There was also big backlash when PocketBook started to sell readers in USA for prices significantly lower than in Europe or even their home turf - Ukraine. Situation was further aggravated by the fact that they sold PB360PLUS for much lower price in USA than PB360 here. PB360 wasn't sold in Europe at all. And distributors in USA were strictly forbidden to sell to EU.

Last edited by kacir; 09-23-2012 at 01:47 PM.
kacir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 10:00 AM   #275
bukutas
fiendreader
bukutas began at the beginning.

Device: pocketbook 360
usb connect to tablet (android)

I still love my 360 (using last sw-update). But my new tablet (Galaxy 2.7, GT-P3100, Android 4.0.4) can't read its storage via USB-adaptor.
I want to transfer ebook files (already downloaded to tablet) onto my PB, 'cos it's much nicer to read with e-ink display.
Android recognizes other storage systems (SD, USB-Stick etc). Why not PB??
Connectivity would be so cool!
bukutas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 03:01 PM   #276
paola
Wizard
paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Pro 903, (beloved Pocketbook 360 RIP), Kobo Mini, Kobo Aura
Quote:
Originally Posted by bukutas View Post
I still love my 360 (using last sw-update). But my new tablet (Galaxy 2.7, GT-P3100, Android 4.0.4) can't read its storage via USB-adaptor.
I want to transfer ebook files (already downloaded to tablet) onto my PB, 'cos it's much nicer to read with e-ink display.
presume your tablet does not support a microSD card?
paola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 05:48 PM   #277
rkomar
Wizard
rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505, PB 902, PRS-T1, PB 623, PB 840, PB 633
Quote:
Originally Posted by bukutas View Post
The PB only works as a USB guest, not as a host. If your tablet can work as a host, then the PB should show up as an external drive on the tablet. If they are both guests, then neither will see the drives of the other.
rkomar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 06:23 AM   #278
bukutas
fiendreader
bukutas began at the beginning.

Device: pocketbook 360
Thanks, yes, but as I understand it, my tablet has USB host function. It can read/write to and from USB stick, External drive, V-Cam, camera, SD etc via USB host adapter.
Could it be a file-system difference?

Anyway, it means there is no way to transfer files without PC, which means PB360 is becoming obsolete, very sad.

One thing I will still try is transfering to/from micro-SD. Do not yet know if the formatting will be compatible. It may prove to be a work-around, but does not solve the original prob.
bukutas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 05:32 PM   #279
Jean Rouanet
Jean Rouanet began at the beginning.

Device: Pocket 602
OpenZim working on PocketBook ?

Hi,

We can imagine to have an application as OpenZim working on PocketBook, to open and read ZIM file format. The ZIM file format, an open, standardized file format to store Wiki content efficiently for offline usage. It will be possible to have all Wikipedia in an SD Card 32 and have the free encyclopedia offline.

Please see French pages
http://framakey.org/Pack/Framakey-Wikipedia

rgds J Rouanet
Jean Rouanet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 10:06 PM   #280
staul62
staul62 began at the beginning.

Device: PB360
I would love to see that!
staul62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 10:00 AM   #281
Klapo
Klapo began at the beginning.

Device: PW2, PW3, PW4, PW5SE
any idea how can I turn on renaming files along with extension on PB611, using default explorer?
Klapo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 03:00 PM   #282
porga
Connoisseur
porga began at the beginning.

Device: Pocketbook 912 Pro
Hello,
from today I am proud owner of Pocketbook 912 PRO. I do not know if anyone reds this but I would like to see:
- full Croatian language keyboard (if you solve this you added Bosnian, Croatian, Serbian and Slovene keyboard layout at the same time)
- support for comic CBR, CBZ file formats
porga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 03:45 PM   #283
troll05
Harmless idiot
troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB622, Nexus7, Sony PRS 350, Tolino und nur noch wenig toter Baum:(
Quote:
Originally Posted by porga View Post
Hello,
from today I am proud owner of Pocketbook 912 PRO. I do not know if anyone reds this but I would like to see:
- full Croatian language keyboard (if you solve this you added Bosnian, Croatian, Serbian and Slovene keyboard layout at the same time)
- support for comic CBR, CBZ file formats
Hello and welcome

congrats to the new reader and some hopefully helpful answers.

Connected to your PC go to -> System -> Language -> Keyboard and edit one of the keyboard files to your needs, but do not use Windows Notepad. recommend Notepad++(Freeware)

For the second question look here
troll05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 04:41 PM   #284
porga
Connoisseur
porga began at the beginning.

Device: Pocketbook 912 Pro
Quote:
Originally Posted by troll05 View Post
Connected to your PC go to -> System -> Language -> Keyboard and edit one of the keyboard files to your needs,
I just tried to do it, but I am a bit confused. There are only 4 .extkbd files in it
EN, IT, RU, UA, but there is much larger list of keyboards on device (using latest 213 firmware).

I tried to copy EN.extkbd rename it to HR.extkbd and change some data in it, but after restart system does not offer any new option in keyboards list. Are you sure that these instructions are for this device?
Thanks for help.
porga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 04:54 PM   #285
troll05
Harmless idiot
troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB622, Nexus7, Sony PRS 350, Tolino und nur noch wenig toter Baum:(
Should do, I changed some Parameters in the german Keyboard version and they show up
troll05 is offline   Reply With Quote