Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Reading Recommendations

Notices

Old 03-13-2012, 07:36 AM   #1
jbcohen
Wizard
jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung A21
Grantville Gazette

I understand that a series of novels collectively called the Grantville Gazette are books consisting of short stories set in the ring of fire environment? I am not a fan of short stories, novellas or other shortened books as such. Are the Grantville Gazette books that I should perhaps over look them?

Last edited by jbcohen; 03-13-2012 at 12:48 PM.
jbcohen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012, 10:42 AM   #2
Redcard
Addict
Redcard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Redcard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Redcard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Redcard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Redcard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Redcard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Redcard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Redcard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Redcard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Redcard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Redcard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Here's what I would suggest.

Buy one. Or buy a Monthly Bundle containing one. Read it, and if it's not for you, cool. The reason I suggest this is because sometimes people think they might not be for short stories or novellas, but might still be big fans of the world and that might be enough to overlook the short form.

(Also, there are some at Fifth Imperium: http://baencd.thefifthimperium.com/2...asternFrontCD/, so you can check them out for free, so ignore that "Buy one" thing )
Redcard is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-13-2012, 10:48 AM   #3
Redcard
Addict
Redcard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Redcard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Redcard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Redcard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Redcard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Redcard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Redcard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Redcard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Redcard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Redcard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Redcard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
And to answer your question.. which I missed doing.. no, you don't need to read the GG as they are often ancillary to the main story lines. That said, there are some "injokes" and "behind the scenes" things that might get mentioned in the main story lines that occurred in a GG.
Redcard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 04:00 PM   #4
morriss003
Evangelist
morriss003 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.morriss003 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.morriss003 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.morriss003 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.morriss003 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.morriss003 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.morriss003 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.morriss003 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.morriss003 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.morriss003 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.morriss003 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle
I purchase the three volume bundles for $15. For example, I just purchased and downloaded issues 38, 38, and 40. Are they worth it? Just barely. The quality of the writing ranges from very good to just fair. Each volume has some non-fiction that is usually boring. Many of the newer volumes have one or two stories that have nothing to do with the 1632 series. If you are a serious fan, sure, buy it. If not, don't bother.
morriss003 is offline   Reply With Quote