Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 09-30-2011, 03:12 PM   #1
saila
saila began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3
Personal Document Service rate limits?

I'm running one of those websites which sends stuff to people's Kindles via the Personal Document Service.
Recently more & more of my emails to @free.kindle.com are silently dropped.
I've changed nothing, so I think Amazon must've drastically increased the rate limiting.

Anyone know anything about this, or how instapaper/kindlefeeder etc get around it?
My googling didn't turn anything up on this
saila is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2011, 04:26 PM   #2
dasmoover
Connoisseur
dasmoover is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.dasmoover is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.dasmoover is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.dasmoover is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.dasmoover is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.dasmoover is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.dasmoover is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.dasmoover is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.dasmoover is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.dasmoover is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.dasmoover is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.

Device: Kindle 3 WIFI
They may be tightening up the 3G restrictions, the Kindle Touch 3G will not be able to browse the internet without wifi. (Update 4.0.1 adds automatic at&t hotspot connection)
I cannot receive personal documents on 3G either.

I don't think there will be a way around the rate limit, rather a new method to transfer content wirelessly. (ssh, content server, etc)
dasmoover is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-30-2011, 04:48 PM   #3
saila
saila began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3
Thanks for the info!
I didn't know about the lack of 3G browsing in the Touch.
Does seem like too much of a coincidence, what with the new devices launched yesterday.
saila is offline   Reply With Quote