Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 10-04-2009, 08:31 PM   #1
JulienC
JulienC began at the beginning.

Device: Any linux-based e-ink device
URL-encoded characters in path when launching the viewer

I am running Ubuntu 8.04 (Hardy Heron). I just installed calibre 0.6.16 using the linux installer (with the "Unsupported Distributions" command).

Calibre runs properly, but can not launch the viewer with the correct path. I added an e-book to my collection, and when trying to view it, it does nothing and I get the following message in the console:

Code:
Error: no such file "/home/julien/docs/books/John%20S.%20Townsend/A%20Modern%20Approach%20to%20Quantum%20Mechanics%20(5)/A%20Modern%20Approach%20to%20Quantum%20Mechanics%20-%20John%20S.%20Townsend.djvu"
It replaced all spaces by their URL-encoded equivalent (%20). I did not find any tickets relating to this issue.

Does anyone have an idea how to fix this ? Should I submit a new ticket ?
JulienC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2009, 01:36 PM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
URL encoding the path is normal. calibre uses a Qt library function to open files with their preferred viewing application. This function requires URLs rather than file paths.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-06-2009, 12:50 AM   #3
JulienC
JulienC began at the beginning.

Device: Any linux-based e-ink device
Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
URL encoding the path is normal. calibre uses a Qt library function to open files with their preferred viewing application. This function requires URLs rather than file paths.
Thanks for the reply, in that case the problem probably originates from Qt, as the path is correct (it points to an actual djvu file, which I can access otherwise).

At the end of the month I will upgrade my Ubuntu installation to 9.10, I will see at that point if the issue solves itself or persists.
JulienC is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
viewer path spaces url