Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 10-31-2014, 10:22 AM   #61
kindlekitten
Professional Adventuress
kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Olympic Peninsula on the OTHER Washington! (the big green clean one on the west coast!)
Device: Kindle, the original! Times Two! and gifting an International Kindle
I've been using it for quite awhile and it is still learning from me
kindlekitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2014, 10:35 AM   #62
WT Sharpe
Bah, humbug!
WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, iPad Pro, & a Samsung Galaxy S9.
Last night was another round of weirdness, possibly sparked by watching the movie "Haunter" just before going to bed. A very good film for Halloween, btw, about a girl who died just before her 16th birthday and now finds herself being haunted by a living girl. Anyhow, my dreams were, if possible, even more bizarre than last night's. Lots of darkness (all were night or very early morning scenes), poverty, drug addicts, mobile homes that were little more than conex boxes, war memories, classroom blackboards that revealed different things about the students under a blacklight than under normal light (although my name was missing), and last, but not least, I threw a bigot in a toilet, but later had to rescue him because he was so far down (about 10 feet or so) that he couldn't get out by himself. Oh, yeah, then it was morning and there was ice on the ground and a gang of people were playing "crack the whip" on the ice. They had taken refuge from the night in a makeshift Christmas tree fortress and were now enjoying the ice. I, too, when I entered a building and saw its sloping floor covered in ice leaped on it and slip to the other end. I was a bit worried about falling, but I managed the slide in fine fashion, stating afterward, "Not bad for a 76 year old. I mean 74." Then I wondered what exactly was my true age (I'm 64). There was also an x-rated scene involving a hole in the wall and a friend's uncharacteristic comment about when he saw and me shaking my head and exclaiming how he was crazy, but this is a family site, so I'll say no more about that.

Last edited by WT Sharpe; 10-31-2014 at 10:38 AM.
WT Sharpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-31-2014, 11:43 AM   #63
kindlekitten
Professional Adventuress
kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Olympic Peninsula on the OTHER Washington! (the big green clean one on the west coast!)
Have you been taking a new med at night or something? These seem to be getting pretty vivid and common
Old 10-31-2014, 02:25 PM   #64
badgoodDeb
Grand Sorcerer
badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palms, K1-4s, iPads, iPhones, KV, KO1
Quote:
Originally Posted by WT Sharpe View Post
I can't believe my discovery of Swipe is less than two months old. I must be the last person on the planet to have discovered it. But it's quickly addictive, and so very much faster than typing that now I wonder how I ever lived without it. Still, I find there are many words in my vocabulary that need to be manually added to its dictionary, although "furnace/fugitive" was probably my fault.
No. No, you aren't the last person to have discovered it. I've never heard of it. Are you going to make me look it up now?? Sheesh.
badgoodDeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2014, 03:05 PM   #65
kindlekitten
Professional Adventuress

If you do, it's a y not an i
Advert
Old 10-31-2014, 03:12 PM   #66
crich70
Grand Sorcerer
crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, Kindle Paperwhite, Calibre, and Mobipocket for Pc (netbook)
Quote:
There was also an x-rated scene involving a hole in the wall and a friend's uncharacteristic comment about when he saw and me shaking my head and exclaiming how he was crazy, but this is a family site, so I'll say no more about that.
Awww. You're going to leave the rest of us hanging since we can't tune in on your subconscious. Sounds like a wild time was had by all.
crich70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2014, 03:55 PM   #67
WT Sharpe
Bah, humbug!
WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by badgoodDeb View Post
No. No, you aren't the last person to have discovered it. I've never heard of it. Are you going to make me look it up now?? Sheesh.
Kk's right: it's Swype with a "y", and I'm constantly misspelling it. It's an app that allows you to swipe across your keyboard to enter words rather than hitting each key individually and it's available for both iOS devices and Android.

http://www.swype.com/
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Droid_X_with-Swype.jpg
Views:	318
Size:	1.27 MB
ID:	130425  
Old 10-31-2014, 04:50 PM   #68
badgoodDeb
Grand Sorcerer
badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Ahhhh. Wrong place (topic) to ask this, but has anybody else gotten finger burn from all this swiping? I find I have to use my laptop and not my iPad. Or else wear gloves to use my iPad (conductive gloves). Otherwise my finger tips hurt so much that I curl my hands in a ball while in bed, so even the *sheets* don't touch my finger tips.

Last edited by badgoodDeb; 10-31-2014 at 05:08 PM.
Old 10-31-2014, 05:01 PM   #69
kindlekitten
Professional Adventuress

Ummmmm
no
of course that could have something to do with my lifestyle
Old 10-31-2014, 05:07 PM   #70
badgoodDeb
Grand Sorcerer

I was off work last Dec/Jan for a month (blood clots, lungs, legs) and may have increased my amount of touch screen usage. So I quit for 6 months, and used only my laptop. But since then, even an evening's session can re-injure the fingers. I spent an evening recently working up "cloud collections" for my new kindle (the old ones only had local to the device collections). Now I have to use the conductive gloves even for a 10 minute session.
Old 10-31-2014, 05:18 PM   #71
cromag
Surfin the alpha waves ~~
cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Jetbook Lite & Mini, Nook STR, Kobo, Hanvon N516, Kindle 2, Androids
And I just want to say, "furnace" or "fugitive" either way, the "heat" is on.
cromag is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2014, 07:51 PM   #72
kindlekitten
Professional Adventuress

I've just always worked with my hands Deb
Old 10-31-2014, 08:24 PM   #73
WT Sharpe
Bah, humbug!

Quote:
Originally Posted by badgoodDeb View Post
Ahhhh. Wrong place (topic) to ask this, but has anybody else gotten finger burn from all this swiping? I find I have to use my laptop and not my iPad. Or else wear gloves to use my iPad (conductive gloves). Otherwise my finger tips hurt so much that I curl my hands in a ball while in bed, so even the *sheets* don't touch my finger tips.
You must type a lot more than me. Have you tried switching fingers?
Old 10-31-2014, 09:19 PM   #74
WT Sharpe
Bah, humbug!

Deb, the more I think about it, the more I think it wouldn't be a bad idea to check with your family physician. It sounds like you might have a bit off nerve damage. That degree of sensitivity in the fingertips doesn't sound normal to me.
Old 10-31-2014, 10:20 PM   #75
crich70
Grand Sorcerer
crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, Kindle Paperwhite, Calibre, and Mobipocket for Pc (netbook)
Quote:
Deb, the more I think about it, the more I think it wouldn't be a bad idea to check with your family physician. It sounds like you might have a bit off nerve damage. That degree of sensitivity in the fingertips doesn't sound normal to me.
If you have a problem like Diabetes that can cause some nerve damage problems too as well as circulation problems. If you haven't been checked for diabetes you might want to have your Dr. test your blood sugar levels.
crich70 is offline   Reply With Quote