Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > PocketBook

Notices

Old 11-20-2012, 07:42 AM   #46
troll05
Harmless idiot
troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB622, Nexus7, Sony PRS 350, Tolino und nur noch wenig toter Baum:(
Quote:
Originally Posted by mark00 View Post
Hi,
do you think is a good device to read pdf ? In your opinion is better than the PB 912 to read pdf ?
Definitely a big NO to both of your questions.

Pesently there is no E-Ink device that is "good" for PDF files because they are to small (PDF being mostly A4). E-readers are purpose-built for ebook files like EPUB, MOBI, RTF..., PDF not belonging to this list.

622 has a better reading app for PDF than most of it's competitors but it is still cumbersome, 912 is a little better because of it's 9" display. But if you read solely PDFs you are better off with any 10" tablet.
troll05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 08:47 AM   #47
mark00
mark00 began at the beginning.

Device: PB 622
Quote:
Originally Posted by troll05 View Post
Definitely a big NO to both of your questions.

Pesently there is no E-Ink device that is "good" for PDF files because they are to small (PDF being mostly A4). E-readers are purpose-built for ebook files like EPUB, MOBI, RTF..., PDF not belonging to this list.

622 has a better reading app for PDF than most of it's competitors but it is still cumbersome, 912 is a little better because of it's 9" display. But if you read solely PDFs you are better off with any 10" tablet.
I thank you very much.
mark00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 04:07 AM   #48
paolog
Zealot
paolog can name that ebook in five wordspaolog can name that ebook in five wordspaolog can name that ebook in five wordspaolog can name that ebook in five wordspaolog can name that ebook in five wordspaolog can name that ebook in five wordspaolog can name that ebook in five wordspaolog can name that ebook in five wordspaolog can name that ebook in five wordspaolog can name that ebook in five wordspaolog can name that ebook in five words

Device: pocketbook touch 622
hi

there is a shortcut to rotate the screen while you are in the web browser?
thanks

Paolo
paolog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 05:19 AM   #49
inthemood
Zealot
inthemood began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura 6", Kobo Forma 32G
Hello, can one delete favorites in the browser of the pocketbook touch 622 ? If yes, how ?
Thank you.
inthemood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 02:44 AM   #50
Roddy
Roddy began at the beginning.

Device: Pocketbook 622 Touch
Hi,
The only way I found to add / edit / delete favourites is to edit browser's configuration file. I don't have my reader nearby so I cannot give you the exact path now but when you connect your reader via USB you will be able to find it.
Remember about doing the backup copy before the operation, just in case.
Best regards.
Roddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 04:24 AM   #51
paolog
Zealot
paolog can name that ebook in five wordspaolog can name that ebook in five wordspaolog can name that ebook in five wordspaolog can name that ebook in five wordspaolog can name that ebook in five wordspaolog can name that ebook in five wordspaolog can name that ebook in five wordspaolog can name that ebook in five wordspaolog can name that ebook in five wordspaolog can name that ebook in five wordspaolog can name that ebook in five words

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roddy View Post
Hi,
The only way I found to add / edit / delete favourites is to edit browser's configuration file. I don't have my reader nearby so I cannot give you the exact path now but when you connect your reader via USB you will be able to find it.
Remember about doing the backup copy before the operation, just in case.
Best regards.
Hi Roddy,
I see with top that obreeysocial.app uses 35% of memory.
Because I don't need it and I load big djvues, do you know a way to disable its loading?

thanks, paolo
Old 11-30-2012, 05:09 AM   #52
Roddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by paolog View Post
Hi Roddy,
I see with top that obreeysocial.app uses 35% of memory.
Because I don't need it and I load big djvues, do you know a way to disable its loading?

thanks, paolo
Unfortunately, no.
You're overestimating my skills, I'm just a beginner
Old 11-30-2012, 05:42 AM   #53
paolog
Zealot

Quote:
Unfortunately, no.
You're overestimating my skills, I'm just a beginner
me too!

and in your cfg editing did you find something related to the explorer and related to file management?
in the previous firmware you were able to do basical operations on files (like move app from device to sd) now those are allowed only for ebooks so you need poterm do move a photo or to put a dictionary in his directory (see after)

btw, with the new firmware you don't see anymore the whole directory structure when you attach the device to a pc, at least if it runs windows;

you still view them if mounted in linux or in poterm (that uses busybox)

Old 11-30-2012, 06:50 AM   #54
Roddy

Quote:
and in your cfg editing did you find something related to the explorer and related to file management?
No, maybe because I didn't look for it.

Quote:
in the previous firmware you were able to do basical operations on files (like move app from device to sd) now those are allowed only for ebooks so you need poterm do move a photo or to put a dictionary in his directory (see after)

btw, with the new firmware you don't see anymore the whole directory structure when you attach the device to a pc, at least if it runs windows;
Well, that's a bad news. Although I still run 3.2 firmware but I run windows and don't have plans to go into linux. This is another reason for me to restrain 4.0 upgrade.

Quote:
So I have to try one of these.
Best regards.
Old 11-30-2012, 07:43 AM   #55
troll05
Harmless idiot
troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:

You have to disable "hide system folders" and enable "show hidden folders" in the list of options, then you get your directory back

For ReadRate: You can disable it in Settings -> Accounts... -> Read
Rate, maybe that helps
Old 11-30-2012, 11:07 AM   #56
paolog
Zealot

[QUOTE=troll05;2324354]You have to disable "hide system folders" and enable "show hidden folders" in the list of options, then you get your directory back
cut]

you're right troll05, that is what I checked and I didn't change that settings before the upgrade.

Anyway I still not viewing the system directory of the device.

may be is due to my old pc
Old 11-30-2012, 02:37 PM   #57
troll05
Harmless idiot

Strange, checked on 3 PCs just to make sure (2x XP, 1x WIN7) and worked on all three.
Old 12-01-2012, 01:54 PM   #58
paolog
Zealot

Quote:
Originally Posted by troll05 View Post
Strange, checked on 3 PCs just to make sure (2x XP, 1x WIN7) and worked on all three.
I think you're right, is a fault of my pc.
Old 12-02-2012, 03:06 AM   #59
andwe
andwe began at the beginning.

Device: PB 622
Quote:
Well, that's a bad news. Although I still run 3.2 firmware but I run windows and don't have plans to go into linux. This is another reason for me to restrain 4.0 upgrade.
Hallo Roddy,
you can use a live linux cd, like knoppix (look at distrowatch.com),to boot Linux without any changes to your system.
Andreas
andwe is offline   Reply With Quote