Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Onyx Boox

Notices

Old 05-03-2013, 06:15 AM   #1
ledmike
ledmike began at the beginning.

Device: Onyx Boox m92
Question Broken screen reparation on m92 - onyx/artatech disservice

Hello everybody,
i write here because i need suggestion for an unpleasant situation I am experiencing with the screen reparation of my device.
In january I bought an Onyx Boox m92 and i was completely satisfied of my purchase. Unfortunately after a month of use i broke the screen (shame on me ).

I asked to the european support and they told me to contact Artatech (Poland), responsible for the handling and reparation of their devices, I sent them the ereader and after a week they asked for a bank transfer (€ 178.35) which i did.

After two weeks without having a word from them I sent an email asking news and they answered they hadn't had any payment from me and to provide a pdf copy of the bank confirmation. I sent it and had no answer from them for two weeks.

At this point I contacted the costumer service and cc the artatech service asking them to intervene. Instead Artatech alone answered saying they did not receive any payment and that they were "confused by this strange situation" without even trying to find a solution . I contacted my bank which confirmed the bank transfer and I checked my bank account to see if the amount was taken and it was.

I asked them to talk with their bank and to check if all the data on the confirmation were correct but I have no answer yet (they are really unnerving me ).

I was going to write them again but I preferred to ask to more experienced users on this forum before deciding to take things more seriuously.
What can i do? It's been two months since I sent the device and I'm a little bit upset.

Sorry for the long post!
ledmike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 10:13 AM   #2
ledmike

Still waiting...

I still have no news from artatech.
I'm contacting Onyx international to see if they can solve my issue.
I'm very tired of this situation, I've done anything in my power but now the problem must be solved by them and they didn't evere suggest a solution.
Is there anyone who found himself in the same situation? How would you act?
Thank you!
Advert
Old 05-07-2013, 06:10 AM   #3
machinogodzilla
Addict
machinogodzilla can program the VCR without an owner's manual.machinogodzilla can program the VCR without an owner's manual.machinogodzilla can program the VCR without an owner's manual.machinogodzilla can program the VCR without an owner's manual.machinogodzilla can program the VCR without an owner's manual.machinogodzilla can program the VCR without an owner's manual.machinogodzilla can program the VCR without an owner's manual.machinogodzilla can program the VCR without an owner's manual.machinogodzilla can program the VCR without an owner's manual.machinogodzilla can program the VCR without an owner's manual.machinogodzilla can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: PBook 902† Kindle† Nook SimpleTouch† Onyx M92† i86† M96 N96ML NotePro
Go and describe your issues on their Facebook page for everyone else to see. Doing so helped me a few times when I was dealing with rogue companies before.
machinogodzilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 05:41 PM   #4
ledmike

Thanks but i don't know how effective it will be since they have only 300 fans, I sent an e-mail to onyx international. I'm waiting for a reply.
Old 05-08-2013, 05:59 AM   #5
machinogodzilla
Addict
machinogodzilla can program the VCR without an owner's manual.machinogodzilla can program the VCR without an owner's manual.machinogodzilla can program the VCR without an owner's manual.machinogodzilla can program the VCR without an owner's manual.machinogodzilla can program the VCR without an owner's manual.machinogodzilla can program the VCR without an owner's manual.machinogodzilla can program the VCR without an owner's manual.machinogodzilla can program the VCR without an owner's manual.machinogodzilla can program the VCR without an owner's manual.machinogodzilla can program the VCR without an owner's manual.machinogodzilla can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: PBook 902† Kindle† Nook SimpleTouch† Onyx M92† i86† M96 N96ML NotePro
What do you have to lose? I'm not their "fan" but I still look at their page from time to time.
machinogodzilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-08-2013, 06:19 AM   #6
Feher
Addict
Feher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Feher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Feher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Feher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Feher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Feher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Feher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Feher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Feher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Feher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Feher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Onyx Boox M92; Onyx Boox i86ML; Kobo Aura H2O; Dasung Paperlike
yes, prospective buyers look at facebook page.
Feher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2013, 09:36 AM   #7
pepe_alter_ego
Zealot
pepe_alter_ego is kind to children and small, furry animalspepe_alter_ego is kind to children and small, furry animalspepe_alter_ego is kind to children and small, furry animalspepe_alter_ego is kind to children and small, furry animalspepe_alter_ego is kind to children and small, furry animalspepe_alter_ego is kind to children and small, furry animalspepe_alter_ego is kind to children and small, furry animalspepe_alter_ego is kind to children and small, furry animalspepe_alter_ego is kind to children and small, furry animalspepe_alter_ego is kind to children and small, furry animalspepe_alter_ego is kind to children and small, furry animals

Device: Onyx Boox M92, Kindle Paperwhite 1 (Wi-Fi)
Note also that they sell their devices on Amazon, so you could describe your issues there, too.
pepe_alter_ego is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2013, 06:18 PM   #8
ledmike

Issue theorically solved, I'm waiting for the pack

Thanks to all, really!
It wasn't necessary to write on the facebook page.
I wrote a mail to the onyx international (in china) menacing legal proceedings and bad publicity, they answered immediately saying they would have talked to artatech in order to solve the problem. A few hours later I received a mail from artatech where they apologized and they promised my ebook back and some gift (hearphones and book light). An hour later i received the UPS mail for the package tracking.
I'll let you know when the pack will arrive.
Thank you very much again!
Old 05-15-2013, 06:42 AM   #9
ledmike

Ok, issue solved.
Yesterday I received the repaired boox and as a refund for the long time waiting a pair of headphones and a book light.
Still I can't understand why it took so long and why I had to contact the onyx china in order to have the problem solved.
Thank you all,
Michele
Old 05-16-2013, 03:08 AM   #10
Mono
Mono
Mono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blue

Device: Boox M92
For non guarantie repairs (in your case), you can also use Booxstor's e-shop (Germany), which has excellent service. And there is also possible to get M92 repaired in Czech Republic.
Mono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2013, 10:23 AM   #11
ledmike

thanks, i hope i will never have this need... by the way someone has suggestion for a really protective case, i found one designed for the ipad in neoprene with inner "bubbles".