Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 07-24-2008, 11:00 AM   #136
GeoffC
Chocolate Grasshopper ...
GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Muse HD , Cybook Gen3 , Pocketbook 302 (Black) , Nexus 10: wife has PW
Quote:
Originally Posted by pshrynk View Post
See the scenic moose!
help - mum - 'e's chasin' me...
GeoffC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2008, 12:03 PM   #137
RickyMaveety
Holy S**T!!!
RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.

Device: Kindle and iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeoffC View Post
rain, rain, you want rain----dah, come to sunny Scotland...
In a heartbeat. I love Scotland beyond reason!! I love bagpipe music ... I'm going to have it at my wake someday.

Quote:
See the scenic moose!
The mani fjords!!

Quote:
help - mum - 'e's chasin' me...
Stop it you wombat!! Errrrr ... moose!!
RickyMaveety is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2008, 01:07 PM   #138
nekokami
fruminous edugeek
nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad, eBw 1150
Rain? You want rain? We can oblige here in NH. We're supposed to get 2-4 inches in the next couple of hours. We all just got told to "take shelter" because of tornado and hail warnings. I don't know where I'm supposed to take shelter in this building. I went and sat in an interior conference room with no windows with a bunch of other people until everyone got bored and left. Then we got another "severe weather warning" on email. They haven't started sounding the klaxons again, so I think I'll just stay at my desk for now.
nekokami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2008, 01:16 PM   #139
RickyMaveety
Holy S**T!!!
RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nekokami View Post
Rain? You want rain? We can oblige here in NH. We're supposed to get 2-4 inches in the next couple of hours. We all just got told to "take shelter" because of tornado and hail warnings. I don't know where I'm supposed to take shelter in this building. I went and sat in an interior conference room with no windows with a bunch of other people until everyone got bored and left. Then we got another "severe weather warning" on email. They haven't started sounding the klaxons again, so I think I'll just stay at my desk for now.
And here ... where we so desparately need rain ... it rained for maybe 15 minutes and then stopped. Snif ... sob.

Now, the question is .... do I take the doggies for a walk even though I have already given them their "rainy day" bones?? Erk ... probably.
Old 07-24-2008, 03:52 PM   #140
Prash
Zealot
Prash has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Prash has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Prash has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Prash has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: K3W, LG OG-E970, Utopia Apad
Quote:
Originally Posted by RickyMaveety View Post
And here ... where we so desparately need rain ... it rained for maybe 15 minutes and then stopped. Snif ... sob.

Now, the question is .... do I take the doggies for a walk even though I have already given them their "rainy day" bones?? Erk ... probably.
What are rainy day bones Ricky? (feels like i am a total noob)

Anyhow it's raining outside here and the time is 1.20 AM ! and yet, i have to let my dogs free for about 10 mins or else they start barking/yelling at me. Why don't they sleep? Just because i am awake at night, do they have to go for a walk....ahh it's tiresome....
Prash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2008, 04:31 PM   #141
RickyMaveety
Holy S**T!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prash View Post
What are rainy day bones Ricky? (feels like i am a total noob)

Anyhow it's raining outside here and the time is 1.20 AM ! and yet, i have to let my dogs free for about 10 mins or else they start barking/yelling at me. Why don't they sleep? Just because i am awake at night, do they have to go for a walk....ahh it's tiresome....
Oh .... "rainy day bones" are just a whole lot bigger than the little chew bones I usually give them. If I'm not going to be able to walk them (because it's raining, for example) then I give them really large bones to chew on so that they don't feel so bad about being stuck in their kennel all day.
Old 07-24-2008, 11:40 PM   #142
montsnmags
Grand Sorcerer
montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by RickyMaveety View Post
The wombats don't care ... they just take, take, take. Nasty wombats. Then in their cheap gold spandex exercise outfits and pink headbands. So very disco. Damn wombats!!
Now, now, wombats only give an appearance of being nasty. Their apparent mean streak actually comes from a significant dearth of intelligence and a stubborn streak that would make a mule look amiably amenable. Fortunately they make up for it in being excellent substitute Solid Gold Dancers.

Also, their cost is small because a wombat eats, roots, shoots and leaves.

Cheers,
Marc
montsnmags is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2008, 09:01 AM   #143
pshrynk
Beepbeep n beebeep, yeah!
pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iThingie, KmkII, I miss Zelda!
A wombat walked into a bar...
pshrynk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2008, 09:03 AM   #144
GeoffC
GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
A wombat walked into a bar...

...followed in quick succession
by

4 wallabies carrying
3 french loaves
and a turtle dove
in a pie...
Old 07-25-2008, 10:04 AM   #145
slayda
Retired & reading more!
slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 1, iPad Air 2, iPhone 6S+, Kobo Aura One
Quote:
...followed in quick succession
by

4 wallabies carrying
3 french loaves
and a turtle dove
in a pie...
But I ate the pie & pulled out a plumb bob.
slayda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2008, 10:15 AM   #146
GeoffC

Quote:
Originally Posted by slayda View Post
But I ate the pie & pulled out a plumb bob.
well you should, then, be able to walk in a straight line, with an accurately vertical posture...

Tags
clouds of enlightenment, duck!, unutterable silliness