Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices > enTourage eDGe

Notices

Old 10-18-2011, 01:46 AM   #1
flyingalbert
flyingalbert began at the beginning.

Device: Entourage Edge
Anyone get Skype or Fring working on Entourage Edge or Pocket Edge

I've both the Entourage Edge and Pocket Edge. I want to get Skype or Fring working. But I try many version of apk. Some won't login (Skype), some no video, some crash .... etc. Please advice. I update both my EDGE TO 2.2.1.

Thanks,
flyingalbert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2011, 06:17 PM   #2
ivanjt
Guru
ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle dx; eDGe
I don't think you will get video working with Skype on either the EE or PE.

Do a search of this forum as there were a few threads about Skype and which version would work - all without video.
ivanjt is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-19-2011, 04:55 PM   #3
hector_joni
hector_joni began at the beginning.

Device: pocket eDGe
The last version of fring is working (including video calls) fine with my pocket on ermine 1.02.
hector_joni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2011, 10:09 PM   #4
gregounours
Enthusiast
gregounours began at the beginning.

Device: Pocket Edge
Is fring only mobile to mobile or is there away to video chat with somebody on an actual computer?

EDIT: just looked it up and you can't do PC or Mac for that matter.
I downloaded fring and it automatically turned off video. I forced it on in the settings and it seems to work at first in the test call. I could see myself but it would not play back the clip. Has anybody actually used it for video chat? Anyway to prevent the app from turning sideways?

Quote:
Originally Posted by hector_joni View Post
The last version of fring is working (including video calls) fine with my pocket on ermine 1.02.

Last edited by gregounours; 10-19-2011 at 11:02 PM.
gregounours is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2011, 07:51 AM   #5
hector_joni

"Has anybody actually used it for video chat?"

In fact I have already tried it with a friend, who also got fring in his pocket edge and it worked alright. It appeared to be some audio interference, but I guess it was due to we were too close to each other when we did the video calling.

About the other question I dont know the answer...
Advert
Old 10-21-2011, 09:45 AM   #6
cajunseo
Zealot
cajunseo began at the beginning.

Device: pocket edge
What? Yall have video working? Where does one get Fring? Will it communicate with other video chat programs like Facetime or Skype? How did you get it working?
cajunseo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2011, 12:55 PM   #7
hector_joni

Sorry for the late reply,
I got fring from the market, but I guess there is a lot of android app sites, which have it to download.
If you want FRING via Market follow the steps for allmine:
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=152337

if you want to download it right away:
http://androiddev.orkitra.com/
2. The video works alright for me. You cant expect much from the camera, but its ok.

3. I think fring can communicate, just within the fring community..

4. In order to get the video calls working, you need to go to options and then select "enable camera".

Hope you have fun^^
Old 01-07-2012, 01:45 PM   #8
Pedro Juan
Pedro Juan began at the beginning.

Device: pocket edge
Greetings,
I just bought a pocket edge from a person. It shows this person's alias account. Surely
was registered before Entourage closed their doors.
Does anyone knows how to change an account via root directory path to file(s) to be edited?
Thanks. pj

Last edited by Pedro Juan; 01-07-2012 at 02:26 PM. Reason: typo
Pedro Juan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2012, 04:40 PM   #9
Filark
Armed with a smile :)
Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: enTourage eDGe & Pocket eDGe, Samsung Galaxy Note II
Hi there, PJ and welcome to the forum.

You may be able to do a Factory Refresh on your PE. It will wipe out all data, but that sounds like what you want. Go to Settings (either the app or hit the menu button on the home page and tap settings), then Privacy and you'll see "Factory data reset" if your Pocket eDGe is running Ermine. If you don't see Privacy in the Settings list you may be running Dingo.

Let us know!
Filark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2012, 06:38 PM   #10
vicinc
Guru
vicinc has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.vicinc has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.vicinc has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.vicinc has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.vicinc has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Pocket Edgex2(1unborked), Alex, Nook B&W, Nook Color, Nook STR
OR USE pablob golden update rc3
vicinc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2012, 10:07 PM   #11
Filark
Armed with a smile :)
Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: enTourage eDGe & Pocket eDGe, Samsung Galaxy Note II
Quote:
Originally Posted by vicinc View Post
OR USE pablob golden update rc3

Aye, what he said!
Filark is offline   Reply With Quote