Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 12-10-2010, 10:44 PM   #1
capjap
capjap began at the beginning.

Device: sony prs-650
sony 650 date of publication

Is there any possible way to see the publishing date somewhere? I tried "info" but it doesn't list the publication date. I would find that useful when reading books by a certain author.....I like to read them in order. The device will order them correctly if there are only 9 books. Any more than that, and it will list book 10, 11, 12 etc before 1, 2, 3
capjap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2010, 10:54 PM   #2
library addict
Grand Sorcerer
library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7 2, Samsung Galaxy Tab A 8" (retired=Sony PRS650, Kobo Mini)
I don't think there's a way to see the publication date, except on the book's copyright page at the beginning.

I added all of my books via Calibre, and when I sort by date added, my series all appear in numerical order regardless of what order I actually added them. Must be some sort of "hidden" setting within Calibre.

There was a thread earlier about how to manually put your series in order using the Reader software... https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...=104732&page=2
library addict is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-10-2010, 10:54 PM   #3
Bookworm_Girl
E-reader Enthusiast
Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 3; Kobo Aura One; iPad Mini 5
Hi, capjap. I don't know of a way to show the publishing date. Are you familiar with the Sony Reader Library software? You can use the Sony software to create a "collection" to group the books together. Then, you can drag and drop the books in the collection list into whatever order you want. That's how I manage my books by an author that are part of a series. Somebody else might have a solution using the software called calibre.

Note: you could also add the books to a collection using your reader. However, the only way to force the order of the books in the list is to use the Sony software.
Bookworm_Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2010, 11:17 PM   #4
SeaBookGuy
Can one read too much?
SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW 3, Sony 350 and 650
A suggestion:

Create an RTF file called "(author name) Books" listing them in order; you might want to find a nice piece of art, or graphic, for a cover as otherwise it displays a thumbnail of the text page itself ... mucho ugly! Then put the books in a collection named for the author, and you'll have a cheat sheet to consult! I don't know about RTF's, but if you convert it to an Epub, you can even cross them off as you read them, or make a (removeable) note, or mark, to tell immediately which one's next.

I don't have a PDA device, and put my travel itineraries on my device that way for easy reference.
SeaBookGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2010, 09:51 AM   #5
capjap
capjap began at the beginning.

Device: sony prs-650
Great ideas...I did think of making a list myself, but I never would have thought about making a cover for it....also I was hoping an easy solution would be available....

Most of my books have no copyright page so I have no idea once they are in the reader of the publication date. I tried to put a number on the cover, but it doesn't show in thumbnail view. I know I could rename the books to add the number....all kinds of different ways of doing the job but I really hoped there was a way that would not mean I would have to do any more management. It already takes a while to add books, get the metadata and cover and organize them in the way I like to see them.

Thanks for the suggestions. I use calibre. I found the Sony software less user friendly.
capjap is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-11-2010, 11:26 AM   #6
elcreative
Wizard
elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS505, 600, 350, 650, Nexus 7, Note III, iPad 4 etc
Try fantasticfiction.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by capjap View Post
Is there any possible way to see the publishing date somewhere? I tried "info" but it doesn't list the publication date. I would find that useful when reading books by a certain author.....I like to read them in order. The device will order them correctly if there are only 9 books. Any more than that, and it will list book 10, 11, 12 etc before 1, 2, 3
elcreative is offline   Reply With Quote