Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 09-08-2009, 11:13 PM   #1
oncdoc
Addict
oncdoc has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.oncdoc has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.oncdoc has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.oncdoc has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: kindle, pocket pro
button placement on the 300 question

is it true the page turn button is in the center bottem of the 300. Doesn't that make it awkward to turn the page?
oncdoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2009, 12:21 AM   #2
ultramookie
almighty trouble creator
ultramookie , Klaatu Barada Niktu!ultramookie , Klaatu Barada Niktu!ultramookie , Klaatu Barada Niktu!ultramookie , Klaatu Barada Niktu!ultramookie , Klaatu Barada Niktu!ultramookie , Klaatu Barada Niktu!ultramookie , Klaatu Barada Niktu!ultramookie , Klaatu Barada Niktu!ultramookie , Klaatu Barada Niktu!ultramookie , Klaatu Barada Niktu!ultramookie , Klaatu Barada Niktu!

Device: bn nook
it is the five way controller in the middle, yes. but, not the center button. right or down turns the pages forward. left and up turns pages in reverse. and no, it's not awkward at all. i like the setup.
ultramookie is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-09-2009, 01:23 AM   #3
DrMoze
Booknut
DrMoze plays well with othersDrMoze plays well with othersDrMoze plays well with othersDrMoze plays well with othersDrMoze plays well with othersDrMoze plays well with othersDrMoze plays well with othersDrMoze plays well with othersDrMoze plays well with othersDrMoze plays well with othersDrMoze plays well with others

Device: Sony Reader 500/505/300/350, Nook Glowlight Plus (6")
The page turn (right or bottom, as mentioned above) works well. I use the bottom button with either thumb when reading one-handed. Although I think it would have been way cool if Sony added page turn buttons along the right edge, under the plastic bumper!
DrMoze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2009, 02:02 AM   #4
mgmueller
Member Retired
mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 26 Readers, 44 Tablets
Quote:
Originally Posted by oncdoc View Post
is it true the page turn button is in the center bottem of the 300. Doesn't that make it awkward to turn the page?
Yes. I think it's awkward, too.
I'm not sure, whether the 5 way button will "survive" years of intensive usage.
I prefer the buttons on the right like Cybook Opus or Kindle 2 have them.
It would be great, to freely configure all buttons yourself, like we all did on PDAs.
Sony 300 still is a great unit though.
mgmueller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2009, 10:37 AM   #5
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
Quote:
Originally Posted by mgmueller View Post
I prefer the buttons on the right like Cybook Opus or Kindle 2 have them.
My preference too. The 300 look like a solid device, but side buttons would have been nice.
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-09-2009, 12:35 PM   #6
lisreed
Addict
lisreed is no ebook tyro.lisreed is no ebook tyro.lisreed is no ebook tyro.lisreed is no ebook tyro.lisreed is no ebook tyro.lisreed is no ebook tyro.lisreed is no ebook tyro.lisreed is no ebook tyro.lisreed is no ebook tyro.lisreed is no ebook tyro.

Device: Nook GlowLight 3
Well my sony 300 just arrived and we have an Opus already. I was concerned about the placement of the button on the 300 as opposed to the Opus. Because of the smaller size I am finding it perfectly comfortable. I can use either hand to turn pages. On the Opus the buttons are hard to depress and on the Sony its a breeze! So I am happy about that.
lisreed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2009, 05:49 PM   #7
PaulGuy
Zealot
PaulGuy will become famous soon enoughPaulGuy will become famous soon enoughPaulGuy will become famous soon enoughPaulGuy will become famous soon enoughPaulGuy will become famous soon enoughPaulGuy will become famous soon enough

Device: GDX, K2i, K3 3G, nook wi-fi
In part due to its overall small size I found the 5 way worked comfortably on the 300.
PaulGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2009, 07:22 AM   #8
dura
Groupie
dura ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dura ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dura ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dura ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dura ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dura ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dura ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dura ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dura ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dura ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dura ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo H2O (2th edition), Kindle PW11
No problem for me; I hold it with one hand and use the thumb of that hand to turn pages, I don't have to chance my grip at all.
dura is offline   Reply With Quote