Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 11-02-2010, 11:20 PM   #1
sabredog
Geographically Restricted
sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-T3, Kindle Voyage, iPad Air2, Nexus7v2
Kobo future firmware feature request thread

As there seems to be a lot of feature requests for future firmware updates for both Ko1 and Ko2 (wiFi) lately, it seems best to bring all the seperate and thus hard to follow request threads together under one thread.

This also allows the Kobo support staff who are participants on Mobileread to find 'em all!

To start the ball rolling;

My request for Ko1 future firmware would be instant on and go-to.
sabredog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2010, 11:24 PM   #2
Khendron
Khendron can differentiate black from dark navy blueKhendron can differentiate black from dark navy blueKhendron can differentiate black from dark navy blueKhendron can differentiate black from dark navy blueKhendron can differentiate black from dark navy blueKhendron can differentiate black from dark navy blueKhendron can differentiate black from dark navy blueKhendron can differentiate black from dark navy blueKhendron can differentiate black from dark navy blueKhendron can differentiate black from dark navy blueKhendron can differentiate black from dark navy blue

Device: Kobo
Quote:
Originally Posted by sabredog View Post
My request for Ko1 future firmware would be instant on and go-to.
Yes, definitely.

And while they are at it, how about not having my Kobo turn itself completely off after being idle for a while? Just sleeping would be fine with me. It is very irritating to put my Kobo down for 30 minutes and then be forced to wait a minute to get back to reading.

I'd also like my Kobo to return to the book I was reading when it is turned on. Right now, I get the I'm Reading list first, and then I have to click my book.
Khendron is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-02-2010, 11:24 PM   #3
ModReader
Kobo
ModReader has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.ModReader has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.ModReader has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.ModReader has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Kobo Aura, Sony PRS-T1, Kobo Wifi
For both Kobos: GO TO PAGE!!!!

Yes caps are needed in such a case.
ModReader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2010, 11:37 PM   #4
3d0g
I make fjords.
3d0g can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.3d0g can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.3d0g can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.3d0g can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.3d0g can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.3d0g can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.3d0g can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.3d0g can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.3d0g can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.3d0g can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.3d0g can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.

Device: kobo 1 (retired), kobo 2, iPad, G2, Galaxy Tab 7+
Only two features I want: Cleanup of sloppy EPUB margins, and hyperlink support.
3d0g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2010, 11:46 PM   #5
dwoolley
dwoolley will become famous soon enoughdwoolley will become famous soon enoughdwoolley will become famous soon enoughdwoolley will become famous soon enoughdwoolley will become famous soon enoughdwoolley will become famous soon enough

Device: Aura One, H20
Bugs

I'm reading doesn't always display the last book I'm reading.
Pressing power while reading non kobo epubs turns off rather than sleeps

Basic enhancements

Bookmarks
Go to page
dwoolley is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-02-2010, 11:48 PM   #6
The Cod Father
Enthusiast
The Cod Father is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.The Cod Father is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.The Cod Father is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.The Cod Father is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.The Cod Father is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.The Cod Father is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.The Cod Father is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.The Cod Father is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.The Cod Father is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.The Cod Father is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.The Cod Father is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.

Device: KOBO. Kobo Aura
I seem to be one of those people who are happy with and pleased with thier Kobo. Having said that if I was to start a wish list , A faster start up would be nice , option of a wrist strap ( I sometimes nod off when I'm reading and I'd rather not have my Kobo hit the floor) Dead PDA and a laptop ( wasn't pretty ) that's it . What can I say I'm easily satisified ( I know that line is going to come back and bite me in the A** )

TCF
The Cod Father is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2010, 11:49 PM   #7
moffattm
Addict
moffattm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.moffattm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.moffattm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.moffattm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.moffattm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.moffattm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.moffattm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.moffattm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.moffattm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.moffattm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.moffattm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Original, Kobo Glo
My requests:

Goto page.
PDF reflow.
Hyperlinks to allow jumping around within the document.
moffattm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2010, 12:44 AM   #8
djorkboy
djorkboy began at the beginning.

My requests:

- GoTo page
- Very simple search of title, author, tag
- Sort library by "published year" of title
- View a book's synopsis/"blurb" without adding the book to the "I'm Reading" list
- User definable standby and power off settings

...and it would be nice to have:
- Ability to define text of power-off screen (I want it to read "The device isn't really any more turned off than it was before but we put this screen in to shut up annoying Air Hostesses")
djorkboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2010, 02:14 AM   #9
tpw
Zealot
tpw has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.tpw has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.tpw has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Kobo, Sony PRS650
My future firmware request for Ko1 is - future firmware!

And if it eventuates, for it to contain:

* Goto page
* Adjustable margins and line spacing
* No auto power off
* Time display at the bottom of popup screens
tpw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2010, 02:15 AM   #10
GMFuller
Connoisseur
GMFuller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GMFuller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GMFuller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GMFuller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GMFuller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GMFuller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GMFuller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GMFuller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GMFuller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GMFuller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GMFuller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Support for multi-level table of contents
GMFuller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2010, 05:36 AM   #11
taming
Trying for calm & polite
taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo original, WiFI, Touch, Glo, and Aura
hyperlinks
dictionary support for books sideloaded trough ADE or Calibre
Go-to page
PDF reflow
taming is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2010, 06:17 AM   #12
zoran
himself
zoran can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.zoran can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.zoran can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.zoran can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.zoran can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.zoran can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.zoran can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.zoran can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.zoran can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.zoran can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.zoran can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.

Hm. Go-to seems as obvious, but... Is it quite easy to perform with
the way sqlite stores data?
Pdf reflow is not something we will see if the file is made with fixed
end of line. Choice if it should power off or not is already part of 1.7,
as I know. Speed? Not with the same hardware. Margin size is really
part of css file and the way to format the content. If not at out taste,
put blame on editor.
Personally, I would like to see white background and black letters.
Good contrast. No glossy screen (as the present one is). No free books
one the reader and wifi firmware upgrade. I assume in a 2-3 years, as
a standard.
zoran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2010, 06:48 AM   #13
3d0g
I make fjords.
3d0g can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.3d0g can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.3d0g can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.3d0g can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.3d0g can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.3d0g can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.3d0g can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.3d0g can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.3d0g can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.3d0g can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.3d0g can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.

Device: kobo 1 (retired), kobo 2, iPad, G2, Galaxy Tab 7+
Quote:
Originally Posted by zoran View Post
Margin size is really
part of css file and the way to format the content. If not at out taste,
put blame on editor.
This of course was beaten to death in another thread but in case you missed it, this is obviously a publisher CSS issue, but one that is trivially rectified in hardware, just as the font sizing was. "Blaming the editor" doesn't do a thing when your 6" screen is effectively reduced to 4".
3d0g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2010, 06:53 AM   #14
zoran
himself
zoran can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.zoran can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.zoran can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.zoran can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.zoran can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.zoran can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.zoran can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.zoran can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.zoran can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.zoran can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.zoran can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3d0g View Post
This of course was beaten to death in another thread but in case you missed it, this is obviously a publisher CSS issue, but one that is trivially rectified in hardware, just as the font sizing was. "Blaming the editor" doesn't do a thing when your 6" screen is effectively reduced to 4".
I'm happy to miss the thread when I could have it all in one sentence.
Thanks.
zoran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2010, 07:45 AM   #15
dmacmart
Fanatic
dmacmart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmacmart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmacmart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmacmart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmacmart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmacmart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmacmart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmacmart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmacmart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmacmart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmacmart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Mini, Glo, Arc, H2O, iPhone, iPad 2, (husband)Touch
My iPhone Kobo app has bookmarks, highlighting, annotations, and "go to" slider. Those would all be very nice on the Kobo hardware!

Go to and bookmarks are most important.
dmacmart is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
feature requests, firmware, kobo