Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 10-31-2011, 04:28 PM   #16
nefferbea
nefferbea is faster than slow light.nefferbea is faster than slow light.nefferbea is faster than slow light.nefferbea is faster than slow light.nefferbea is faster than slow light.nefferbea is faster than slow light.nefferbea is faster than slow light.nefferbea is faster than slow light.nefferbea is faster than slow light.nefferbea is faster than slow light.nefferbea is faster than slow light.

Device: Sony PRS600, ipod touch, Sony 950
This was pretty funny. It says that I'm North Central and have a Minnesota accent. I'm from Oregon and now live in Northern California.
nefferbea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2011, 04:44 PM   #17
astra
The Introvert
astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Reader PRS-650 & 505 & 500
Northern
Quote:
You have a Northern accent. That could either be the Chicago/Detroit/Cleveland/Buffalo accent (easily recognizable) or the Western New England accent that news networks go for
I have no clue what it means since my accent is a heavy Russian tank with a subtle Israeli flavour
astra is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-31-2011, 04:45 PM   #18
John Carroll
kookoo
John Carroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Carroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Carroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Carroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Carroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Carroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Carroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Carroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Carroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Carroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Carroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, Nook, LG4
Western, which makes sense, since I grew up in California (California City of all places) and now live in Colorado, (though not Colorado City)
John Carroll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2011, 04:58 PM   #19
GreyCat
Enthusiast
GreyCat once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.GreyCat once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.GreyCat once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.GreyCat once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.GreyCat once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.GreyCat once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.GreyCat once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.GreyCat once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.GreyCat once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.GreyCat once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.GreyCat once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: Cybook Gen3 & Opus, Sony PRS-650, Sony PRS-T1
Northeastern

Well I guess Norway is north-east of the US right?

GreyCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2011, 06:53 PM   #20
wayrad
Fanatic
wayrad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wayrad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wayrad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wayrad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wayrad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wayrad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wayrad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wayrad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wayrad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wayrad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wayrad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: HTC One M8
Northeastern, which is perfectly accurate (I grew up in Connecticut).
wayrad is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-31-2011, 07:09 PM   #21
Dylrob
Murderous Mustela
Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad M1 Pro, Kindle Paperwhite
Neutral. How odd. The only states I've ever lived in are California and Nevada.
Dylrob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2011, 09:00 PM   #22
CazMar
Book Geek
CazMar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CazMar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CazMar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CazMar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CazMar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CazMar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CazMar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CazMar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CazMar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CazMar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CazMar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch, Asus MemPad 7" tablet, Nexus 5, Asus 10" tablet
Apparently I come from North-Eastern USA. As I was born in Sydney, Australia this is very peculiar! I don't think too many NE USA residents would be fooled for a moment - sounds like East coast Aussie to me.
I have endless arguments with other Adelaide residents who say "dahnse" for "dance", "plahnt" for "plant".
CazMar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2011, 09:19 PM   #23
odiakkoh
Guru
odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 5s
Northeast new england...wtf?

i grew up in japan and california.
odiakkoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2011, 10:27 PM   #24
The Terminator
Retired
The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch, Optimus One (2.3), Nexus 7 (4.2)
It really isn't international I think, it isn't calculating Australian accents.
The Terminator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2011, 09:12 AM   #25
Steven Lyle Jordan
Grand Sorcerer
Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
It didn't get me, either: It claimed I have a southern accent, when in fact I have an East Coast "corridor" accent developed from so many years watching neutral network TV.
Steven Lyle Jordan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2011, 11:03 AM   #26
maianhvk
whimsical
maianhvk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maianhvk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maianhvk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maianhvk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maianhvk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maianhvk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maianhvk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maianhvk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maianhvk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maianhvk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maianhvk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: current: PPW 4. brick: K3 & Voyage.
Neutral.

(Oh I guess that I studied English with too many teachers...)
maianhvk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2011, 04:20 PM   #27
phenomshel
ZCD BombShel
phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad, STB Kindle Oasis
Says Neutral for me.. this is TERRIBLE!!! I'm losing my Texas accent!! Nooooooo!!!!!!! Y'all, say it ain't so!!!!!!

*grin*
phenomshel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2011, 04:26 PM   #28
Dylrob
Murderous Mustela
Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad M1 Pro, Kindle Paperwhite
Quote:
Originally Posted by phenomshel View Post
Says Neutral for me.. this is TERRIBLE!!! I'm losing my Texas accent!! Nooooooo!!!!!!! Y'all, say it ain't so!!!!!!

*grin*
Don't worry. You're still completely incoherent to me.
Dylrob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2011, 04:27 PM   #29
covingtoncat73
Wizard
covingtoncat73 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covingtoncat73 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covingtoncat73 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covingtoncat73 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covingtoncat73 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covingtoncat73 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covingtoncat73 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covingtoncat73 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covingtoncat73 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covingtoncat73 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covingtoncat73 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, Lenovo Duet Chromebook, Moto e
Quote:
Originally Posted by phenomshel View Post
As a fellow "Neutral," who is one state to your East, I had to post this quote...

"What makes a good man go neutral? Lust for gold? Power? Or were you just born with a heart full of neutrality?"
covingtoncat73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2011, 04:27 PM   #30
phenomshel
ZCD BombShel
phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad, STB Kindle Oasis
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dylrob View Post
Don't worry. You're still completely incoherent to me.

Thank you, dear. I think....
phenomshel is offline   Reply With Quote